THE BROWNS BOARD

Smart guns are a dumb idea - there are serious problems

calfoxwc

This is not wise. Again, added step to a potential life or death situation.

Yes but the small chance ill be in an altercation where i font have whats literally a split fucking sec to pull the slide back....doesnt outweigh the risk of carrying one in the chamber with no safety. Love my ruger american but i would hsve preferred a safety which you can flick as ur raising the gun.

I've never been scared that my gun would go off on its own. Whenever I carry it's loaded

Its not going to go off on its own but it can go off pulling it. Hey if you've got decades of exp handling firearms have at it....i dont and for the forseeable future i wont be carrying one in the chamber, maybe not ever i mean why tempt the gods? As i said th millisecond it takes to pull the slide back as ur bringing it up doesnt outweigh piece of mind. Tjeres plenty of yourube showing cops even, shooting themselves right in the dick....figuratively speaking although im sure if i look hard enough i can gind some moron who literally shot himself in the cock

It's the wild west out there

It is just a matter of immediate need. My wife's best friend died at a gym because the fucking morons there thought that the AED unit was too dangerous to be out where kids can get to it. So they locked it up in a closet and didn't disclose to the young guy working where the keys were. So while my wife, a cardiac nurse, is doing compressions and screaming for an AED, they don't have it immediately available. They were delayed several minutes and Lorrie died.

So I am a "no delays" kind of guy in a situation where I or someone else in a bind could die.

Go to a few classes and get comfortable. Fidgeting with a slide in a tense situation is just bad mojo.

YES, talk with friends who are knowledgeable gun owners, "GSO" gun shop owners and of course if at all possible go to a range and handle various firearms. ....might change your perspective on owning and safely handling firearms. And it's fun. :)

It is just a matter of immediate need. My wife's best friend died at a gym because the fucking morons there thought that the AED unit was too dangerous to be out where kids can get to it. So they locked it up in a closet and didn't disclose to the young guy working where the keys were. So while my wife, a cardiac nurse, is doing compressions and screaming for an AED, they don't have it immediately available. They were delayed several minutes and Lorrie died.

So I am a "no delays" kind of guy in a situation where I or someone else in a bind could die.

And that's a fair point and a terrible situation. I would just counter by saying no one is going to grab that AED and use it to shoot someone. The people that locked it away are idiots.

So in reading every post here in a topic that I've had some experience in (started shooting at 11 I'm now 66 that's, ummm about 55 years) some of this comes down to personal preference and training.

Smart guns, semiautomatic with a round in the chamber or not, safeties or not (generally a good idea), revolvers which I like in the right situation.

I just hope the "other guy" carrying is also qualified.

Archived