THE BROWNS BOARD

Reputation goes far, and the Browns have Failed

White Dog

Agree. I saw nothing that belittled Cleveland. However, the only way it is a non story is if it was about any team other than Cleveland. .

It is common knowledge throughout the country that Cleveland is one of the least desirable teams to play for, which is why it became a story...as misleading and bogus as it was.

I don't think that Cleveland is any less or more desirable to play for than any other NFL team. Browns players will all get their paychecks which is most important to them.

Not having won in a long time I guess is the only thing negative about playing for the Browns.....but here is a clue for all those players out there: If you play well, then this team may win. If you play poorly, they won't. So, the control over whether or not a team is desirable to play for rests heavily on the shoulders of those supposedly making that judgment.

I still think Goff's dad deep inside was breathing a sigh of relief.

So were we....because Goff won't be all that and a bag of chips. Like I said.....Sam Bradfordish.

Agree. I saw nothing that belittled Cleveland. However, the only way it is a non story is if it was about any team other than Cleveland. .

It is common knowledge throughout the country that Cleveland is one of the least desirable teams to play for, which is why it became a story...as misleading and bogus as it was.

I don't think that Cleveland is any less or more desirable to play for than any other NFL team. Browns players will all get their paychecks which is most important to them.

Not having won in a long time I guess is the only thing negative about playing for the Browns.....but here is a clue for all those players out there: If you play well, then this team may win. If you play poorly, they won't. So, the control over whether or not a team is desirable to play for rests heavily on the shoulders of those supposedly making that judgment.

So were we....because Goff won't be all that and a bag of chips. Like I said.....Sam Bradfordish.

Totally agree with the Bradford analogy. If Goff winds up being anything it will be a ways from now. He'll be on another team 5 years from now. Alex Smithish.

it also should cause some self-reflection

Some random person says things, and those words should be assumed to be correct [a requirement before any self-reflection would take place] .. why, exactly?

You're an idiot for believing that.

What? You didn't first accept that you are being correctly identified as lacking in intelligence?

Shocking.

Yes the paychecks mean the most to them. It's all smiles as they become instant millionaires hearing their name being selected by an NFL team, any NFL team. They have just become a professional football player living their dream. At that instant they don't care who drafted them.

But do you believe that if a "wish list" type of poll was taken among to top draft prospects ...on which 3 teams they would have the most desire to play for, that Cleveland would be anywhere near the top of the teams most selected? I would be hard pressed to believe Cleveland gets a vote unless the player was a fan growing up.

Do you remember Devonte Parker? How about Teddy Twatwater openly saying he didn't want to play in Cleveland?

http://louisvillesportslive.net/the-cleveland-browns-shouldnt-be-surprised-nobody-wants-to-play-for-them/

The top 5 least desirable teams to play according to current players.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/08/25/the-5-least-desirable-teams-to-play-for-in-nfl/

Didn't read it. I suppose the reason Green Bay is on the list is due to the combination of the weather and that it is an unhip boring cowtown.

Jesus you people fall for clickbait bullcrap.

Goff's dad lives and works on CA. He was remarking that he is happy his son is playing for the rams because his son will be very close and he can much more easily attend games. He stated that of he went to cleveland that would have been much harder logistically.

This article ia crap journalism, nothing more.

Bingo... it's almost always a relative of the player, not the player.

Only thing more certain is fans won't make the distinction.

This is still a thing on this board?

Seriously, the horse is dead.

NONE of the Qb's in this draft were worth the first round. I dont care what you say, these guys are mediocre at best. Nice job falling into the tv hype that the other teams did. I expect better of you people that jumped on the Goff Wentz trains. You literally were brainwashed into thinking these guys will be allstars. Any other draft and these guys are 3rd rounders at best.

Yes the paychecks mean the most to them. It's all smiles as they become instant millionaires hearing their name being selected by an NFL team, any NFL team. They have just become a professional football player living their dream. At that instant they don't care who drafted them.

But do you believe that if a "wish list" type of poll was taken among to top draft prospects ...on which 3 teams they would have the most desire to play for, that Cleveland would be anywhere near the top of the teams most selected? I would be hard pressed to believe Cleveland gets a vote unless the player was a fan growing up.

Do you remember Devonte Parker? How about Teddy Twatwater openly saying he didn't want to play in Cleveland?

http://louisvillesportslive.net/the-cleveland-browns-shouldnt-be-surprised-nobody-wants-to-play-for-them/

The top 5 least desirable teams to play according to current players.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/08/25/the-5-least-desirable-teams-to-play-for-in-nfl/

Didn't read it. I suppose the reason Green Bay is on the list is due to the combination of the weather and that it is an unhip boring cowtown.

Well, this is just simple: These are simply the teams that have not played well lately, or are perceived to play in bad weather. When you get that combination, you get this situation.

I mean, it is fair to say that a lot of these players are big pussies about weather apparently. If Pittsburgh were losing they would be on this list too. They don't like Green Bay for the weather, plus the perception that it is just small town America, which it is. Let's face it....in some respect it is reverse racism. Black players think that there are only white people in Green Bay (and they are probably right)...and that there is nowhere to go for the rap club scene. (again, maybe correct)

If the Browns were winning titles, none of this would matter.

In about a year, the Raiders and Jags could be very, very good teams. You would not see them on this list if they start winning.

Edit....and let's correct something else, here is a quote from that article:

There are too many bad issues with the organization, the weather sucks and it’s not that great of a town to live in. No wonder no one wants to play in Cleveland.

The ONLY thing accurate about this statement is the "bad issues with the organization".

The Weather here really does not suck any worse than in half the other towns in the league. Minn/GB/Chicago/Detroit/Buff/Cinci/Pitt/Philly/NYC/Boston/Balt. all have just as shitty weather.

And the fact is, Cleveland is a VERY good town to live in. I suspect this idiot of a writer has never spent more that a couple of days here. NO ONE, even those who have left ever said that Cleveland was a bad place to live.

In fact...in study of places to live, one organization took 12 factors about living conditions in various cities. Cleveland rated better than San Diego in 11 out of the 12 factors in the study. The only factor Cleveland lost was: winter weather.

No.....ALL the problems associated with playing for the Browns have been the instability of the franchise....nothing about anything else applies.

NONE of the Qb's in this draft were worth the first round. I dont care what you say, these guys are mediocre at best. Nice job falling into the tv hype that the other teams did. I expect better of you people that jumped on the Goff Wentz trains. You literally were brainwashed into thinking these guys will be allstars. Any other draft and these guys are 3rd rounders at best.

Not sure about the media hype. It happens every year that QB talent zooms up the draft boards. I did like both QBs. Wentz certainly has the arm, and the size. Let's just say if he had played a full three seasons at any SEC or Big 10 school, you would have heard comparisons to Andrew Luck.

Speaking of Luck, you may be right about the hype- nfl.com changed their ratings going from a 100 point scale to the 10 point scale scouts use. (anything 9 or above is considered "rare", be it talent level, or arm strength FWIW, Elway rated a 9 in that category) Ergo, I'd posit Luck's predraft 97 rating would translate to a 9.0+ on the current scale- a once in a lifetime player. Wentz, their highest rated QB was a 6.53- a full 4 notches below that lofty status. (Good NFL starter with Pro Bowl potential.)

^^^^^^

Great post!

yeah ok, put your money where your mouth is.

betcha both wentz and goff have a better career starting than anything the browns have drafted since couch.

Why would anyone want to play for the Browns unless they were overpaid? The cold hard fact is in the last 15 years they are the NFLs worst team.

Because they love football and they know that bad teams get better... and if you can help a struggling team become great, it can cement your legacy as a great player.

First and foremost the NFL is a business. When players say its not about the money it's all about the money. Although some factors could come into play. Throughout a career a player will come into contact with many in the biz including coaches and agents. If a player has a chance to hook up with a former teammate or coach it could be the deal breaker. Just a guess.

Because they love football and they know that bad teams get better... and if you can help a struggling team become great, it can cement your legacy as a great player.

Dude I need avatar check. Who? or send in the clowns? All Rookies are slotted. Goff can enjoy his dough but it's Cali, Fla. No State tax. Cost of NY not special either. Cory Coleman will gladly take his Cleveland Dough $$

Ur asking about my avatar? I'm guessing what you saw was just a pic of a character in a game I'm making. It's hard to tell really... idk? I signed up for this gravitar website so I could put a profile pic on a msg board somewhere else... I didn't realize it was going to change it here too

I'm sure that's what players tell themselves after being drafted by a bad team, or if they know it is inevitable they will be drafted by a bad team...but that does little to refute the rumblings going on out there that the Browns are not a favorable team to play for.

The second part of your comment is a reach. A player can become a legacy with or without helping his team achieve greatness. Barry Sanders comes to mind. I may be wrong but I don't think there ever was any one player that turned around a perennial loser. Football is the ultimate team sport.

Johnny Manziel was high profile and what did that get us? All this big talent from college that you keep talking about does not mean crap unless they can make the changes to become pro football players. Some have more potential than others; but, it still takes the right coaches to make it happen. We needed a real coaching staff and hopefully some consistency at it and we could turn it around. Now, we just need Haslam to not fire everyone next year or the year after that.

Stop and notice every team in the NFL that has a good starting qb right now. What else do all of them have in common?

They have a good solid front office. When I first came to this board I preached about change in the FO but was totally unaware that you all have been thru this many times. My bad. Also when I first came aboard I wondered why JM wasn't starting and the Browns were making a huge misstake. My bad wrong about that one.

But one thing I will stand by is continuity in the decision makers. If a turnstile is waiting outside the office doors what's the use. Jimmy H. has a business that's based on turnover. Yes beyond management it's turnover at Pilot. If you work for Pilot for a long time and don't get moved up its because you're a fucking dolt or its because you want to make a low wage.

Jimmy is has to treat the Browns like an NFL team instead of a truckstop. Because right now trucks come and go like his appointed staff.

Only a buffoon closes his ears to the voices of others. Now, one cannot change the course of his ship every time a cross breeze props up. However, for many, many years, Cleveland has been the recipient of more negative comments than any city in the US. Athletes, performers, politicians and media members have continually cast negative comments toward the city of Cleveland.

Now, you and I are obviously different. In my world, if people complain about the product of service I offer, I don't shut my ears like a pompous buffoon and convince myself ' they must be assholes, I am really cool, so I can just keep doing what I am doing". You would seem to be that kind of a self-absorbed, immature jackoff.

No, blowjobs like you can come in here and pass yourselves off like educated, football know-it-alls, BUT, the fact remains, Cleveland football does NOT attract top FA's and whether you like it or not............. for 16 years now has been able to deliver NOTHING more than.......... "Ooh, I like this FO, they get it, we are finally on the right track.

Regardless if Goff's Father is a jackoff, when top draft picks express relief over not going to Cleveland, EVEN IF THE NEGATIVITY IS PERCEIVED, it is not good for the city, and smart leaders would have long ago figured it out and turned it around.

Don't come in here pretending to have wisdom, you fucking unaccomplished cunt. Shut your blowjob-giving mouth and learn something. Now go brush your semen-stained teeth.

Aww, sensitive baby boy! Did the big bad man say things you don't like again?

In your world, you're always wrong. Keep the insults flowing - they're all you've ever had either personally or professionally.

The only thing Cleveland needs to do is win. That's the only thing they've ever needed to do.

Mike, this is 100% true, but it is also true that most of these fucking kids want media perks, movie star and music star encounters. They come to Cleveland, they see their classmates winning games, getting interviewed, going to the playoffs, etc... they fucking wind up hating Cleveland by week 8.

There are a lot really dumb mother fuckers on this board who think all these young guys are going to come here with a clear understanding of how important it is to restore the Browns fine heritage and hang in while the team builds for that magical day in the future when some shit, I don't know what, is going to happen out of thin air. The reality is, these kids today as social media whores. They are dumb fucks. Most people under 30 are part of the dumbest fucking generation of all time.

What they did in the draft? They could have gotten all of that shit from FA and walk on players. How the fuck you can draft at #2 and come away with shit is beyond me.

Regarding the draft- we'll see Tom. Browns went with the philosophy if 1\2 of the players you pick with 7 choices turn out good, you have 3 players. 1\2 of 12 is 6. I'm not saying Kessler (or any of the others) are going to turn out as studs- Russell Wilson and Joe Montana got picked in the third round like Cody. Don't forget your big dumb linemen get found anywhere in the draft.

Regarding the guys getting drafted today? Modell left town in 1995- 21 years ago. Most of these kids are around 21- so all they've ever seen is unrelenting crap football out of the Browns. To them the days of Jim Brown are about as relevant as Bronco Nagurski and Curly Lambeau are to our Social Security generation.

yeah ok, put your money where your mouth is.

betcha both wentz and goff have a better career starting than anything the browns have drafted since couch.

So, you are saying that their careers will NOT be as good as Tim Couch's?

Mike, this is 100% true, but it is also true that most of these fucking kids want media perks, movie star and music star encounters. They come to Cleveland, they see their classmates winning games, getting interviewed, going to the playoffs, etc... they fucking wind up hating Cleveland by week 8.

There are a lot really dumb mother fuckers on this board who think all these young guys are going to come here with a clear understanding of how important it is to restore the Browns fine heritage and hang in while the team builds for that magical day in the future when some shit, I don't know what, is going to happen out of thin air. The reality is, these kids today as social media whores. They are dumb fucks. Most people under 30 are part of the dumbest fucking generation of all time.

Expecting to build an army of drones and then bring in the big play talent to solidify the team simply does not happen in these times. Kids want instand gratification.

If I was Haslam, I would have drafted a QB at #2, traded Joe Thomas and #32 or what it would take, to move up and get Doctson. Then I would have traded next year's 1st and 2nd rounder to get Bosa. Now, you have three stars, 3 guys that are going to bring media attention, sizzle, and make people interested in Cleveland.

What they did in the draft? They could have gotten all of that shit from FA and walk on players. How the fuck you can draft at #2 and come away with shit is beyond me.

Ghoolie.....who really cares what these players think? They are playing football in the NFL. For every 1 single NFL player, there are 99 others out there who would like to take his job....regardless of where they play.

A very, very few ever get to the point that as a free agent they get to choose where they will play. One percent of college players get to play in the NFL (if that). 75-80% of those that do come to play do not hang around til their 4th or 5th year to make it to free agency. And of those that do 98.6% choose to leave their current team because someone else granted them more money.

So.... .0025% of football players become free agents. Meaning that 0.00035% of people that play football may actually elect to play in a location because of their choice of lifestyle.

I am not worried about those people.

I could care less if the players get our past or not.. If they do , great. If not.. No biggie.. You sign an NFL contract.. Your obligated to do the best you can with the God given talent they embody, while adhering to the length of contract for said time of tenure.

Ghoolie.....who really cares what these players think? They are playing football in the NFL. For every 1 single NFL player, there are 99 others out there who would like to take his job....regardless of where they play.

A very, very few ever get to the point that as a free agent they get to choose where they will play. One percent of college players get to play in the NFL (if that). 75-80% of those that do come to play do not hang around til their 4th or 5th year to make it to free agency. And of those that do 98.6% choose to leave their current team because someone else granted them more money.

So.... .0025% of football players become free agents. Meaning that 0.00035% of people that play football may actually elect to play in a location because of their choice of lifestyle.

I am not worried about those people.

The problem with this is that the .00035% are the elite players it takes to win in the NFL.

Dude I need avatar check. Who? or send in the clowns? All Rookies are slotted. Goff can enjoy his dough but it's Cali, Fla. No State tax. Cost of NY not special either. Cory Coleman will gladly take his Cleveland Dough $$

If Coleman is smart he will own a home in Texas and keep it as his home state for tax purposes. No income tax, but he better own a low $ home because property taxes are horrible unless you get it declared agricultural. If he owns the chickens that did the draft picks that might qualify.

Here's a player that didn't want to play for the Steelers. Depressed being drafted by the Steelers. Held out as a rookie. He talks about the time he was so frustrated he emptied his locker and walked out.

You'll enjoy the scene where a bunch of Brown players beat him up. LOL

Here's a player that didn't want to play for the Steelers. Depressed being drafted by the Steelers. Held out as a rookie. He talks about the time he was so frustrated he emptied his locker and walked out.

You'll enjoy the scene where a bunch of Brown players beat him up. LOL

Right, there is a perfect example. The Steelers were the shit team of shit teams. Never won shit in their history.

But, a few guys come in.....like Joe Greene, and turn things all around.

These guys that may complain because they are drafted by bad teams have to look at him as an example. It is YOUR responsibility, Mr. High draft pick, to be instrumental in turning a bad team into a good team.

Archived