THE BROWNS BOARD

Kessler

PoeticG

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could care less that Hue wanted a QB I did not...

Problem I have is that I can't find better than a 6th round grade on him... and we have two, R5 Comp's waiting for action. Maybe they are so high on him that those comps would be too risky... fine. We have a 5th at 141... or a R4 Comp. But a late 3rd? Not feeling that at all...

Their is a difference between bitching and critiquing you know...

Look, if you like a QB, you don't wait till you think he will go, you make sure you go and get him. Most people had Geoff rated as the 5th best player, went #1. Most had Wentz around 7-10, he went #2. Most people didn't have Lynch in the top 32, but he went #26. If you want a QB, if you think out of the bunch that is left he is the best, and you are looking to add one, then you are better off just adding him a round or two early.

From WalterFootball:

93. Cody Kessler, QB, USC D Grade
The good news is that the Browns traded down for this pick. The bad news is that they used this pick on a horrible quarterback prospect. Cody Kessler is a small signal-caller with a weak arm. He could be a nice backup in the NFL, but I don't see how Cleveland could ever envision him as a starter. The Browns told Robert Griffin that he'd have to compete with a young quarterback. The only way he'll ever lose to Kessler is if he shows up both drunk and high to practice every day, and even then, it'll be close.

Well, I understand how many people consider him a reach from all the media on him; but, that same media thought we were so smart for getting Manziel which means they are guessing as much as the next person. Hue has done well with QBs (notice more than one) and that means he must know something. The picks I was considering have all come and gone but then I am a fan and not a professional football guru so I think I will sit and wait to see what happens.

91. Jacoby Brissett, QB, N.C. State D Grade
Ugh. Why? The Patriots needed a third quarterback in the wake of Tom Brady's suspension, but with Brady entering the twilight of his career, New England needed to obtain as much help for him as possible. This is the second day-two choice spent on a quarterback in the past few years, which is a big mistake. I don't hate Brissett as a prospect - he probably should've gone in the fourth round - but I just hate New England for effectively wasting a pick.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/offseason2016ne.php#ZZFcc0T5bMysdUSU.99

Needless to say, I trust the Pats FO more than I do some draftnik.

From WalterFootball:

93. Cody Kessler, QB, USC D Grade

The good news is that the Browns traded down for this pick. The bad news is that they used this pick on a horrible quarterback prospect. Cody Kessler is a small signal-caller with a weak arm. He could be a nice backup in the NFL, but I don't see how Cleveland could ever envision him as a starter. The Browns told Robert Griffin that he'd have to compete with a young quarterback. The only way he'll ever lose to Kessler is if he shows up both drunk and high to practice every day, and even then, it'll be close.

Since when should I give a fuck about walterfootball

Since when should I give a fuck about walterfootball

Agreed ...Walter football writer should apply for a job as an NFL head coach if he thinks he knows what he is talking about ....

Picking Cody screams a 100% Hue pick. If Cody is Hue's guy, then it doesn't matter where we selected him in comparison to any 'guru's' ratings. I would say Hue has forgotten more about NFL QBs, then this board knows - combined. Was it a surprise pick? Well sure it was, but you never know, stranger things have happened.

Most of our picks so far are trainable projects, I dont say that critically, all have high ceilings, 1 thing I do like about all this is Coach Jackson's and the FO's confidence and belief in the coaching staffs ability to train and develop that talent.

This time next year we could be sat very pretty if 4-8 of this years draft class turn out to be reliable starters, especially with the wealth of next years picks we've already collected.

I like the direction this new look setup is going.

I could care less that Hue wanted a QB I did not...

Problem I have is that I can't find better than a 6th round grade on him... and we have two, R5 Comp's waiting for action. Maybe they are so high on him that those comps would be too risky... fine. We have a 5th at 141... or a R4 Comp. But a late 3rd? Not feeling that at all...

Their is a difference between bitching and critiquing you know...

Not saying that you or anyone else who doesn't like this pick is one of those negative people. I didn't want a quarterback either. And I certainly didn't want Kessler in the third round.

What I was attempting to express is that I generally will try to see the positive side of shit even when I disagree with it. Didn't like Coleman in the first either, but I'm making the effort to warm up to it. And that doesn't put me in any moral high ground as I am likely simply deluding myself in the process. I'm doing the opposite of those who jump on the negatives and blow them up is all I'm saying.

I was OK with the other picks but they took Kessler way too high. I'm going to to the local store, and drink plenty of this :

kessler-blended-whiskey-1-75l-20.jpg

Thats usually My 2nd choice if a particular watering hole doesnt have any Canadian Club.

If you have 60+% of the forum agreeing with you then it's OK to post Walter football pieces. If not, then Fuck Walter football. You can post stuff from blogs that came from the bowels of the internet if you 80%+ agreement on a particular subject and it's considered gospel.

Fuck kessler he's a reach for a guy that won't see anything more than the practice squad.is he able to beat out the 4 we currently have on our roster?

I fucking love this pick and the kid knows how to make the ball catchable... I really don't think that he was going to make it out of 3rd round, at least not in the REAL NFL DRAFT world because I think the Patriots were going to snatch him up. Most importantly, it's who our coach wanted so I fucking LOVE it!

I liked every pick except this one, so I don't care if I'm negative about this one. Brissett was also a terrible pick. "We'll see"

I think Kessler is very terrible at everything. Big RG3 fan now

Set an all time school record for pass completion %, in a big time conference that is known for offense and throwing the ball, and did it in a pro style offense...... Just sayin'.

He played in a pro style offense and threw a ton of accurate deep balls even with a limited arm? I don't see the reason for the pick being that high but Hue likely knows something we don't.

Kessler was in about a week ago for a workout with Hue. The quarterback whisperer must have saw something he coveted that we don't get from his college tape.

Archived