THE BROWNS BOARD

US

calfoxwc

No, it hasn't. Comedy stays funny. It adapts, but is quite the same.

I think it was plato or aristotle, that said there are three elements

of comedy -

surprise, exaggeration, and irony. I'm only certain of the first two...

Thought you had to go. Don't tell me, you don't know how to google

"elements of comedy".......

No I'm pretty sure your taste just stays the same.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All wet in Egypt, still.

Gee, you have to go? Gosh, what great timing to refuse

to go look it up. I gave you plenty of help.

the trouble is, with citations, is that some of those who

get to give them, are the ones who have been manipulating

and cherry picking the data,

for al gore. You ...can....not....have....the "fever" bs...

with these numbers. Climate changes, flows and ebbs.

Hey, you "global warming" wonks lost it, and the proof

is when you changed the talking point to "climate change".

Yes Chris, not looking up Cals source for him proves you're wrong.

Also, "citations" are just a ploy by "scientists" to censor the truth! Cuz Al Gore! And grants! And liberals!

I'm pretty sure you posted a pit chart containing data from the CDC, which I had already posted in that thread. Your claim was "99% from Retarded decisions" which that pie chart didn't prove.

Unprotected gay sex, intravenous drug use and high risk heterosexual sex is all bad decision making woody. You're just butthurt. By the way what was the percentage labeled "other" oh...1%

Butthurt

Butthurt: (But-hert) Noun. Getting your arse served to you along with the trimmings after dying to gankers, resulting in a bitch-fest on a social media website and disregarding the fact that the game laughs and mocks anything fair.

Butt Hurt

A person who may be a whiny little bitch, sad, upset, or pissed off about an event or something that occured.

Butt Hurt

When Some Lifeless Prick Cant Get Over Something Simple.

Butthurt

the emotional chafing of the ass.

butthurt

The act of ruining a perfactly good time because your miserable and have an attitude and just can't be happy about anything.

Red-DownyCrab1.png

.... And Cal just admitted he was wrong, sweet. As if the "nuh uh, you find my source" wasn't telling enough, now even he has given up on supporting his argument. Leave it to Cal to post completely pointless posts with no bearing on the OP topic he can't support...

The point isn't about the data being presented, it's about the fact that it's just put there with no source whatsoever.

The bigger point, though, is that this only represents the US. It's global warming, and global temperatures are steadily rising.

The point isn't about the data being presented, it's about the fact that it's just put there with no source whatsoever.

The bigger point, though, is that this only represents the US. It's global warming, and global temperatures are steadily rising.

Well of course, but the rest of the world isn't as vulnerable to the guilt trip as the US and is less likely to pony up a pile of cash...

:D

WSS

We're also have some of the lowest math and science scores on standardized tests..

And this...

[imh]http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Views_on_Evolution.svg[/img]

Yes we do Woody.

But, (and I saw this chart on the McLaughlin Group even though I can't find it on the web to post for you so you can believe it or not), if you take African Americans and Hispanics out of the bell curve the United States of America ranks in the top 2 in the world. So there's that.

you are free to believe that or not.

WSS

Yes we do Woody.

But, (and I saw this chart on the McLaughlin Group even though I can't find it on the web to post for you so you can believe it or not), if you take African Americans and Hispanics out of the bell curve the United States of America ranks in the top 2 in the world. So there's that.

you are free to believe that or not.

WSS

I'd like to see that. I'm sure it comes more down to removing our poorest citizens with less access to a good education, not so much their race.

Point is, general public opinion shouldn't outweigh the scientific community. But in our govt, it does.

He doesn't get it. I'm even seeing him post links that he has before, and they've been debunked, but he still doesn't get it.

That's the kind of person I'd want blindly supporting my group...

I'd like to see that. I'm sure it comes more down to removing our poorest citizens with less access to a good education, not so much their race.

Point is, general public opinion shouldn't outweigh the scientific community. But in our govt, it does.

I've seen the statistics that Steve's talking about before, but I suspect that yes, it's about removing the uneducated lower classes, the demography of which is skewed to minorities.

Well sure. Also keep in mind that the Hispanics are speaking English as a second language so there is a definite problem for them. Not to mention the fact that most come from Mexico with very little education to begin with. The inner cities are a given for poor educational standards. But it is what it is and helps to explain the skewed numbers saying the United States sucks.

WSS

Well sure. Also keep in mind that the Hispanics are speaking English as a second language so there is a definite problem for them. Not to mention the fact that most come from Mexico with very little education to begin with. The inner cities are a given for poor educational standards. But it is what it is and helps to explain the skewed numbers saying the United States sucks.

WSS

Well, I'm also in the boat that says that graph I posted also explains why we seem to be behind other countries in some scientific issues.

Second language, poor students with little to no access to good education... But also home school kids who's parents have no idea what they're doing (obviously much smaller number), kids from the suburbs that are just lazy, etc.

Any, getting off topic. Point is that America's general population's opinion on a scientific matter should not outweigh the actual scientific community

I say it has nothing to do with access to better education. It has to do with a certain demographic of people eschewing education completely.

Teachers at JFK get the same degrees and take the same courses and need to get the same grades as those in Strongsville Norton Manchester Bay Village where the fuck ever. And yes we are getting way off topic. Maybe we will start another thread about that stuff.

WSS

I say it has nothing to do with access to better education. It has to do with a certain demographic of people eschewing education completely.

Teachers at JFK get the same degrees and take the same courses and need to get the same grades as those in Strongsville Norton Manchester Bay Village where the fuck ever. And yes we are getting way off topic. Maybe we will start another thread about that stuff.

WSS

It's a joint effort between the students, parents, and teachers. The environment in which they learn matters too. Also, I really doubt inner city public school teachers are as good of teachers as those in wealthier, suburban areas. On average.

But ya, a new thread works.

IOW's....

the rate of warming is FALLING, even though CO2 is increasing. Go figure.

figure that labelling CO2 as a poison that is causing global warming is a bunch of crap.

Meanwhile, we should be concerned about global cooling:

http://notrickszone.com/2013/04/05/russian-scientist-warns-global-temperatures-to-fall-1-5c-by-2050-and-global-cooling-refuges/

Yes, libs always change the subject when you disagree with their nonsense.

Which is exactly what you did when I asked about source material for the OP. You started talking about arctic sea ice, and then hopped on Cysko's butthurt thing.

But let's not let that get in the way of some good ol' fashioned commie-bashing.

Cal that is not really good data to use to make your point, % US HCN stations would need to include locations and how many where there each year. Here is better slightly better information for your point. This year in the US has been the "Coldest" so far through the end of september in the last 14 years(first chart), but is still above the average 1901-2000. However globally it has been the warmest(2nd chart). http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cag/time-series/global

Download: xml-icon.gif csv-icon.png json-icon.png
Dates Value Rank Anomaly (55.08°F)
1901-2000 Base Period 200001 - 200009 57.52°F 13 2.44°F 200101 - 200109 56.27°F 9 1.19°F 200201 - 200209 56.62°F 10 1.54°F 200301 - 200309 56.10°F 8 1.02°F 200401 - 200409 55.86°F 3 0.78°F 200501 - 200509 56.73°F 12 1.65°F 200601 - 200609 57.53°F 14 2.45°F 200701 - 200709 56.66°F 11 1.58°F 200801 - 200809 55.31°F 2 0.23°F 200901 - 200909 55.86°F 3 0.78°F 201001 - 201009 56.10°F 7 1.02°F 201101 - 201109 56.00°F 6 0.92°F 201201 - 201209 58.84°F 15 3.76°F 201301 - 201309 55.88°F 5 0.80°F 201401 - 201409 55.25°F 1 0.17°F

Download: xml-icon.gif csv-icon.png json-icon.png Year Anomaly Rank 2000 0.47°C 1 2001 0.54°C 3 2002 0.64°C 13 2003 0.60°C 10 2004 0.56°C 5 2005 0.64°C 13 2006 0.57°C 6 2007 0.62°C 11 2008 0.48°C 2 2009 0.59°C 8 2010 0.67°C 14 2011 0.54°C 3 2012 0.57°C 6 2013 0.60°C 10 2014 0.68°C 15

Nice job, Sad, I don't know the source data. I'm not the author of the story.

I don't diss the author as being a liar, like birdbrain surely does, even though

I'm not reading his posts.

I know he has. It seems to depend on what stretch of years/decades/centures that

these graphs/studies represent.

My entire objection to the global warming crap, is that there are conflicting groups of evidence,

and falsehoods all too often, to warrant voting for dems, or to allow ourselves to be taxed

out the wazoo because of it.

It's stupid. Libs want to whine and get all outraged over "hysteria" .... over this and that.

But they have been doing the hysteria thing over this alleged global warming.

I mean, even if our global temps were climbing higher significantly, it's the man made thing

that makes libs' contentions a farce. Sure, CO2 is rising, that's a fact. But the temps fall, and...

what ? Scientists are dumbfounded by the last nearly 20 years of failure to warm. Some scientists

are now thinking a cooling off.

My whole idea, is that the "man made" was for political gain, accrual of wealth, and control

over peoples' lives.

The "man made" proof is the farce, outside of the destruction of millions and millions of virgin

rainforests.

The man made global warming move was even admitted by that U.N. official I posted about

long ago - without it, there would be no hope of having the money to redistribute to poor countries.

That is why, even the kyoto treaty was such a farce - poor countries didn't have to abide by it.

Why? Of course - it's wealth redistribution that is the goal. Libs don't grasp much common sense.

How freakin stupid is that? But we have lib nitwillies who emotionally buy into it, anyways.

I will side with the people I know and trust on the subject. They understand it far better than I do and are not prone to bullshitting. One of them is the state climatologist for WV. He firmly believes that man made global warming is legitimate. He has no horse in the race. In fact, he could lose out big time because coal money has a hand in everything here.

I know that is purely anecdotal. I won't sit here and try to argue about it. I don't see either side giving ground. Just throwing my take on it out there.

Cal, we've gone down this road many times before. Posters here have explained to you aspects you didn't understand or debunked your supposed "facts" against climate change literally dozens of times before. If you choose to ignore the posts, ignore the data, ignore the articles... there's nothing anyone can do. Sadly though, you get the same amount of say as an experienced climatologist. That's not how we should operate when it comes to social scientific issues.

Large corporations with something to lose can pump money into places like the Heartland Institute, make it seem legitimate, make it political, and then get the sheep from one party or another to vote for it. It's pathetic and a major flaw in our govt system.

There isn't conflicting evidence. There is a small number of people being paid to skew data so that it can be interpreted as "conflicting". Example, using just the US, or cherry picking the time line... or, using whatever data they want and not even sourcing it.

You seem to think there is some debate here, there is not. Please don't post your lists of "experts" that think climate change is fake again... we've gone through them all enough times and have pointed out why they aren't "experts". If anything, look at my post from somewhere that described all the steps of a science denier and what their playbook is. You follow that shit to a point.

+1 for "virgin rainforest" reference. That's apparently one of your catchphrases...

For more helpfulness:

Contiguous U.S., Average Temperature, January-September
Units: Degrees Fahrenheit
Base Period: 1901-2000
Date,Value,Anomaly

Global Land and Ocean Temperature Anomalies, January-September
Units: Degrees Celsius
Year,Value
2000 0.47
2001 0.54
2002 0.64
2003 0.60