THE BROWNS BOARD

The Little League World Series

Axe

Just a heads up. The US Regional tourneys are wrapping up on the fourletter2 network this week..

Williamsport is right around the corner.....................................

I don't know about anyone else but, THIS is one of my most enjoyable tournaments of the year!! bowdown.gif

I am not sure that I like the setup. They make all the US teams play against one another, and all the non-US teams play one another, then the final series is essentially the US against the World.

I would prefer to see a more open tournament. I mean, if the two best teams happen to be US teams, let them play the final. If US team aren't good enough, then fine...so be it.....let Japan play the DR or something like that in the Finals.

I think the setup could be tweaked as well.

As it is now, A local (and in most cases not even a county) US Little League all-star team is forced to beat a national all-star team from another country to win it all.

I know that's how they try to float it but it's always been a "wink wink" Chinese Taipei or Tokyo Japan ;) ;)

If it truly were local teams from everywhere then it would be unfairly slanted in the US team's favor as they have their own 8 team round robin and a US team is guaranteed a championship game berth. If they ALL were truly local teams and documentation could be proven (remember the Latin team that had the 14 yr old pitcher?) then I'd rather see all teams go into a hat and do a blind draw 4-4 team groupings and do this World Cup style.

I know that's how they try to float it but it's always been a "wink wink" Chinese Taipei or Tokyo Japan ;) ;)

If it truly were local teams from everywhere then it would be unfairly slanted in the US team's favor as they have their own 8 team round robin and a US team is guaranteed a championship game berth. If they ALL were truly local teams and documentation could be proven (remember the Latin team that had the 14 yr old pitcher?) then I'd rather see all teams go into a hat and do a blind draw 4-4 team groupings and do this World Cup style.

Do you know how much viewership that would draw? About none... That's why the end of the USA bracket is shown so much because it gives people a team to start rooting for as they go through the tournament to then play in the championship vs the "best team in the world".

If the USA team lost in their group play, no one would watch the rest of the games.

Archived