THE BROWNS BOARD

Kessler

PoeticG

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just accept that you don't know what our needs are. Not like the coaching staff does.

Don't ya know that most forum members know the team's needs better than the coaches do, they know the prospective players better than the coaches do, and they already know just how good or bad a drafted player is going to be, by being able to see into the future.

The board is loaded with gurus.............. Just ask 'em.

I'm pretty sure it was not a surprise that mack walked

Correct,it wasn't. As it stands Erving is our center by default either way. With such a poor outing his rookie season it Would not surprise me if he's suplanted in camp by either Greco on a position switch or a late round pick.

Well it's Hue's ass on the line. And as usual for every new coach it's the first QB he takes that determines his fate.http://sports.yahoo.com/news/browns-stay-no-32-select-oklahoma-states-ogbah-233025962--nfl.html

''Trust me on this one,'' Jackson said late Friday

Sorry Hue- I don't. If you had taken him with one of the compensatory 5ths, I wouldn't be 1\2 as POed.

From WalterFootball:

93. Cody Kessler, QB, USC D Grade

The good news is that the Browns traded down for this pick. The bad news is that they used this pick on a horrible quarterback prospect. Cody Kessler is a small signal-caller with a weak arm. He could be a nice backup in the NFL, but I don't see how Cleveland could ever envision him as a starter. The Browns told Robert Griffin that he'd have to compete with a young quarterback. The only way he'll ever lose to Kessler is if he shows up both drunk and high to practice every day, and even then, it'll be close.

Yes Walter- I know- the issue I have is we already have three backup quarterbacks on the roster, and I don't see this guy as being an upgrade over any of them. IIRC, Colt McCoy had an extremely high completion % in college too.

If you have 60+% of the forum agreeing with you then it's OK to post Walter football pieces. If not, then Fuck Walter football. You can post stuff from blogs that came from the bowels of the internet if you 80%+ agreement on a particular subject and it's considered gospel.

Fuck kessler he's a reach for a guy that won't see anything more than the practice squad.is he able to beat out the 4 we currently have on our roster?

See above.

Matt Leinert, Mark Sanchez, Matt Barkley and Kessler; Wasted Pick

There's a trend Opal. :) One of the reasons I was against Brady Quinn. Other than Montana, not much to show there.

So far, Ogbah looks and sounds like he's the happiest to be a Brown, with Cody a close 2nd.......... Nassib looks like he's in time-out.

I'm not thrilled with this pick, but I see why they took him. Hue values accuracy above all else, and this guy has it in spades. Does he have a big arm? Uh...no. He has in fact the noodle arm extraordinaire. But Dalton never had a huge arm, and we saw the results. Kessler also played in pro style offense, so that will help too. Did I like the pick? No...I didn't. I wanted Cook, and I thought it was an easy choice. Especially WHERE we could've gotten him. Hue Jackson wants everyone to trust him, but he hasn't yet earned that trust from a fan base that has heard promises from just about everyone. This pick tells me our coaches have way more faith in RG III than others do, and that's fine. What we don't know about RG III is whether he can drop back, read a field, and fire the ball to the open guy. Can he accurately fire the ball to a wr off a read option fake? Hell yes he can, and he throws a tight beebee spiral too. But surveying the field under pressure is a different ball game.

If this was Hue Jackson's first rodeo, then I might be a bit more skeptical; but, he has done well with QBs on a pretty consistent basis. I may not have thought of the pick as a good one but then I am not running the team and I don't know what is best for Hue Jackson's system like Hue does. I guess I will wait and see.

Regardless of what anyone thinks, its clear that Cody Kessler is gonna compete for the starting job, and thats not just coach talk. Did you guys here what Hue and Sashi said? I'd say there's a 20% chance its Kessler day 1, 80% its Griffin.

And I think when it's all said and done Kessler will be much better than Griffin at staying in the pocket and diagnosing a defense..

I agree adoug but I doubt hue will throw kessler to the wolves this year. Rg3 is here to soak up the punishment and will basically be sacrificed to give hue's guy time to develop. Both griffin and mccown are expendable. I think the fans will end up baying for hue's blood by the end of this season because they're dumb but he's gonna stick to his guns and develop his guy and in the end I think kessler might be pretty decent. Not Peyton Manning by any stretch but pretty decent

After watching the press conference of those five guys, I have to say, Kessler really impressed me. You can see his leadership ability right off the bat, fielding 'general' questions and talking for the whole group. He may not end up be the starter any time soon, if at all, but he's certainly a good guy to have in the locker room, and won't let us down in a spot start.

I agree adoug but I doubt hue will throw kessler to the wolves this year. Rg3 is here to soak up the punishment and will basically be sacrificed to give hue's guy time to develop. Both griffin and mccown are expendable. I think the fans will end up baying for hue's blood by the end of this season because they're dumb but he's gonna stick to his guns and develop his guy and in the end I think kessler might be pretty decent. Not Peyton Manning by any stretch but pretty decent

If he is Chad Pennington good, I will take it. We dont need to throw the ball down the field 40 yards every play. We now have wr's who can catch a 5 yr out and take it to the house.

If he is Chad Pennington good, I will take it. We dont need to throw the ball down the field 4 yards every play. We now have wr's who can catch a 5 yr out and take it to the house.

You're a yard shy.... ;)

Nice first impression by all of our first five picks.

I disagree on Nassib. Struck me as an all-business kind of guy... not unlike a rookie JJ Watt. And I will try not to nauseate everyone with that premature comparison.

13131340_10154231290039684_5455113043969

great. we drafted a world party. 3 burnt match sticks with eyes, an arab and a jew. don't know if they'll put asses in the seats but the cafeteria will smell like holy hell cooking up lamb jowels and matzah ball soup each day.

"get your lamb jowel stew HERE!" how will they serve it? with or without explosives?

Oh... and as for Kessler.

Again, no issue with the pick of the player, it's where he was taken. But that's in the category of a personal problem. I've already begun the process of adjusting to the fact that with this FO we are going to see names:

• we either never heard of... or
  • never expected taken so early... or
  • both...

for as long as this FO is here.

May their reign be long because it would mean that they are doing their jobs well.

I really really hope Kessler becomes a pro bowl QB, just so I can watch everyone on this board say see I knew he was going to be good....GOD people on here just hammer everything the Browns do. I get it we have sucked for a long time. They piss me off just as much as the next guy, but come on. I do not know alot about Kessler. All I know is HUE is great with QBs so RG3 and all our Qbs will be better for it. AS for the Draft, I thought it was great draft for the Browns 14 picks- ALL POWER 5 CONFERENCE PICKS.

We will be drafting in the top 10 next yr again, plus how good will Philly and Tenn really be. So we added almost 19 new players from FA and draft and will more than likely have 2 top 10 picks next year. They blew it, and now rebuilding from the bottom.Unlike years past where they kept putting band aids on everything, and listening to the fans on Bullshit players everyone wanted. They had a plan and stuck to it!!!!! I do not know if this plan will work, but nothing else has. So Great Job Browns

I really really hope Kessler becomes a pro bowl QB, just so I can watch everyone on this board say see I knew he was going to be good....GOD people on here just hammer everything the Browns do. I get it we have sucked for a long time. They piss me off just as much as the next guy, but come on. I do not know alot about Kessler. All I know is HUE is great with QBs so RG3 and all our Qbs will be better for it. AS for the Draft, I thought it was great draft for the Browns 14 picks- ALL POWER 5 CONFERENCE PICKS.

We will be drafting in the top 10 next yr again, plus how good will Philly and Tenn really be. So we added almost 19 new players from FA and draft and will more than likely have 2 top 10 picks next year. They blew it, and now rebuilding from the bottom.Unlike years past where they kept putting band aids on everything, and listening to the fans on Bullshit players everyone wanted. They had a plan and stuck to it!!!!! I do not know if this plan will work, but nothing else has. So Great Job Browns

WOW a positive fan......we should have you stuffed and preserved :)

Which means, if Cincinnati is an example, his offense doesn't really need a Peyton Manning.

WSS

Re:Kessler. I've given my impressions of him.

That said, in an offense similar to Hue's the only way to keep from having safeties consistently attack forward is having a QB able to take those 5 & 7 step drops, then push the ball downfield.

I do trust Hue and his ability to coach and lead young men. However coaching and identifying talent do not necessarily go hand in hand.

Kessler is not what Dalton, RG3 or even Campbell were. This is unless of course Hue beleives he'll be able to get more mustard on Cody's throws via conditioning, release/throwing motion and improved footwork.

Oh... and as for Kessler.

Again, no issue with the pick of the player, it's where he was taken. But that's in the category of a personal problem. I've already begun the process of adjusting to the fact that with this FO we are going to see names:

• we either never heard of... or
  • never expected taken so early... or
  • both...

for as long as this FO is here.

May their reign be long because it would mean that they are doing their jobs well.

respect your opinion as usual but when Hack in a bag went to Jets in middle of 2nd the cat(Hack) was out of the bag. Pro style guy all along was going to be Hue's guy & not Cook. At least they decided to take Nassib at top of 3rd knowing they had found a trading partner in Carolina & Hue still got his man going down as far as possible imo. Of course it's always easier to put the blame on other moves but that's my story & am sticking to it. Make me feel a little better about it :huh:

Archived