THE BROWNS BOARD

Boston public school teaching "Only god is allah"

WalterWhite

lol, really? Really?

I'm guessing this is just a world history class. You learn about other religions because they impact history...

But this guy probably got plenty of hits on that article from dumbasses. So good for him. He knows how to play the system.

We shouldn't teach Christianity in history class either I take it then...

If they want their kids to be completely isolated from the world and knowledge in general, send them to a private, religious school.

lol, really? Really?

I'm guessing this is just a world history class. You learn about other religions because they impact history...

But this guy probably got plenty of hits on that article from dumbasses. So good for him. He knows how to play the system.

We shouldn't teach Christianity in history class either I take it then...

If they want their kids to be completely isolated from the world and knowledge in general, send them to a private, religious school.

You are the most disingenuous cocksucker and contradict yourself on a continual basis it's nearly impossible to take you seriously.

Not only are you embarrassing but the way you present your arguments is fruity and irritating.

Public Education in America is AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL. (please watch Michio Kaku on Youtube describe this problem)

How about we emphasize math, science, ENGINEERING, and classes beneficial to the progress of this species and leave religion out of schools ENTIRELY.

If you want to pray (have a special room or time for that) but quit with your semantics games of acting like this badass edgy science dude about progress and atheism then defend Islam any opportunity you get.

Just like every Liberal, instead of being innovative and ground breaking, you're a guilt ridden politically correct twat who offers nothing but useless rhetoric.

You are the most disingenuous cocksucker and contradict yourself on a continual basis it's nearly impossible to take you seriously.

Not only are you embarrassing but the way you present your arguments is fruity and irritating.

Public Education in America is AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL. (please watch Michio Kaku on Youtube describe this problem)

How about we emphasize math, science, ENGINEERING, and classes beneficial to the progress of this species and leave religion out of schools ENTIRELY.

If you want to pray (have a special room or time for that) but quit with your semantics games of acting like this badass edgy science dude about progress and atheism then defend Islam any opportunity you get.

Just like every Liberal, instead of being innovative and ground breaking, you're a guilt ridden politically correct twat who offers nothing but useless rhetoric.

are you Retarded? I really think you might be...

Dude, I got an engineering degree... I'm all for more math and science classes. Did I ever say I wasn't? NO, I didn't. You just read what you want then go on one of your little rants.

Did I ever say our public schools were great compared to other countries? No. We lack in math and science in particular. I was lucky to have a pretty good school to go to and was able to be challenged and succeed. I don't think all public schools are trash, and the students/parents themselves also have some of the blame.

But you don't REMOVE history class. Everyone still has to learn about the past. It is important. Learn from our mistakes. Learn how things got to how they are now. Etc etc. Now, I don't think it is as important as math and science classes, but you still need it.

And you know what is apart of all history classes? Religion. That includes the religions you don't like. I'm not defending religion. But you still have to learn about it. It can help future generations learn just how pointless it was.

You think this is praying? Did you read any part of that clearly biased article? It is just a part of a textbook. It isn't praying you moron.

I'm not "Defending Islam". I'm defending common sense. Tell me where I've defended one religion over the other. Tell me where I've said we need to remove Christianity completely from history class? Oh that's right, you can't.

So shove it up your ass you hate filled, pissy old man. Take your dumbass, racist, bigot self someone else. Or, oh, idk, actually read what I post. That might be a good start.

So shove it up your ass you hate filled, pissy old man. Take your dumbass, racist, bigot self someone else.

You sound like a classic tolerant open minded Liberal by telling me to "shove it up my ass"

Anyone who disagrees is a "hate filled, racist, bigot'.

You debate like a total fucking faggot

Religion needs removed from Pubic School Period.

However, Liberals don't want to remove Islam from school, that might be considered Islamaphobic.

I meant from life in general.

IMO, kids should learn about the major religions, and that's all that was happening here. They weren't saying "there is no god but allah, we must all praise allah, allah is almighty," they were in fact saying "looking at islam, we can see that they believe this:" I'd fully expect them to have the same breakdown for Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism & Judaism, as is the case in pretty much every school in a developed country around the world.

I don't disagree, but there need to be other things to make a rounded individual.

THAT IS EXACTLY THE PROBLEM WITH EDUCATION.

stop trying to make kids "well rounded"

Maybe some kids aren't good at certain subjects. Maybe some kids suck balls at writing and are great at biology.

Maybe some kids want to dance, do art, or cook but instead their GPA suffers because they aren't good at "English"

You are stripping them over their individuality and talents and conforming them to be 'well rounded"

Find your fucking NICHE' and you stick with it.

Well rounded is for fucking cunts

There's enough history to teach class on without touching in religion. Let them take a religion class in college if you want to go there. Personally I don't give a crap but I don't want public school educators feeding my kids some line of religious bullshit whether it's Muhammed bullshit or Jesus bullshit

There's enough history to teach class on without touching in religion. Let them take a religion class in college if you want to go there. Personally I don't give a crap but I don't want public school educators feeding my kids some line of religious bullshit whether it's Muhammed bullshit or Jesus bullshit

It's difficult to teach history without teaching religion.

You sound like a classic tolerant open minded Liberal by telling me to "shove it up my ass"

Anyone who disagrees is a "hate filled, racist, bigot'.

You debate like a total fucking faggot

You aren't hate filled because you disagree with me. You are hate filled because you are hate filled. End of story.

You think this is a debate? HAHAHAHA. Your first post in response to me was full of insults. I'll respond in the manner I was responded to.

Religion is a pretty major factor in history. It may have shaped the world today more than anything else. It probably has in fact.

Michael Jordan can't play the Trumpet and Louis Armstrong can't dunk a basketball.

PLAY TO A KIDS FUCKING STRENGTHS instead of conforming them to be "well rounded" to what academia deems appropriate.

What are you even yelling about now? What does this have to do with the OP?

Look, I don't completely disagree... but you are just ranting to rant now. You aren't going to remove history or english from a school curriculum just because they dont like it...

What are you even yelling about now? What does this have to do with the OP?

Look, I don't completely disagree... but you are just ranting to rant now. You aren't going to remove history or english from a school curriculum just because they dont like it...

Because you don't pigeon-hole a 12 y/o as soon as they show some kind of aptitude for anything.

Honors English :blink:

uuuhhh.... ya? Unless you're acting like this online forum is a perfect representation of someones ability to speak, lol. In which case you, along with some others, should be worried.

Idk what the issue is here. Took that shit all through school. Was like 5th in my high school class. Blah blah blah (I know you guys hate it when I say all that)

No you don't have to teach religion. You can touch on it but you don't need to teach it to teach history

You kind of do though. You need to teach what each religion believes to understand what is going on. It means nothing to say "religion A doesnt like religion B" if you dont know why they dont like each other.

No kid has ever been converted in a boring ass history class talking about religion that day. If that happened, we'd have some people still believing in Thor or Zeus.

You kind of do though. You need to teach what each religion believes to understand what is going on. It means nothing to say "religion A doesnt like religion B" if you dont know why they dont like each other.

No kid has ever been converted in a boring ass history class talking about religion that day. If that happened, we'd have some people still believing in Thor or Zeus.

There's a lot more to history than which religious group hates which and why

There's a lot more to history than which religious group hates which and why

of course there is, but religion has played a major role in our history. You can't just ignore it in history class. And you can't just name the religion without at least explaining what its about.

Archived