THE BROWNS BOARD

WEEK 11 NCAA FOOTBALL, top 25, games and more, BIG shake-ups!

mjp28

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what happens if Michigan loses and penn and the BUCKS win out

Holy smokes!

What happens?

1. ALA

2. ALA

3. ALA

4. ALA :lol:

Who would have thought #2 Clemson beat by PITT 43-42! THAT might open up a top 4 spot.

1.ALA

2. M if they beat Iowa, should do that

3. WASH

4. OHIO STATE?

1. ALA

2. LOU?

3. OHIO STATE?

4. ? WISC, OKL or PENN ST? Looks like the B1G rules again.

I can't wait for the WEEK 12 polls. :huh:

OMG.

First time since 1985 that 2, 3, 4 all lost.

This is why the D-1A needs an 8 or 16 team playoff!

College Football Playoff Rankings

RK TEAM REC TREND LAST WEEK NEXT WEEK

1 W Alabama 9-0 @ #13 LSU W 10-0 11/12 vs Mississippi State

2 L Clemson 9-0 vs Syracuse W 54-0 11/12 vs Pittsburgh

3 L Michigan 9-0 vs Maryland W 59-3 11/12 @ Iowa

4 L Washington 9-0 1 @ California W 66-27 11/12 vs #20 USC

5 W Ohio State 8-1 1 vs #10 Nebraska W 62-3 11/12 @ Maryland

6 W Louisville 8-1 1 @ Boston College W 52-7 11/12 vs Wake Forest

7 W Wisconsin 7-2 1 @ Northwestern W 21-7 11/12 vs Illinois

8 L Texas A&M 7-2 4 @ Mississippi State L 35-28 11/12 vs Ole Miss

9 L Auburn 7-2 vs Vanderbilt W 23-16 11/12 @ Georgia

10 W Penn State 7-2 2 vs Iowa W 41-14 11/12 @ Indiana

11 W Oklahoma 7-2 3 @ Iowa State W 34-24 11/12 vs Baylor

12 W? Colorado 7-2 3 vs UCLA W 20-10 11/12 @ Arizona

WEEK 11 is over only 1 major undefeated team in the CFP top 12.

Nope. OSU now needs PSU to lose to Rutgers or MSU to make the title game.

Yeah, correct.

This may lead to changes again. I could see an 8 team playoff soon.

Ohio State will be in the playoffs as long as they win out.

This is somewhat uncharted water with 2,3,4,8,9 all losing in Week 11 leaving 1,5,6,7 all in play plus 10,11, 12 still possible claims on the Final Four depending on how Week 12 and the rest of the season plays out.

And rivalry week plus the Championships yet to be determined. Alabama has the best shot to control their own future but what if they slip up and lose a game?

Can a conference champion plus another conference team both make the Final Four? The CFB committee have their work cut out for them in the coming weeks picking only 4 teams.

Playoffs? Playoffs? Yeah 8 or 16 teams would have a better shot at no deserving team is left out. :huh:

Top 10 team goes down this week. Book it. Hell, it might be A&M again.

WHOA, 5 of the top 10? Understatement of the decade or century in D-1A college football. :o

State always plays Bama after the latter plays LSU. State usually covers.

I like Pitt to cover. Maybe win outright

Really like USC straight up.

WHOA again. Three of four undefeated top 10 or better yet top 4 teams go down....were you near Las Vegas this week?

WHOA again. Three of four undefeated top 10 or better yet top 4 teams go down....were you near Las Vegas this week?

You like that, eh? One of my best friends played for Pitt. I have become endeared to them. They play a great brand of ball. PFF has been saying they have the best pass blocking OL in the country. We know Clemson has a great pass rush, so Pitt had the right tools to neutralize Clemson's strengths. Pitt has become an extremely tough out for anyone. Really, they've been that way basically since 2013, but now even moreso since Narduzzi's shored up the defense a bit while retaining the general concepts of Chryst's offense.

You like that, eh? One of my best friends played for Pitt. I have become endeared to them. They play a great brand of ball. PFF has been saying they have the best pass blocking OL in the country. We know Clemson has a great pass rush, so Pitt had the right tools to neutralize Clemson's strengths. Pitt has become an extremely tough out for anyone. Really, they've been that way basically since 2013, but now even moreso since Narduzzi's shored up the defense a bit while retaining the general concepts of Chryst's offense.

Pat Narduzzi is the son of Bill Narduzzi, who was the head coach at Youngstown State University from 1975 to 1985. Pat played football for his father in 1985 as a freshman.

Bill Narduzzi was a fine person and coach at YSU ironically I graduated from YSU in 1975 and got my MBA in 1985 all around the Narduzzi era.

Also QB Ron Jaworski graduated just ahead of Coach Narduzzi but he got another good QB Cliff Stout who went on to the Steelers. Small world huh.

I mean you've got 128 division one FBS schools. There's going to be some longshot teams that play fantastic that ought to have a shot at the playoffs. It will not be difficult to fill out an 8 school bracket with top contenders.

I'd like to make being one of the top two ranked schools actually mean something.

At the very least the 1st round should be home games for the higher ranked team.

If anything, I'd go to a 6 team playoff first.

Without an early bye how does a 6 team work? An 8 team does several things like allow for the P5 teams and several at large teams, 8 just pairs off better and would work.

And who doesn't think 16 might make some intriguing matchup games, 1/16, 2/15 etc.

And yes first round home games for higher seeded teams.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh my YSU Penguins should be back in the D-1AA Sweet Sixteen again under Bo Pelini, they've ONLY made the playoffs once since Tressel left!

6 team giving the top two teams byes.

CFB is one of the few sports left where the regular season means something. A 16 team playoff shatters that

All of college football but D-1A has playoffs your regular season earns a spot in the playoffs or in D-1A those 30+ bowl games. Yes it matters.

You may hear the cry for expanded playoffs after this season.

Archived