THE BROWNS BOARD

SCOOOOOOOOBYYYYYYY!

wargograw

sigh...guys, these picks need tons of work. Development that i have yet to see out of the Browns organization since....well....i dunno. Certainly not since they came back. Nassib, Ogbah and Wright are major projects. Of the 3 Nassib has imo the most immediately immediately transferable skillset but he's got to get "way" stronger if Horton plans on playing him between guard and tackle. Guys, Watt took a 2 or so years to fully develop and he look at where he was when he came out. Please don't start heaping these unrealistic expectations on these kids. Cause come the end of next year you'll all be likely trashing most of em and who knows, maybe some of these guys do peruse the Boards we don't know. It sucks. I have zero doubt it makes people not want to play in Cleveland...the pressure you guys put on every new player we get is unreal. I'm talking about Browns fans in general now not just the tits that come around this board...but you're all indicative of the same problem.

Let these kids develop as they may, if they don't we hold the FO responsible not the players. Cause players with less talent go to teams like NE and often end up perennial pro bowlers if not some of the best players to ever play their respective positions. Scoob will very likely be a special teamer for a couple years and that's fine as long as he's progressing at learning the ILB'er position. I don't necessarily want him at ILB'er next year for the same reason I wouldn't want a rookie QB in there. I'm very sure though that come about game 3 or 4 when our defense is sucking....per usual....you guys are gonna be screaming to throw the kids in there. And that's gonna do nothing but ruin em. They are NOT ready in any way shape or form to see anything more than spot duty on the field next year. You get out of position on an NFL field too much and you risk serious injury....do any of you want to see that?

^^^ This x1000.

The thing with drafting a ton of rookies is that it taxes the coaching staff - they have to spend more time coaching-up guys and that hampers the development of the scheme.

The inability of the former coaching staffs to develop the young Browns talent has always bothered me. A primary reason for this is the constant turnover of the coaching staff. Here's to the Hue regime and the hope that they get a fair shake - and several years - to turn this team around. Because that's what it will take.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the only pick that made me fist pump at home. Though had I known Nassib as well as I do now, I would have done it then too.

Nassib was the pick I was most excited for us to get. I discovered him when researching for the mock draft thread and thought how undervalued he was because there was no pre 2015 season knowledge about his potential. He came out of nowhere to win several very prestigious awards that he was on no ones list I could find to win before the season started. That is extremely unlikely to happen, but he did it.

Going to be awesome (better).

Ogbah/Orchard - Scooby/Davis - Kirksey/Schobert - Kruger/Mingo

Nassib/Cooper - Shelton/Meder - Bryant

Should (could) be a dominant front seven under Horton's scheme. (Hopefully they gel in week 5, Brady's return lol).

I'm looking forward to this season, as usual. It may not be pretty at times, but we won't be the 1976 Buccaneers, or the 1999 Browns.

Keep the faith guys. Will Haslam?

sigh...guys, these picks need tons of work. Development that i have yet to see out of the Browns organization since....well....i dunno

All picks do. Each and every single pick made by every team......... Just because 'Bill Smith' was rated by a bunch of media gurus as the best player in the draft and the guy who is most NFL ready, and then talked about for months ad nauseum, doesn't make it true. Bill will still need tons of work to excel at the highest level the game is played.

The Browns obviously stuck to their board and that's what I want out of the Browns.

All picks do. Each and every single pick made by every team......... Just because 'Bill Smith' was rated by a bunch of media gurus as the best player in the draft and the guy who is most NFL ready, and then talked about it for months ad nauseum, doesn't make it true. Bill will still need tons of work to excel at the highest level the game is played.

The Browns obviously stuck to their board and that's what I want out of the Browns.

I agree. I just see unrestrained fanboy'ism that I don't think is constructive. We do this every year. OMg omg Nassibs gonna start and lead the league in sacks and someone else has already anointed Scooby the white Burfict. I mean pump the brakes guys. I hate getting all high on players and when they don't meet those unrealistic expectations we start calling for their jobs.

Once they've been given development time and still are't improving, like Mingo, than we can call for them to gtfo.

I agree. I just see unrestrained fanboy'ism that I don't think is constructive. We do this every year. OMg omg Nassibs gonna start and lead the league in sacks and someone else has already anointed Scooby the white Burfict. I mean pump the brakes guys. I hate getting all high on players and when they don't meet those unrealistic expectations we start calling for their jobs.

Once they've been given development time and still are't improving, like Mingo, than we can call for them to gtfo.

Agree!

1. sigh...guys, these picks need tons of work.
  2. Development that i have yet to see out of the Browns organization since....well....i dunno.

1. Who has a higher ceiling? Bosa or Ogbah?

2. Since we installed a revolving door on the HC's office? The GM's? Both?

Good question. My guess is they both have vaulted ceilings if they're predominantly in a 3 point stance doing what they're wired to do. When Wade Phillips got JJ Watt, he had a choice of turning a serial QB killer loose or holding him hostage to a 2 point stance worrying more about ghost-towning a coverage zone than hurrying a passer. He chose what the guy was wired to do best and we know the rest.

Another guy that looks like he's just starting to tap his assets is Nassib. He kind of reminds me of Cameron Wake in the sense of better late than never. Come to think of it, I don't think Wake woke before he left Penn State. He found his groove a couple years later and ranked with the elite NFL edge rushers at sacking the QB.

To hell with what anyone thinks about our players. Scooby Wright is the epitome of my signature. It's not the size of the dawg in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dawg. This goes for Coleman as well. Maybe even Kessler. And even Nassib, for even though he's big as shit, it's his fight that separates him from the pack. I want a team of passionate grinders. I don't care about the pretty numbers... All I care about is when the game is on the line that you leave it all on the field, sell out and go all in for victory.

I don't care how long it takes. I STILL believe in Mingo and Gilbert. If you are a brown you have my support. That's the way it is for every Cleveland Browns Fan. I think that is why so many people had a problem with Bowe and Manziel, they didn't go all in for us like we do for them. With the guys we just drafted, I see the drive and the want to be great. Scooby is just the most obvious, he wears his heart and his breakfast on his sleeve and I admire that about him. These guys are not robots, as much as we wish them to be. And there is no reason, other than doubt or disbelief, that they can't all earn accolades, respect and be featured in highlight reels for the ages. That's why every season we're going to go 16-0 and we're winning the Superbowl.

To hell with what anyone thinks about our players. Scooby Wright is the epitome of my signature. It's not the size of the dawg in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dawg. This goes for Coleman as well. Maybe even Kessler. And even Nassib, for even though he's big as shit, it's his fight that separates him from the pack. I want a team of passionate grinders. I don't care about the pretty numbers... All I care about is when the game is on the line that you leave it all on the field, sell out and go all in for victory.

I don't care how long it takes. I STILL believe in Mingo and Gilbert. If you are a brown you have my support. That's the way it is for every Cleveland Browns Fan. I think that is why so many people had a problem with Bowe and Manziel, they didn't go all in for us like we do for them. With the guys we just drafted, I see the drive and the want to be great. Scooby is just the most obvious, he wears his heart and his breakfast on his sleeve and I admire that about him. These guys are not robots, as much as we wish them to be. And there is no reason, other than doubt or disbelief, that they can't all earn accolades, respect and be featured in highlight reels for the ages. That's why every season we're going to go 16-0 and we're winning the Superbowl.

fucking A.

Well Burfict's not that good so it's not really that unrealistic.

I don't even know what to say to this. Burfict is perfection. He's everything I've ever dreamed of calling out alignments behind a Browns d line. His only imperfection is that he wears a Bengals Uni.

Do we need to pull up bengals steelers highlights from last years playoffs? Oh and name the Browns player that started a pre game brawl with James Harrison. Name me that Browns player, I'm working out right now but I'll be anxiously checking in every few minutes.

With Harrison? I remember William Green getting into it with Joey Porter in pre-game once.

With Harrison? I remember William Green getting into it with Joey Porter in pre-game once.

Ur not comparing porter to Harrison are u? Porter was a good lb'er don't get me wrong...... But Harrison was the hockey enforcer. People were more afraid of him than they were of Ray Lewis. Not because he was necessarily a better lb'er but because he was widely considered one of the if not the strongest men in football. Ray was a better overall player but Harrison could end ur career.

I don't even know what to say to this. Burfict is perfection. He's everything I've ever dreamed of calling out alignments behind a Browns d line. His only imperfection is that he wears a Bengals Uni.

Do we need to pull up bengals steelers highlights from last years playoffs? Oh and name the Browns player that started a pre game brawl with James Harrison. Name me that Browns player, I'm working out right now but I'll be anxiously checking in every few minutes.

I love his attitude and he's pretty good, he's just not elite. Sccobie's got the attitude. I think he'll be pretty good.

Ur not comparing porter to Harrison are u? Porter was a good lb'er don't get me wrong...... But Harrison was the hockey enforcer. People were more afraid of him than they were of Ray Lewis. Not because he was necessarily a better lb'er but because he was widely considered one of the if not the strongest men in football. Ray was a better overall player but Harrison could end ur career.

Not at all... you asked a question and I answered it.

Porter and Green fought pre-game 10 years or so ago and were both ejected from a game that had not yet started.

Harrison would have made a great Broad Street Bully back in the day... but on skates I'd still take Dave "The Hammer' Schultz.

2. Since we installed a revolving door on the HC's office? The GM's? Both?

They'll be playing two different positions.

Whom will go in day one and have more of an impact? Joey and it really won't be that close.

Fair enough... although I could argue ceilings are still comparable.

Higher ceiling? Bosa or Nassib?

People have suggested that Bosa has hit his ceiling, while Nassib has just started scratching the surface. That being said, I don't think anybody would argue that Bosa is the better player by some distance right now, and there's a distinct possibility that Nassib never even reaches that level.

Both somewhat physically limited as edge rushers, in terms of 'quick twitch' ability, Bosa has basically maximised everything. If Nassib reaches that level, I'll be happy.

People have suggested that Bosa has hit his ceiling, while Nassib has just started scratching the surface. That being said, I don't think anybody would argue that Bosa is the better player by some distance right now, and there's a distinct possibility that Nassib never even reaches that level.

Both somewhat physically limited as edge rushers, in terms of 'quick twitch' ability, Bosa has basically maximised everything. If Nassib reaches that level, I'll be happy.

No, don't think so. Let's put it this way: I hope Bosa works out simply because I would much rather see the San Diego Chargers be a good team than the likes of shitbag teams like the Steelers/Ravens/Patriots/Broncos who you can shove up your ass if you like those guys.

No, don't think so. Let's put it this way: I hope Bosa works out simply because I would much rather see the San Diego Chargers be a good team than the likes of shitbag teams like the Steelers/Ravens/Patriots/Broncos who you can shove up your ass if you like those guys.

I agree with that, but what do your hopes and wishes have to do with reality?

I agree with that, but what do your hopes and wishes have to do with reality?

Not a thing obviously. I had hoped and wished that the Browns would have won about 10 Super Bowls by now.......how have those hopes and wishes turned out? Oi

41405302.jpg

I'd quite like to see the Jags kick on and dominate this year. They've turned that team around really well and added a whole lot of talent. This year alone they've picked up Gipson from us, Malik Jackson, Prince Amukamara, plus Jalen Ramsey, Myles Jack, plus Sheldon Day and Yannick Ngakoue later on, and they get Dante Fowler back from injury, to add to the guys they already had.

I'd quite like to see the Jags kick on and dominate this year. They've turned that team around really well and added a whole lot of talent. This year alone they've picked up Gipson from us, Malik Jackson, Prince Amukamara, plus Jalen Ramsey, Myles Jack, plus Sheldon Day and Yannick Ngakoue later on, and they get Dante Fowler back from injury, to add to the guys they already had.

Well, they are after all, "London's Team". They give up a home game to play there each year. You are also going to get the Rams for the next couple of years, because their new stadium won't be ready for a while....and the fewer games that are played in the old LA Coliseum, the better.

Also, the Raiders with their bad stadium situation are giving up a home game to play in Mexico City.

Did you mean to say "Bosa is the better player right now by some distance"? Aka higher floor?

Similar to the Goff-Wentz debate, but this time I'm taking the as of now lesser player. Even though...

Of course those people would be the ones who didn't draft him and Penn State fans who don't care about Ohio State.

... I don't qualify by either criteria.

Become a Jags fan then. I could give a shit less.

Archived