THE BROWNS BOARD

Kamp Kizer

Zombo

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I admit it, I didn't like Kizer before the draft, and I didn't like him during the damn season either. That being said, do I like him at #52? Do I like him considering we didn't have to give up any of our resources to take him? Do I like him when other teams traded away a bunch of shit and we let the draft come to us? The answer is...I hope so. Everybody on earth knew this was a down year for QB's, and if you were a team that needed an "immediate starter", you were probably shit out of luck. In other words, "you can't pick what's not there." For years we tried this anyway because "we had to have a QB!" So I'm thrilled to see our office ALMOST use our picks (still angry about not getting Hooker) and resist the temptation of moving up for a QB who probably won't play any time soon.

Look, I realize the #52 pick is no small thing, and it's still relatively high, but it's nowhere near the same game as taking somebody top 12. The immense pressure to throw Kizer into the fire won't be present, and a second round selection isn't generally expected to come right in and kick ass. We took a swing at the plate, as we should've, at a reasonable place in the draft. 6 months ago, several analysts had Kizer as their #1 prospect. He's definitely got major issues to fix, but nobody is expecting him to come in a win the job right away, and that's a good thing. Let's get lucky one time. Let's hope that Kizer is better than we saw, and his shitty coach hurt his play (and head) worse than we think. We wanted an "AFC North" type QB, right? A guy who was about 6'4 and 230 pounds? A guy with decent mobility? Cmon Hue...coach this kid up and give the fans and team what they've needed for so long.

I admit it, I didn't like Kizer before the draft, and I didn't like him during the damn season either. That being said, do I like him at #52? Do I like him considering we didn't have to give up any of our resources to take him? Do I like him when other teams traded away a bunch of shit and we let the draft come to us? The answer is...I hope so.

Typical.....didnt like him in college.....didnt like him in the draft....but NOW that we picked him, blah blah blah.....

We have to set up the back up to next year's QB. Maybe just once the football gods will shine on Cleveland and throw us a bone. Anything is possible.

Does this Joe Montana below look anything like the one SF had throwing the ball?

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/joe-montana-1.html

School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A TD Int

1975 Notre Dame Ind QB 7 28 66 42.4 507 7.7 4 8

1977 Notre Dame Ind QB 9 99 189 52.4 1604 8.5 11 8

1978 Notre Dame Ind QB 11 141 260 54.2 2010 7.7 10 9

Career Notre Dame QB 27 268 515 52.0 4121 8.0 25 25

There is a certain criteria those numbers don't show. CLUTCHNESS. A quality Montana did display while at ND and continued during his career with the 49'rs.

Montana tended to rise when his team needed him the most.It was keep it close then give Montana the ball with the game on the line....Joe was a great closer.

Haven't watched Kizer myself. That being said, have you seen that quality ?

Gotta admit...you're good at that "trying to convince yourself" thing.....I prefer to go with my gut and say it like it is.....

If he was your least favorite.....why not just say that?......(here's how I do it)....Damn, hate that pick.! We needed talent and they picked my LEAST FAVORITE player.....bitches!!!

See how easy?.....Btw....I feel much better now.....

I'm glad talking to me this way makes you feel so much better now. I wasn't aware we lost the mutual respect I thought we had for one another in this golden rule you're extending me here. You're jumping all over anything I type in this thread just 2-3 weeks after I lit into somebody that did that to you. Whatever...

I already said Kizer wasn't my favorite QB prospect to Hoorta in a previous post before I replied to Steve. Does posting it more than once make it more true? If so, no wonder why we're getting Ghoolie on skipping record if there's that big of a need. And what kind of reward do I get down the road when/if I've already cornered myself into a point of no return about somebody especially if I want him to succeed?

I'm happy we didn't burn a first round pick on a QB so if doing so meant all my faves were gone in that round, I find no reason to complain about the consequences of it while we wait and see how it turns out.

I'm glad talking to me this way makes you feel so much better now. I wasn't aware we lost the mutual respect I thought we had for one another in this golden rule you're extending me here. You're jumping all over anything I type in this thread just 2-3 weeks after I lit into somebody that did that to you. Whatever...

I already said Kizer wasn't my favorite QB prospect to Hoorta in a previous post before I replied to Steve. Does posting it more than once make it more true? If so, no wonder why we're getting Ghoolie on skipping record if there's that big of a need. And what kind of reward do I get down the road when/if I've already cornered myself into a point of no return about somebody especially if I want him to succeed?

I'm happy we didn't burn a first round pick on a QB so if doing so meant all my faves were gone in that round, I find no reason to complain about the consequences of it while we wait and see how it turns out.

Seriously...Fluges?.....I was making a joke....lighten up...

I havent jumped on crapola.....I commented on the Montana comparison, then immediately corrected myself....then I made a funny....you are over reacting(again)....

And what kind of reward do I get down the road when/if I've already cornered myself into a point of no return about somebody especially if I want him to succeed?

Reward?...cornered?....how about just saying it like you see it?.....we all want him to do well....and if he does, you're allowed to say that when it happens.....and if you dont think he's likely to do well?.....you're allowed to say that too....no rewards given and no corners painted....

Opinion is just that and can change.....In my world, not having an opinion(or the fear of giving it) kind of spoils the conversation

There is a certain criteria those numbers don't show. CLUTCHNESS. A quality Montana did display while at ND and continued during his career with the 49'rs.

Montana tended to rise when his team needed him the most.It was keep it close then give Montana the ball with the game on the line....Joe was a great closer.

Haven't watched Kizer myself. That being said, have you seen that quality ?

Warning: paying attention to the flow of discussion is very important to understanding it. Let's keep the train on the tracks here folks or you're going to be sending your buddy Flugel out for his very first smoking break of his life. Please don't be responsible for that!

The Montana stuff came in near the bottom of page 7 in this thread so you can see the intended pov...

After a good night sleep / reset, I guess I could best be described as "cautiously optimistic". I really like his physical traits, but hate what I've read about his mental traits, and as I've said many times before, it's what's beating in a players chest and what's computing in his head that is the difference between success and failure at the highest level. Maybe the reports on his immaturity are grossly exaggerated, and since he's now a Brown, he's got my full support.

That being said, and if I'm being totally honest, I don't think he will be the answer, but here's to hoping I'm dead wrong......

Kizer has Tom Bradys mind and Cam Newtons body.....

Now......where did I hear that?....cant remember

Well, at least he doesn't lack confidence?

He's a Cleveland Brown a true fan supports their own until his actions warrents otherwise.

He's a Cleveland Brown a true fan supports their own until his actions warrenty otherwise.

Oh....gut shot....the ole "true fan" stab.....

Hey, Ill support him.....dont have to like him or think hes some great guy to do that....

What would you call a guy who claims to be Tom Brady and Cam Newton all rolled into one neat lil package?

What would you call a guy who claims to be Tom Brady and Cam Newton all rolled into one neat lil package?

a badass mofo

Oh for the love of god.....are we gonna start comparing Kizer to Montana???....really?

I dont think Im gonna be able to tolerate all the "justifying" that is about to happen.....just endured a whole year of it....

Cmon guys.....he's not a comparable to Montana...in any way....cept ND...

Yup, ND turned out Montana & Thiesman. They also produced Quinn & Clausen. Care to guess what group I'm pegging Kizer for?

Oh....gut shot....the ole "true fan" stab.....

Hey, Ill support him.....dont have to like him or think hes some great guy to do that....

he said it's what he aspires to be he didnt claim he was that. You know in another post I said he would be a bust, but now I have to support him and hope I get to eat my words.

he said it's what he aspires to be he didnt claim he was that. ....

Ha...thats BS....here's his quote....

“Name a college quarterback who goes into the game-plan meetings on Monday and throws his notes at the coaches,” Kizer said. “No one else game plans the way I do. No one else prepares the way I do. No one else knows football the way I do. No one else is as big as I am. No one else is as powerful a runner as I am. Pat Mahomes might throw the ball 80 yards and I can only throw the ball 72, but I guarantee he can’t throw an out route the way I can.

“No one else can do what I can do. And I’ve truly figured out in this (draft) process, if I can maximize all my potential in every aspect of the game – this is bold – I do have the ability to be the greatest quarterback to ever play. Imagine taking (Tom) Brady’s intellect and Brady’s preparation and putting it on a guy with Cam Newton’s body.

Only one word describes that comment.....arrogance......plain and simple....(the opposite of humble, which is a desirable trait)...

And that first line indicates he doesnt even respect his coaches opinions....should be a great student of the game

Ha...thats BS....here's his quote....

“Name a college quarterback who goes into the game-plan meetings on Monday and throws his notes at the coaches,” Kizer said. “No one else game plans the way I do. No one else prepares the way I do. No one else knows football the way I do. No one else is as big as I am. No one else is as powerful a runner as I am. Pat Mahomes might throw the ball 80 yards and I can only throw the ball 72, but I guarantee he can’t throw an out route the way I can.

“No one else can do what I can do. And I’ve truly figured out in this (draft) process, if I can maximize all my potential in every aspect of the game – this is bold – I do have the ability to be the greatest quarterback to ever play. Imagine taking (Tom) Brady’s intellect and Brady’s preparation and putting it on a guy with Cam Newton’s body.

you will have to find it yourself but he was asked about that and he clarified it by saying what I just said but since you didn't read it I guess it never happened. I believe I read it in today's plain dealer.

you will have to find it yourself but he was asked about that and he clarified it by saying what I just said but since you didn't read it I guess it never happened. I believe I read it in today's plain dealer.

thats called backing off what you meant....plain and simple.....he realized what an ass he was and is now trying to change up....

He said what he thought....and is now changing it....how can you read those words and have any other opinion?

I would agree it came across as arrogant, but so be it are you bitching because Garrett said Big Ben is his first target?

Hopefully, he steps into the throw.

Okay then I agree. Notre dame turns out top quality quarter bats like hostess turns out Twinkies.

Did I forget about joe montana sucking in college or didn't that happen?

WSS

Uhm, Joe Montana's ND team won the National championship. No, he didn't suck in college. Only two QBs ever won both a National Championship in college and an NFL title. Montana and your boy the other Joe.

Maybe he'll turn out like the character from the Usual Suspects by the same name. The guy who has so many fucked up things going against him that he could never be the mastermind of a devious game plan that sees him winning in the end, yet he does.

Also, if l'm really fucked up and he does something stupid, l'll try to say "Goddammit Kizer!", but it'll probably come out "Grddameite Kosar!", and that will be warm and fuzzy.

Archived