THE BROWNS BOARD

Kathy Hutchins (1950-2014)

Zombo

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I talked to Todd (Beanpot) last night and he was really glad to hear from me, he has been through a lot, it is still shocking how fast this happened, she was only diagnosed in August and here we are in the first week of October, and she's gone.

If anyone wants to get in touch with Todd, or has plans on possibly attending the service in Greenville SC, let me know with a PM and I'll give you his contact info.

The family prefers no flowers or food or stuff like that, because both boys are leaving right after the service, one lives in Cleveland and one in California, so there is no one there to look after such things. But they certainly appreciate the sentiments, prayers and good will are the best things you can send them.

Zombo

Katherine Frances Hutchins(1950 - 2014)

GVN043836-1_20141006.jpgKatherine Frances Hutchins

Greenville

Katherine Frances Hutchins (nee Sadowski), 64, of Greenville, SC, died of a recent illness on Monday, October 6, 2014, in Mauldin, South Carolina.

Katherine was born May 11, 1950 in Lorain, Ohio to the late Alphonse and Agnes (nee Labiszewki) Sadowski. She had been a resident of Greenville, South Carolina for thirty three years.

In her life, Katherine earned her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the Medical University of South Carolina and was a Registered Nurse in the state of South Carolina. In her second career, she taught health in the School District of Greenville County, first through the Health Outreach program and then as a Health Educator, and finally as a Health Education Curator at Roper Mountain Science Center.

She was a creative and skilled photographer and was looking forward to her pursuit of photographic endeavors in the years to come. She was a lifelong fan of the Cleveland Browns and a season ticket holder from their return to Cleveland until the end of her life. She also enjoyed baseball, gardening, crochet, and playing the piano.

She is survived by sons, Christopher (Ann Marie) of Bay Village, OH and Matthew (Galyna and grandson Andros) of Los Angeles, CA; brother, Philip (Denise) Sadowski of Kansas City, KS.

Along with her parents, she was preceded in death by her sister, Susan Trzeciak.

Friends may call on Wednesday, October 8, 2014, from 6:00 - 8:00pm at Mackey Mortuary, 311 Century Dr., Greenville, SC. A memorial service will be held on Thursday, October 9, 2014, at 11:00am at Mackey Mortuary. Interment will be at Calvary Cemetery, Lorain, Ohio.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the charity of choice .

The Mackey Mortuary. Online registry available at www.mackeymortuary.com

Funeral HomeMackey Mortuary
311 CENTURY DR GREENVILLE, SC 29607
(864) 232-6706

Published in The Greenville News on Oct. 7, 2014

I am so very sorry to hear this. I woke up today with an awful feeling that something was wrong. I so wish it wasn't this. My deepest condolences to Todd and to Kathy's family. They are in my thoughts and prayers. I always enjoyed my contact with Kathy here. It was my private thing that my own sister's name is Cathy so it was Kathy and Heidi here. My sister is also going thru cancer again as well. But this sad news today was so sudden. She was such a funny, strong and enthusiastic and knowledgeble woman. Rest in peace Kathy. You will always be a presence here. God bless and keep you. You have touched many people.

beautiful lady.

zombo you are the man for posting this info as i would have never known anything except she has passed.

artist photographer musician. no wonder i liked her the first time i talked to her. plus she was a fellow 'ski' just like me.

wish i was close to SC cuz i'd definitely be there.

heart goes out to everyone involved.

I had never met her, but you know, she just looks like she would be nice.

I've never agreed with you more...

Thanks for the words because for once I had none...

It's so great to read all of these wonderful messages. I have to tell you all that I was able to share many of them with Kathy a couple of weeks back. I haven't been here often over the last several years and I didn't recognize many of the user names, but Kathy would slightly shake or nod her head when I tried to guess the identity of the poster. She corrected me more times than I care to admit but it shows she was very aware of all of the great support.

Just to address one thing that Rich mentioned up thread, I deeply apologize if any of you feel slighted by having to learn of this via the board and not personally. I asked John (Zombo) to keep things private and he did exactly that at my request and with Kathy's support. We had both hoped that there would be a time where her condition stabilized enough so that we could bring all of you in but that just never occurred. Rich, it was great talking to you today. Please know that all of the love you showed her over the years meant more to her than anything you could have done these last few weeks.

Just a note to Doug (Furnier) - I'm really sorry you're having to go through this with your Mom. I did have to laugh about your "glue in the crazy jigsaw puzzle" line.

If I were to use just one word to describe Kathy, it would be that one. Because that's exactly what she was...Nice.

Yep, exactly that. A word that's often used to conveniently define someone while politely not mentioning their faults. Not in her case - Kathy was truly nice.

Kathy and I worked hard to bring the Browns back with a fellow named Joe Melchior from San Francisco after the Art moved the team. We won everything the team the name the colors and the records. Talked at length to Beanpot thanks for helping her in the hour of need. Luv you Kathy..........have fun cheering for the browns from above

R.i.p. even though I never knew you, I love you. Browns will win a ring this year for you

I second that.

RIP and go Browns

I wanted to stop by and give my condolences to the Browns Board and to Kathy's family and friends.

I never got the pleasure of meeting her in person but we were friends on Facebook and I always thought she was a wonderful lady. She had a knack of putting folks in their place without going all postal and was an overall calming influence. She knew her Tribe and Browns, that was for sure. I found out about her passing on another board, that is how well appreciated she was.

I hate to see cancer take someone who still had a lot of life left. She deserved to be here when the Browns turn this thing around and it is close. No doubt that the history making Titans game was for her.

RIP Kathy, you will be missed.

She was blessed to have you in her life Beans.

Same goes for you, Ghoolie. I saw those beautiful pictures she took of your studio and she always spoke very highly of you. I guess we were all blessed to be a part of her life. I know she had a huge smile on her face watching the game today :-)

I never got a chance to really know Kathy. I think that was my loss.

I remember competing against her in fantasy football, we fought in one game tooth and nail. back and forth

It all came down to a monday night game that I eeked out. She sent me a congratulatory albeit short note the next day

but also reminding me that she would get me the next time. And dammit she did.

Kathy today was for you, all that hard work blood, sweat and tears bringing back the team that you loved.

We competed today all over the football field and my friend Neil and I raised a glass in your honour and spirit

Because this one was for you and everyone that you influenced to stay the course, keep with the team because good things were gonna happen.

Archived