THE BROWNS BOARD

The 30 Greatest Football Places In America

The Gipper

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

I believe it’s the only football stadium that hosts high school, college, and NFL games.

Nope-Texas final playoff games for all HS levels are played in Jerryworld along with the annual A&M - Ark game and others.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Tom Benson Stadium is home field for Canton McKinley, and Timken Sr High.

It hosts the high school championship games as well.

Its also home field for Walsh & Malone (DII), and will host the DIII Championship Game in 2020.

Didn't they close Timken a year or two ago?

On 9/10/2012 at 3:43 PM, The Gipper said:

Kansas City, Missouri. Home of The Chief with one of the most ardent NFL fan bases who, despite a lack of on field success still follow their team.

No they dont. Day of the game you can get a seat no issue. Tickets are always available.

The place was half empty during the KC losing streak.

3 hours ago, boo fagley said:

No they dont. Day of the game you can get a seat no issue. Tickets are always available.

The place was half empty during the KC losing streak.

That's OK....If you continued to read the thread I took KC out in favor of Baltimore.  (but that is the first time I have heard that claim).

20 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I don't know....here are NFL stadiums that do share with colleges. This article written in 2015...so there is a new stadium in Atlanta...but I doubt the sharing arrangement has changed:

NFL and College Teams Sharing Stadiums
Stadium NFL Team NCAA Team
Georgia Dome Atlanta Falcons Georgia State
Gillette Stadium New England Patriots UMass
Sun Life Stadium Miami Dolphins Miami (FL)
Lincoln Financial Field Philadelphia Eagles Temple
Heinz Field Pittsburgh Steelers Pitt
Qualcomm Stadium San Diego Chargers San Diego St,
Raymond James Stadium Tampa Bay Buccaneers USF

I also have no doubt that a few of these likely also hold HS games.   At least, maybe state championship games.

Obviously the Chargers don't play at Qualcomm anymore since they left San Diego.   SDSU is the only team that plays at what is now SDCCU Stadium.   Qualcomm didn't renew with the naming rights when the Chargers left.

42 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Obviously the Chargers don't play at Qualcomm anymore since they left San Diego.   SDSU is the only team that plays at what is now SDCCU Stadium.   Qualcomm didn't renew with the naming rights when the Chargers left.

Yes, as I said....the list was a couple of years old. 

Not helped by the sagging BROWNS but oddly helped some by the Indians and Cavaliers how about the NFL HOF city Canton, Ohio?  Nice new facilities and all.

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Not helped by the sagging BROWNS but oddly helped some by the Indians and Cavaliers how about the NFL HOF city Canton, Ohio?  Nice new facilities and all.

Wouldn’t it be great if the 2020 NFL Draft was held there?

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I think eventually it happens. Would be awesome. 

Archived