THE BROWNS BOARD

So You're Saying There's a BETTER Chance...

Tour2ma

No. There are going to be blowouts. Lots of them. Doesn't matter.

I agree, I've prepared myself for that because hey, it's our 100th coach in 17 years. I am not going to delude myself into some unrealistic expectations and then scream for the coach's head when the team doesn't meet them.

I can already see the sputtering mid season rage coming from some people. I'm trying to head that off at the pass now

I expect us to win each and every game. To be competitive and aggressive. To chase victory until the whistle blows. 16-0 is what I'm expecting. If we go 0-16(though I don't see that), so what, there is always next year. But until we're mathematically eliminated from the Playoffs, we're going to make it there and when we do, look out! Because we're hungry and have been called to greatness.

Before the draft, I was thinking this looked like a 2 or 3 win team. After the draft though, it wouldn't be overly surprising for me to see them at five or six wins.

The big thing (much more improtant than record) is that we see direction and progress. That's what I'm looking forward to the most.

Because most fans are dumb like you. If that 2-14 season was contested, than it's building. If they were blowouts...than it might be time to look at another redo cause you may not have the pieces you thought you had.

You're about the most stupid mother fucker in this entire forum.

I doubt most fans agree that being 0-16 to 2-14 is seeing a foundation of something, other than shit.

Yea, I guess this is where I am too, that may be why I'm a little more optimistic that most/some. Teams going from shitty to at least competitive in only 1 off season seems like the new norm now, and if we can keep RG3 healthy all year, which would mean he plays all year, then we should be scoring points and that alone gives us a decent shot on any Sunday.

Before the draft, I was thinking this looked like a 2 or 3 win team. After the draft though, it wouldn't be overly surprising for me to see them at five or six wins.

Ok let's just address the defensive side of the ball. Do the additions of ogbah, nassib and wright give you some notion that we'll be stopping the run better this coming year? If so how?

The only guy I can see having some effect is scoob if he gets on the field a lot toward the end of the season. But our edge play is going to be almost exactly the same. We have not added anyone in the draft that was a reknowned run stopper on the edge. And frankly without that, the inside run d suffers so scoob wouldn't matter.

The only potential immediate bright spot on the lb'ing Corp is orchard. Please let's not expect scoob to come out and blow us all away. Kids got as much work as anybody ahead of him

How?

You said:

"If they were blowouts...than it might be time to look at another redo cause you may not have the pieces you thought you had."

I said there will be blowouts.

Then you said you agree.

No, am saying there's more hope in Sashi & Hue than Farmer & Pettine, but Haslem still owns a live trigger. And Oh Yea a QB that can't hang in the pocket but who has & survived in Cleveland. But this one not a drunk, just got 2 glass knees. God save Cleveland & Hail the Queen!! Were DOOMED for now.. But the sky is not falling, GO CAVS!!

You said:

"If they were blowouts...than it might be time to look at another redo cause you may not have the pieces you thought you had."

I said there will be blowouts.

Then you said you agree.

no down the line in years 2 and 3, if the games aren't close and we're still only winning a couple against the worst teams in the NFL..than you hit the redo switch again with the players, not the coaches. Yes next year there's gonna be some bad like dungeon power gay shit happening down at First energy and it's not gonna be the Browns catching. Just the way it's gonna have to be for a year or two.

Because most fans are dumb like you. If that 2-14 season was contested, than it's building. If they were blowouts...than it might be time to look at another redo cause you may not have the pieces you thought you had.

First you have to learn to win on the road along with winning the close games.

2 - 14 is possible IF RG3 gets fucked up early on.

Also possible if he does not...

First you have to learn to win on the road along with winning the close games.

And at home...

New systems on both sides of the ball... significant turnover of players... new personnel selecting players in a new way that even they are not sure of.

The key for 2016 is signs of improvement... in the culture... in the play... not in the W/L. There will be moral victories.

Until the feedback loop that the coming season will be is established, then the model is incomplete.

Also possible if he does not...

And at home...

New systems on both sides of the ball... significant turnover of players... new personnel selecting players in a new way that even they are not sure of.

The key for 2016 is signs of improvement... in the culture... in the play... not in the W/L. There will be moral victories.

Until the feedback loop that the coming season will be is established, then the model is incomplete.

I disagree. From a quote from pooch belly Parcells, "you are what your record is".

2017 picks will be traded to amass additional picks in 2018 and 2019.Strategy applauded in forum.

Analytics I guess. It apparently says "there is quality in numbers". We did have 14 picks this year where normally we would only have had 7. I guess the theory is: "If we only hit on half the players we draft....then it is better to have more picks. Out of 14 they may be thinking we can get 7 decent players, but if we only have 7 picks, we would only get 3-4 decent player. With this strategy then eventually we will have enough decent players to make a decent team.

Fair to say?

Of course the key it to hit on the players. You can't have 6 straight 1st round picks be shizer.

2017 picks will be traded to amass additional picks in 2018 and 2019.Strategy applauded in forum.

If we end up with a top-15 pick from philly, and can parlay that once more in to another first round pick and a second round pick, and keep generating extra second round picks in perpetuity, then I'd say it's worth it.

It also means that you can keep picks in reserve for that one play that comes around every 10 years that is truly elite.

You're about the most stupid mother fucker in this entire forum.

Noooo not having that I would put my shite high school GPA up against anyone :)

That depends on one position's status after the 2016 season.

I disagree. From a quote from pooch belly Parcells, "you are what your record is".

In the sense of good, bad, etc., for the team, sure... but not a very useful measure for evaluation of groups/departments or individuals within the organization.

I believe (that does not mean it will happen) that we will have a better record than last year; simply because we have a better coaching staff that knows what they are doing compared to last year. Will we make the playoffs- I am not saying either way on that; but to think that we will do worse than last year is just hard to believe.

The first part of your sentence is your opinion...but no one is fooling themselves if they believe the browns can do it 4 you dickwad.

heh heh heh...if trump is our prez, we probably don't have 4 yrs left on this planet....and the rockets red glare, the missles flying in the air...heheee...if its hillary dillary, we have a shot.....

Hey buddy. I like reading your stuff. You obviously like the Browns. While I am an expert, your posts often fail to use punctuation, and you run one sentence or thought into another. THEN, when we call you a dumb fuck, we will actually understand what kind of stupid shit you are posting.

Hey, Goddess to all that speaks & punctuates. Am Gumby Damn It, I even come from Oregon, OH. Where I was awarded a full graduate degree of The Wizdumb of Clay H.S. Don't ax much out of a Claymation Graduate. You type with your stub & I will type with mine.. Na Nu Na Nu & Woof! Woof!

Archived