THE BROWNS BOARD

OK, just announce we're taking Garrett....

Clevfan4life

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't read 4.57...but Jesus. Just watched a video of him running the 40 with his shirt off and I almost crapped my pants. He almost doesn't look REAL. And I know, I know...there's WAY more to football than just looking buff, but I'm assuming it doesn't hurt to be faster than hell and extremely strong either.

Garrett's official numbers now in: 40 in 4.57 and 4.62, and had a 10-6 broad jump. He stood on the rest of his numbers from the combine.

4.57 are you kidding me?

Not sure there are actual "officials numbers", from the pro days as they are all hand timed by scouts (could be wrong). The teams tend to value their hand timed numbers more than the officials at the combine though (hence they do their own times even at the combine when there will be officials) because they don't get to have electronic times on everyone so instead of doing an apples to oranges comparison they prefer to do an apples to apples comparison on everyone, but there is definitely a human error involvement especially when getting down to hundredths of a second. Looking at the scouts numbers on the surface isn't very telling because their style could be biased towards faster or slower times, and you would need to compare that scouts numbers across the board on a large number of prospects to get any real meaning out of the numbers, when nitpicking the 40 time down to a few hundredths of a second. This year at the combine the unofficial times were pretty much the same as the official times, but I remember in years past all the times were significantly faster than the official times.

... or even a little more,

For a guy that stated "we may not do much in the FA department yet"..I expect these millions spent on this OL, is Sashi's way of following your lead.. Now, Don't let us down!!

4.57 are you kidding me?

Movie of the week? King Kong but The Incredible Hulk is still in the DVD player..

Pluto remains a lucid light of reason... even on the dark side.

Only issue I have with the column is Terry's hint of optimism about the Brockweiler.

Cleveland BrownsVerified account @Browns

How would Texas A&M defensive end @MylesLGarrett stack up against the AFC North?

Video embedded in tweet of Jerimiah and Brooks discussing... some silly stuff to start then some analysis ending with:

"Myles Garrett makes CLE the #1 defensive front in the AFCN." - DJ (close to a quote if not exact)

https://twitter.com/Browns/status/848152176606289920?s=09

Bucky article on MG ending in a comparison to Julius Peppers who ignited the rise of the Panthers' franchise.

I forget sometimes how impactful Julius was in his youth.

Book on Myles Garrett: Like Julius Peppers, a generational talent

"He's a face-of-the-franchise, cornerstone guy. He's a can't-miss prospect. There simply aren't many guys like this walking the planet." -- NFC personnel executive

When I look at his natural pass-rush ability and his movement skills, he reminds me of Julius Peppers during his prime. As a member of the Carolina Panthers' front office during the early years of Peppers' career, I saw him single-handedly reverse the fortunes of a franchise with his mere presence on the edge.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000795735/article/book-on-myles-garrett-like-julius-peppers-a-generational-talent?campaign=tw-nf-sf67388266-sf67388266

Note the tabs at the top of the article to other top prospects. Bucky has started impressing me with his writing...

Ass-is-saurus? Sounds more like the QBs he buries...

Speaking of which I just came out of the closet. No really. We had a tornado warning this morning and I just came out of the closet. Didn't want to lose my ass. ;):D

Yep. Our OL will make some difference....assuming it plays up to expectations. But we also need that QB that can make quick decisions and that has a quick release.

BO did not seem to be that guy in his stint in Houston...did he? And Kessler does not seem to really be that guy either....unless he improves greatly after his rookie season.

Both Kessler and Osweiler have some growing to do. Mitch just has more.

But if it's up to me that's the three quarterbacks on the roster. Even though Id carry four and have McCown as a coach player.

But that ain't going to happen.

WSS

Tomorrow night (Tuesday) on NFL Network (Ch 212 Direct TV) @ 7 pm CDT (8 EDT) they are holding a live mock draft.

DVR set... thanks for the heads up..

DVR set... thanks for the heads up..

Major disappointment when it turned out be Jeramiah's new, one-round mock... :(

But the following is cool as hell...

C8x8RyHWsAAQXlj.jpg

https://twitter.com/myleslgarrett/status/850191084336676869

Bucky article on MG ending in a comparison to Julius Peppers who ignited the rise of the Panthers' franchise.

I forget sometimes how impactful Julius was in his youth.

Book on Myles Garrett: Like Julius Peppers, a generational talent

"He's a face-of-the-franchise, cornerstone guy. He's a can't-miss prospect. There simply aren't many guys like this walking the planet." -- NFC personnel executive

When I look at his natural pass-rush ability and his movement skills, he reminds me of Julius Peppers during his prime. As a member of the Carolina Panthers' front office during the early years of Peppers' career, I saw him single-handedly reverse the fortunes of a franchise with his mere presence on the edge.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000795735/article/book-on-myles-garrett-like-julius-peppers-a-generational-talent?campaign=tw-nf-sf67388266-sf67388266

Note the tabs at the top of the article to other top prospects. Bucky has started impressing me with his writing...

And does what our team desperately need on defense? ALL OF THIS. God, can you imagine having an impact defender that actually SCARES people?

And does what our team desperately need on defense? ALL OF THIS. God, can you imagine having an impact defender that actually SCARES people?

Ca you imagine the Browns superbraintrust passing him up? Just ask Mud. :D

it remains to be seen if Garrett is that generational talent. If i recall Peppers correctly, he was further along at this point than Garrett is. Garrett still needs alot of work against the run. Calling him the next anybody is premature. And frankly i don't want to put those expectations on him. LIke in two years if we're not in the superbowl everybody's gonna be like fuck you Myles? Im willing to let the kid learn and grow here in Cleveland without heaping unobtainable expectations on him.

LIke in two years if we're not in the superbowl everybody's gonna be like fuck you Myles?

Can't speak for "everybody", but I won't be...

We've our share of unrealistic fans, but 1-15 to SB in two years? That should trim the herd considerably...

And as I have stated elsewhere (or should have if I didn't), how he does his year is entirely dependent in how well this braintrust builds the rest of the defense around him. One man does not a defense make as was proven by A&M's lack of a quality/depth in the rest of the players they had trying to assist him. SEC OCs recognized that and designed gameplans to maximize keeping him at bay with plays away and double/triple teams, even when he was hurt. NFL team will find the weak links in the Browns D unless this draft concentrates on more than just Garrett. At least 4 of the top 5 picks need to be defenders in such a deep defensive draft.

In the words of Wayne Campbell... "Shah!"

Of course teams will try to exploit our defensive weakness same as every offense does every defense every Sunday. Garrett's going to see plays away, get "chipped" regularly as does every other Edge stud in the league. But as the other great ones do, when he gets his shots, he's going to have to cash them.

He's going to have to recognize and run down plays away. And when he's not facing read-option, dual-threat QBs week in and week out, he should be free to do so. Dalton may burn him once or twice, but Ben won't. Reverses??? PTG will throw those at him, but he has to "recognize".

He's going to have to "win" his share of one-on-one, PassPro battles, when presented with them. Doesn't mean a sack every time... just a pressure... a flush... even a stunt that draws OL attention needed elsewhere... any effort that contributes to any "get-the-QB-off-his-spot" result.

...... without heaping unobtainable expectations on him.

...or any pick ftm.......

when your team is as bad as the Browns, there is no single player thats going to make a big difference in the final record...

Its gonna take a group of high talent players to raise the bar with the Browns.....

Its gonna take a group of high talent players to raise the bar with the Browns.....

I agree whole heartedly, which is why i like our DE rotations porential with garrett in there. Im kind of piqued thinking about the likes of nassib, og, garett and maybe that wynn kid rotating in fresh. We saw how a talented pass rush can tire out in the SB.

I agree whole heartedly, which is why i like our DE rotations porential with garrett in there. Im kind of piqued thinking about the likes of nassib, og, garett and maybe that wynn kid rotating in fresh. We saw how a talented pass rush can tire out in the SB.

Yep...our starting 4 would actually look pretty decent.....plus, Nassib is the type of guy you root for, so hoping to see him develop some game.....and, I think Meder could do well in a 4 man set....

My primary 4 would be Ogbah....Shelton....Bryant.....Garrett.....then, off the bench, Meder inside and Nassib outside.....or maybe even Orchard stepping up.....

Nassibs findamentals are even better than garrets so dont be surprised if forcat least a portion of the year garrett sees pass rushing downs mainly. If nassib got stronger he'll eclipse ogbah shortly unless ogbah gets better at some stuff as well. Nassibs run technique was"first class" toward the end of the season. And that was with the club hand.

Nassibs findamentals are even better than garrets so dont be surprised if forcat least a portion of the year garrett sees pass rushing downs mainly. If nassib got stronger he'll eclipse ogbah shortly unless ogbah gets better at some stuff as well. Nassibs run technique was"first class" toward the end of the season. And that was with the club hand.

Hmm.....Im not really seeing that from Nassib.....for the most part, he looked to be fairly easily nullified....club or not.....and showed very little against the run....and....little or no gains as the season progressed....

Ogbah....on the other hand....showed good pursuit.....ability to get off blocks.....and got better as the season progressed......was looking pretty solid the last 1/4, while I was bemoaning the invisibility of Nassib....(one of my preseason favorites and draft dark horses)

Archived