THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump promises congressional term limits

bbedward

The poster boy for what happens to politicians when they remain in Washington to me is John Boehner. The only cure is term limits. The longer the politicians stay in Washington the more corrupted they get.

As the smoke clears on his career, Boehner cashes in thanks to lobbying loopholes

https://sunlightfoundation.com/blog/2016/10/06/as-the-smoke-clears-on-his-career-boehner-cashes-in-thanks-to-lobbying-loopholes/

Much needed IMO

It's a good idea and all, but even if Trump does become President, there is no way he could even do that; changing term limits would require a constitutional amendment, and only Congress or the States themselves can even propose one, much less ratify it. The President has no power at all in the process. And seeing as how an amendment for term limits would place a restriction on the power of Congress, I don't see Congressional members from either party willingly giving up that power anytime soon. As for the state option, 33 amendments in total have been proposed since 1789 - of which only 27 have been ratified - and all of them originated in Congress; none have been proposed by a state-led Constitutional Convention, so the state option doesn't look too good either.

Trump is just grasping at any straws in arms reach at this point to try to get elected.

The poster boy for what happens to politicians when they remain in Washington to me is John Boehner. The only cure is term limits. The longer the politicians stay in Washington the more corrupted they get.

As the smoke clears on his career, Boehner cashes in thanks to lobbying loopholes

https://sunlightfoundation.com/blog/2016/10/06/as-the-smoke-clears-on-his-career-boehner-cashes-in-thanks-to-lobbying-loopholes/

I agree, and it doesn't make sense that only the President has term limits, while Congress and the Supreme Court are allowed unlimited terms.

As for Boehner, he was a corrupt pretty much from the get-go, but he remained in power because when it came time to vote, the people saw the "R" next to his name on the ballot and voted for him simply because he was a Republican. Same thing goes for those on the left who keep on voting for those sad sacks like Pelosi and Reid just because they're Democrats.

Sadly, the majority of voters in this country simply vote by party lines rather than taking the time to actually research their candidates before election day. And as long as the voters keep feeding the two party system, nothing is going to change.

Srsly i have no idea wtf your comment has to do with anything

Ok ill baby step you through it. He's bringing up sn issue now that he knows full well is a non starter. Bringing it up during his presidency would be different. He's doing it now because he knows he's going to lose. What he's doing is setting up another fabricated angle he can point to for the reason he lost..........instead of his own mouth.

If/when trump loses, theres still a chance he wins cause god knows what else might come out about hillary.....but if he loses its cause of his stupid fat dick licking mouth. He got more free press during the primaries than anyone in history, remember the 8d chess he was supposedly playing? Well now he's choking on his own creation. No one but himself to blame, period.

Archived