THE BROWNS BOARD

Davis Webb

CaineDeSoulis

Greg Cosell has given his bitesize piece on.....

DAVIS WEBB

College: Cal-Berkeley (after transferring from Texas Tech)

College offence: Shotgun spread

College starts: 26

Last season: Senior

Hometown: Prosper, Texas

Height: 6-foot-4 3/4

Weight: 229 pounds

Hand size: 9 1/4 inches

Greg Cosell says:

STRENGTHS

Showed an awareness and understanding of progressions within the context of his (Air Raid spread) offence. At times looked very natural throwing the ball with an easy delivery. A very good touch thrower. Good arm but not a gun, not a high-velocity thrower. Showed the feel and poise to stand in a muddied pocket and deliver with comfort. Played with a far better understanding of the concepts of the Air Raid offence than Pat Mahomes.

WEAKNESSES

Very loose and undisciplined with his throwing mechanics. A little too deliberate in his movement. As with many shotgun-spread college QBs, Webb did not always plant his back foot and transfer his weight as he delivered. Question as to whether he has a live arm that can drive the ball when needed. Deep-ball accuracy must improve. At times he missed routine throws, a concern. Did not show a lot of pocket toughness.

BOTTOM LINE

Played in a highly schemed offence that defined throws with limited progression reading. A developmental QB with the skill set to eventually become a quality NFL starter. Some similarities to Paxton Lynch. Overall maybe the best QB prospect in this years draft, with a higher ceiling than Mitch Trubisky and Deshaun Watson. DeShone Kizer has excellent arm talent but Webb has a more refined feel to his game.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been pretty rough on Webb and a lot of it is because I want to barf every time I hear him speak, but he could end up being this year's Derek Carr. I'm still putting my money on a wasted draft pick, but who knows how these guys respond once they get to the league. All I know is that I never have to interact with him over the sound of him slurping his own chode.

I don't know but with a name like Davis web I just think this guys should be like a golfer or something it's not a football name

Or have a first name like Spud and dunk basketballs or something.

oh so a name like Bernie struck fear into defenders

Nope....its a dorky name too....

Im sorry...but where did I say otherwise???..or that it struck fear in anybody?

sensitive?....your name isnt Boomer or Bubby is it....?

ha ya I got that I just was blown away by a person using the word sissy it really made me laugh,so what era of life do you live ?

wtf?.....my era of life is that I now know to move on from dumb ass conversations....see ya....

I guess I gotta agree.....I hate sissy names on QB's and Davis ranks up there.....

But, hey.....at least his name isnt Bubby or Boomer.....

Joe. Joe seems to be a good name for a QB. As in Namath/Montana. And John. Also good. Unitas/Elway. Tom of course is good. Its my name. Brady

Dan.

Jack.

Jim.

Bill

Bob

But, you know, we are not going to get those names anymore. My wife works at an elementary school. Those old traditional...manly. names just aren't being used any more.

Justins and Jasons and Joshuas and Carsons and that sort of names are being used now. And, I mean, I know that they are ethnic and all that, but the DeShaun's and DeShone's and DeVonte and DeAndre etc. don't, to me, strike fear.

Down here we like the first name Travis which comes from an Alamo defender who drew the original line in the sand. I would suggest we give that a try for our new team this fall. ;)

http://www.texasescapes.com/MikeCoxTexasTales/Line-in-the-Sand-Alamo-History.htm

I thought this was Davey and Jim.

Bowie was bedridden. Bowie (volunteers) and William Barrett Travis (regulars) shared the command until Bowie was too sick, so Travis became the commander in fact.

Bowie was bedridden. Bowie (volunteers) and William Barrett Travis (regulars) shared the command until Bowie was too sick, so Travis became the commander in fact.

I thought it was Travis who was bedridden. I should know this as I have seen enough movies about it..an been there enough times.

I thought the movie with Billy Bob Thornton as Crockett and Dennis Quaid as Sam Houston was pretty good. Good enough to have inspired me to visit the San Jacinto monument outside of Houston.

Archived