THE BROWNS BOARD

SCOOOOOOOOBYYYYYYY!

wargograw

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

scoob's gonna be on special teams this year, you guys understand that right? Maybe the year after as well. I hope he elevates to at least 2nd string status in shorter time than Tank but we'll see. Scoob's got some work ahead of him...alot of work.

Nah. He'll be starting by the end of 2016. Book it. Make it your signature. Whatever. Kid's a baller.

Nah. He'll be starting by the end of 2016. Book it. Make it your signature. Whatever. Kid's a baller.

My man crush for scooby is well documented as well. A classic exampl of a guy who does everything right but nothing elite. Those guys are the ones who end up as killer ILBs. Im not kidding when I say this is my favorite pick of the draft.

My man crush for scooby is well documented as well. A classic exampl of a guy who does everything right but nothing elite. Those guys are the ones who end up as killer ILBs. Im not kidding when I say this is my favorite pick of the draft.

He will have a chip on his shoulder for sure. If he can stay healthy with his reckless abanonment, the sky is the limit for this kid. As for an ILB, we are not that great, so its not like he has to do that much.

I like this pick.....especially in the 7th......if nothing else, this kid brings the right mentality...and, if he's healthy, he will be a huge upgrade over Carder...and, someday, could be a high motor starter.....

And.....with a name like Scooby, he is destined to be the PERFECT middle backer for the dawgs!

I can already picture the milkbones raining down from the Dawg pound.....except now they'll be Scooby snacks!

Two different tweets:

Cbs: Scooby wright gets drafted celebrates by jumping fully clothed into pool

Factory of sadness: Scooby wright attempts to drown himself after hearing he's been drafted by browns

lol...

ArizWildcat123 coming soon.

double lol...

We now return you to your Scooby-fest...

The Legend of Scoobie Wright has already started.

The Browns drafted solid, playmaking FOOTBALL PLAYERS who

aren't dummies, who have the work ethic and love for the game,

and who will be a terrific addition to the lockerroom, and the community.

Really nice draft. This should really be great fun to watch it all play out.

http://allsportstucson.com/2014/12/12/arizona-wildcats-linebacker-scooby-wright-most-decorated-football-player-in-school-history/

ScoobyWright7.jpgForget about Scooby Snacks. This is a Scooby Smorgasbord.

In a span of four days, Scooby Wright IIIcaptured one-third of all individual national honors achieved by Arizona Wildcats football players in the history of the program.

Since Darryll Lewis won the first Arizona national honor in 1990 with the Jim Thorpe Award, the Wildcats have taken home nine national trophies at the end of a season. Wright has three of them following last night’s Chuck Bednarik Award which goes to the top defensive player in the nation.

He earned the Bronko Nagurksi Award for the nation’s top defensive player Monday and the Rotary Lombardi Award for the top lineman/linebacker in the country on Wednesday.

“I’m so ready to get back to work,” Wrighttold Daniel Berk of The Arizona Daily Star. “It’s been a fun week, but now it’s time to get back on the field, and I’m definitely ready.

The only defensive honor that escaped Wright was the Butkus Award that is given to the nation’s top linebacker. Wright was not one of the five finalists for that award, which went to UCLA’s Eric Kendricks.

The Butkus Award Web site states its selection committee was “comprised of football coaches, recruiters, talent scouts and journalists who study football talent yearlong.” That’s fodder for Two-Star Scoob, as he is calls himself on his Twitter account (@TwoStarScoob), to prove more people wrong heading into the Fiesta Bowl against Boise State and beyond.

Wright’s snub by major colleges coming out of high school in Windsor, Calif., is well documented. Imagine what the Cal coach feels like who told Wright he would be better off playing at Sacramento State than with the Golden Bears. The Butkus Award organizers can relate.

“Scooby is kind of a neat story,” Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez said earlier this week. “(He is) a guy that plays extremely hard, loves football. He’s a strong guy with a relentless motor. He’s got good numbers because he never comes off the field. Put him at defensive end, linebacker, plays really well.”

One strong believer is former ASU quarterback Jake Plummer, who heaped praise on Wright and Arizona redshirt freshnan quarterback Anu Solomon most of the season as a Pac-12 Networks studio analyst.

“You can’t help but love watching Scooby Wright play, whether you’re a Sun Devil or not,” Plummer said on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM on Tuesday. “If you’re a football fan, get over your hatred for the Wildcats and watch this cat play. He’s amazing.

“I find myself watching him during the whole game because the dude’s just reckless and crazy. He reminds me of Pat Tillman, a guy that played recklessly. AndScott Von der Ahe; guys on our team that were just badasses, that played hard.”

Wright has 153 tackles, including 28 for loss and 14 sacks. He also has forced six fumbles. He is one tackle-for-loss shy of earning another achievement, tying the school record set by Tom Nelson in 1968. His sacks rank third behind Tedy Bruschi’s19 in 1993 and 14.5 in 1995.

“You can’t help but love watching Scooby Wright play, whether you’re a Sun Devil or not. If you’re a football fan, get over your hatred for the Wildcats and watch this cat play. He’s amazing. I find myself watching him during the whole game because the dude’s just reckless and crazy. He reminds me of
Pat Tillman
, a guy that played recklessly.”

— Former ASU quarterback Jake Plummer

Bruschi is one of four Arizona defenders in the College Football Hall of Fame. The other three are WildDawg football immortals Ricky Hunley, Chuck Cecil and Rob Waldrop.

Before Wright won the three trophies this week, Waldrop was the first and only Arizona player with more than one in a season — in 1993 with the Bronko Nagurski and Outland trophies. Hunley, Cecil and Bruschi did not win a national award.

When factoring all of the most accomplished Arizona’s sports figures, Wright is the football program’s most decorated player in its history and he belongs among the athletic department’s elite with three or more national honors. He is the only football player with three national awards, and he’s only a sophomore.

The only other athletes with three or more national honors include men’s basketball players Sean Elliott and Jason Terry. Elliott took home at least five distinguished national honors in 1988-89, including the John R. Wooden Award. Terry won three in 1998-99, including the Sports Illustrated Player of the Year honor.

If Wright has similar national-honor production next year, he can surpass Elliott as the most decorated athlete to wear the Arizona uniform, especially over a two-year period.

ARIZONA INDIVIDUAL NATIONAL AWARDS

Year Name Sport Award 2014 Scooby Wright Football Chuck Bednarik Award/Rotary Lombardi Award/Bronko Nagurkski Award

ScoobyDoo.jpg

The wife, of course a panthers fan has come to the option that we won't get any better drafting Bachelor(ettes) that look like Chris Soles.. Just more proof I love my wife :D

Relax guys, we didn't find the next kuechly in the 7th round

Would be cool if he was though. I think we found the 1st Scooby Wright. the rest will be written soon enough.

Going to be awesome.

Ogbah/Orchard - Scooby/Davis - Kirksey/Schobert - Kruger/Mingo

Nassib/Cooper - Shelton/Meder - Bryant

Should be a dominant front seven under Horton's scheme.

sigh...guys, these picks need tons of work. Development that i have yet to see out of the Browns organization since....well....i dunno. Certainly not since they came back. Nassib, Ogbah and Wright are major projects. Of the 3 Nassib has imo the most immediately immediately transferable skillset but he's got to get "way" stronger if Horton plans on playing him between guard and tackle. Guys, Watt took a 2 or so years to fully develop and he look at where he was when he came out. Please don't start heaping these unrealistic expectations on these kids. Cause come the end of next year you'll all be likely trashing most of em and who knows, maybe some of these guys do peruse the Boards we don't know. It sucks. I have zero doubt it makes people not want to play in Cleveland...the pressure you guys put on every new player we get is unreal. I'm talking about Browns fans in general now not just the tits that come around this board...but you're all indicative of the same problem.

Let these kids develop as they may, if they don't we hold the FO responsible not the players. Cause players with less talent go to teams like NE and often end up perennial pro bowlers if not some of the best players to ever play their respective positions. Scoob will very likely be a special teamer for a couple years and that's fine as long as he's progressing at learning the ILB'er position. I don't necessarily want him at ILB'er next year for the same reason I wouldn't want a rookie QB in there. I'm very sure though that come about game 3 or 4 when our defense is sucking....per usual....you guys are gonna be screaming to throw the kids in there. And that's gonna do nothing but ruin em. They are NOT ready in any way shape or form to see anything more than spot duty on the field next year. You get out of position on an NFL field too much and you risk serious injury....do any of you want to see that?

Fuck I like that. If nothing else, it's going to be fun to watch.

i can assure you that the Cleveland Browns defense next year will be many things but "fun" will be a word not even remotely mentioned when we talk about this defense next year. There will be words alright...but it ain't gonna be fun.

And that's ok, it's the way it's supposed to be when you're rebuilding. We picked up a bunch of stop gap guys that can mimick pro football players well enough so that the new kids we acquire have time to develop. This is how rebuilding works. You pick up cheap journeyman while you grow a new gen of players. This is a 4-5 year plan.

So the knock against this kid is injuries, right? Anything else make him special?

WSS

He's a warrior. They say he reads the run better than practically anyone in college, and we need that. Can he read nfl run schemes? Who knows. Then they also say he's real strong and can shed some of the biggest lineman, which we also lack.....but then they say his lower body isn't yet strong enough. Having played I know ur power comes from the ground up so I really don't know what to make of some of these people who write this shit.

Bottom line its low risk 7th round crap shoot. I'm fine with it so long as we don't ecpect too much too soon. I would love to still have DQ here teaching this kid. Dansby wasn't the guy to pass nothin on, we really fucked up letting DQ go and kirkseys relative lack of progression imo is the direct result of letting a guy like DQ walk

i can assure you that the Cleveland Browns defense next year will be many things but "fun" will be a word not even remotely mentioned when we talk about this defense next year. There will be words alright...but it ain't gonna be fun.

And that's ok, it's the way it's supposed to be when you're rebuilding. We picked up a bunch of stop gap guys that can mimick pro football players well enough so that the new kids we acquire have time to develop. This is how rebuilding works. You pick up cheap journeyman while you grow a new gen of players. This is a 4-5 year plan.

Win or lose, it's fun to me to watch good young talent progress in the pros. Many of the guys drafted this year will be playing and there seems to be consistency in the types of players they are.

Never seen guys give each other this much oral over a 7th rounder

Never seen a guy with this kind of production fall to the 7th round....

Dat Nguyen was the same size with worse numbers and he went in the 3rd.

Relax guys, we didn't find the next kuechly in the 7th round

No, we found the white Burfict. And IIRC you're with me in that you love that. This kid's a thug on the field.

Archived