THE BROWNS BOARD

The Las Vegas Raiders

The Gipper

California is going to fall into the Pacific Ocean, Florida and Texas among other southern states is going to turn into South America with Zika, new neighbors and who knows what else.

The West is only habitable with AIR CONDITIONING and fighting over water.

I'm going to stay in OH-IO. :lol:

Not San Diego. They need neither heat nor AC. But it can't have an NFL team.

Edit.... Also, Florida wil go away when La Palma lets loose

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I stop posting, the board will die. I am the ONLY POSTER who management ever asked to return to the board because posting totals were down. Just remember that cock pus. I am here because I am the most highly read posted on the board. Like a QB, as goes Ghoolie, so goes the board.

Cool. Answer the question.

Well at the risk of giving away that I'm just a couple of months shy of 70, I never experienced AC when growing up in sweltering, humid Beaumont, Texas. But when you grow up that way you aren't really aware you're missing something. You just go shoeless from May-Sept and develop the callouses to kill bees with a bare foot. :lol: :lol:

Ha, I suppose you can get used to it. I'm only a few years younger than you- but believe it- growing up in Cleveland and having an 85 degree day with 80% humidity when it only gets down to 80 at night without AC was downright miserable- to the point you couldn't sleep.

I do believe there's heat adaption, if you live in it long enough. A little story. You may know one of my hobbies is Astronomy, and about 15 yeas ago I went to The Winter Star Party in the Florida Keys- in January. Around 2AM I felt it was getting a little cool, so I decided I needed to put on a sweater. Saw a couple guys from Miami wearing parkas. :) There's cold adaption too. My pal from Alaska sent me a picture of a guy walking down the street in a light jacket in Fairbanks, though Bernie said this was a little unusual. Temperature on the Bank sign read -40.

Ha, I suppose you can get used to it. I'm only a few years younger than you- but believe it- growing up in Cleveland and having an 85 degree day with 80% humidity when it only gets down to 80 at night without AC was downright miserable- to the point you couldn't sleep.

Well there it is! The advantage of living in the Beaumont 100F 90+% humidity in August is that the mosquitoes would keep you cool with their little wings. :lol: :lol:

I do believe there's heat adaption, if you live in it long enough.

My first winter in Houston when it hit 50 deg the locals were in longjohns and winter coats. The heaviest thing I wore the entire winter was a fleece-lined windbreaker. The next winter... I was right there with them.

I never, however, adapted to Houston's humidity.

My first winter in Houston when it hit 50 deg the locals were in longjohns and winter coats. The heaviest thing I wore the entire winter was a fleece-lined windbreaker. The next winter... I was right there with them.

I was in San Antonio for almost 2 weeks over Christmas. The first week there it was pretty damn cold, and a northern breeze was coming in that made it worse. So I did wear a fleece. Later though, it got up to almost in the 80s.

Well there it is! The advantage of living in the Beaumont 100F 90+% humidity in August is that the mosquitoes would keep you cool with their little wings. :lol: :lol:

Well, I suppose that's one small advantage in Vegas- no bugs. But plenty of other nasty things out in the desert like scorpions, Gila Monsters, and rattlesnakes. One advantage of Ohio- the first two don't exist, and though there are supposed to be a few of the latter, I've never seen a live one.

Similar experience of one of my pals. got transferred from Cleveland to Orange County CA. First winter- was out and about in a t-shirt and shorts. Neighbors thought he was nuts. Second winter- dress like the locals. :)

Furthermore, there is an unending bounty of opportunities for me musically. I have an audition in 7 months as a utility player for a new Cirque show slated for 2019, a ton of restaurants for accordion work, AND one of my favorite things, performing as a street musician and talking to countless people all day long. Pretty nice way for a guy to retire, if you ask me.

Ha, better invest in a trained monkey with a cup- you'd probably clean up playing the accordion on the strip. :D

This may be worse news in the Raiders to Vegas story....worse than Adelson pulling out is that Goldman Sachs is also pulling out of Vegas Stadium deal.

Or, actually, in my mind, it is good news.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/01/31/reports-goldman-sachs-leaving-proposed-raiders-stadium-deal/

Looks like Ghoolie and Stan may not have a team there after all. Per this, the Raiders may now attempt to see if there is still some way they can stay in Oakland.

Ronnie Lott leading a group to build a new Stadium.

One other option is for the Raiders to play in the current new 49ers stadium, permanently or while a new Oakland stadium is being built.

This may be worse news in the Raiders to Vegas story....worse than Adelson pulling out is that Goldman Sachs is also pulling out of Vegas Stadium deal.

Or, actually, in my mind, it is good news.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/01/31/reports-goldman-sachs-leaving-proposed-raiders-stadium-deal/

Looks like Ghoolie and Stan may not have a team there after all. Per this, the Raiders may now attempt to see if there is still some way they can stay in Oakland.

Ronnie Lott leading a group to build a new Stadium.

One other option is for the Raiders to play in the current new 49ers stadium, permanently or while a new Oakland stadium is being built.

I hope this carpetbagging stops once and for all. Great. Admittedly, Oakland Colosseum is obviously not up to current NFL standards. But if they can get something done for the Warriors- near criminal they're ignoring the Raiders.

I've read that San Diego may try to get the Raiders also.

It will cost them a new stadium. Though Qualcom would be a marginal upgrade over Oakland's dump. If they wouldn't do it for the Chargers, can't see them doing it to entice the Raiders.

lol... Should have seen that coming.

I hope this carpetbagging stops once and for all. Great. Admittedly, Oakland Colosseum is obviously not up to current NFL standards. But if they can get something done for the Warriors- near criminal they're ignoring the Raiders.

And in yet another curse, well an AL Davis curse from the grave, what happens to the once great Oakland A's? IF/WHEN the Raiders leave are the moving vans backing up for the relatively often moved Athletics?

AL Davis demanded and got the ugly and not good for football or baseball renovations on his (basically blackmail) requests to move the Raid-ers back to Oakland.

Hey Raiders + A's a today's 2 for 1 bargain basement special! :lol:

It will cost them a new stadium. Though Qualcom would be a marginal upgrade over Oakland's dump. If they wouldn't do it for the Chargers, can't see them doing it to entice the Raiders.

Nope, see the Soccer is gay thread in the Barber Shop. San Diego has decided to try to build an MLS stadium, and turn to that sport for its citizenry's pleasure. But...who knows.

Nope, see the Soccer is gay thread in the Barber Shop. San Diego has decided to try to build an MLS stadium, and turn to that sport for its citizenry's pleasure. But...who knows.

Totally different situation. Dean Spanos and the Chargers didn't want to spend any money to get a new stadium. They wanted the city and the people of San Diego to pay for it. The proposed soccer stadium (which would've been proposed whether the Chargers stayed or left) is going to be privately funded by an investment firm in San Diego. The soccer option has been in the works for 2 years and was just waiting for the Chargers to make up their mind about where they are going to play, either the Qualcomm site or moving downtown or to another city. Once the Chargers decided to leave, the investment firm went public with their plan, especially because MLS is in the process of expanding to 4 more cities in the next few years and saw an opportunity to get in on that right away.

As for Oakland moving to San Diego, as much as I would love to see it because it would be a giant fuck you to the chargers owner who did nothing over the years to try and get a stadium deal done other than whine about that he needed one, I just don't see it happening because there's no way to get an approval on a nearly 2 billion dollar stadium, unless it's privately funded. And if Mark Davis isn't willing to pony up the cash to stay in Oakland, why the hell would he do it in San Diego?

Qualcomm would be an upgrade over the Coliseum but not a very big one and would still need to have money put into it to make it decent while a new stadium was being built. Something else that the Chargers and their owner has been unwilling to do for the past 10 years.

... if Mark Davis isn't willing to pony up the cash to stay in Oakland, why the hell would he do it in San Diego?

Because it's, you know, in San Diego?

Because it's, you know, in San Diego?

yeah...I get that part too and maybe he would put up a large percentage of money to get it done. But there's no way the NFL is walking away from $750 million guaranteed public money in Las Vegas.

yeah...I get that part too and maybe he would put up a large percentage of money to get it done. But there's no way the NFL is walking away from $750 million guaranteed public money in Las Vegas.

So, then, maybe they scale back the stadium project. 750 mill. coming from Las Vegas. The NFL is supposedly willing to put up 100 mill. If they can come in with a budget at 1 billion, that would mean the Raiders would just have to come up with another 150 mill.

Why cannot a really nice stadium...even a Dome, be built for 1 Bill.?

So, then, maybe they scale back the stadium project. 750 mill. coming from Las Vegas. The NFL is supposedly willing to put up 100 mill. If they can come in with a budget at 1 billion, that would mean the Raiders would just have to come up with another 150 mill.

That's beyond the scope of my knowledge. It doesn't look good for the Raiders with the investors backing out but the 3/4 of a billion dollars of public money says to me they are moving to Vegas and the NFL will figure it out.

I've always wondered about that and why the Indians didn't pursue it way back when, the Brewers did.....

.....In some circles, outrage accompanied the 2001 opening of Miller Park, the Milwaukee Brewers' new home. The state senator who cast the deciding vote in favor of a sales-tax increase to pay the public's $290 million portion of the construction cost had been recalled in a public referendum, and three workers had died after a crane collapsed, delaying the stadium's scheduled opening by a year. The stadium's fan-shaped retractable roof proved problematic, necessitating a $13 million fix paid for by a settlement reached between the Miller Park Stadium District and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries of America, averting further litigation. That one signature element was a prime culprit in the stadium's ultimate $400 million construction cost, at the time the second-highest price tag for a new professional baseball stadium.

Over in the National Football League, little outrage accompanied the opening of Detroit's Ford Field or Houston's Reliant Stadium in 2002. The two buildings featured a fixed roof and a retractable fabric roof, respectively, and both were very much in line, cost-wise, with other state-of-the-art buildings of the time. Ford Field, designed to incorporate a neighboring warehouse, came in at $430 million, while Reliant's much-simplified retractable roof design kept the building's cost at $352 million, putting the two venues third and fourth at the time on the list of professional football stadium construction cost.....CONTINUED INTO THE BILLION DOLLAR ERA.......

http://www.athleticbusiness.com/stadium-arena/how-stadium-construction-costs-reached-the-billions.html

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/column-goodell-makes-clear-odds-against-las-vegas-060524198--nfl.html

Implying that Vegas deal is all but dead. Roger Goodell was always against it apparently.

Yes plus every other NFL Commissioner who never wanted the NFL in Sin City, bad elements or just didn't want the Shield that close to gambling. Hey it's 2017, might be a passé consideration.

However many business people thought it would be a good or great idea.

Yes plus every other NFL Commissioner who never wanted the NFL in Sin City, bad elements or just didn't want the Shield that close to gambling. Hey it's 2017, might be a passé consideration.

However many business people thought it would be a good or great idea.

If the $$$ is not there, the NFL won't go for it.

I do wonder if San Antonio may try to jump into the fray. They have a stadium that is better than Oakland Coliseum is right now.

But, of course Jerrah would not want that. Too many people apparently suck his dick.

But, it should be another option.

Just one year ago, the Raiders to San Antonio was a hot topic. Died down since with their romance with Vegas, but, it could heat up again, no?

http://thedemotape.com/2016/01/15/san-antonio-raiders-could-it-happen-soon/

I don't like three NFL teams in one state but CAL has it now, who knows even with Jerryworld there.

I don't like three NFL teams in one state but CAL has it now, who knows even with Jerryworld there.

New York...theoretically has 3 teams (if you consider that they are called the New York....not New Jersey Jets and Giants.

Florida has 3 teams.

Cali has 4...for now.

Three teams in Texas could easily work....but no...Jerrah doesn't want that because he thinks SA belongs to him. Half the people in SA disagree.

New York...theoretically has 3 teams (if you consider that they are called the New York....not New Jersey Jets and Giants.

Florida has 3 teams.

Cali has 4...for now.

Three teams in Texas could easily work....but no...Jerrah doesn't want that because he thinks SA belongs to him. Half the people in SA disagree.

OR NY with one true team the 0-4 super bowl Bills....unless they end up in Canada then NY will technically have ZERO :lol:

I've been in Tex-ass a few times way back but that was closer to the Dallas and Houston OILERS era which they let left Houston without as much as a wimper. I remember a save the Oilers rally when there were more press than fans....no kidding! The BROWNS fans put up a way better fight.

Oh and now Tex-ass can try to get what they've always wanted three NFL teams and their own country.

Archived