THE BROWNS BOARD

Joe Biden's son kicked out of Navy for cocaine

WalterWhite

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I don't think your average cake eater will understand the motivations of the maniacs who are able to make the cut for the elite in the military.Woody was showing his upbringing a hair when he came off that way. He admitted that he knew that he was being a dick from the jump.

Like I said, it was all in who I was responding to and how they respond to me.

Also, tho thread has pretty much seemed to go with my initial assumptions /beliefs.

"It takes people with no better options. Or you were tricked by one of the "awesome, badass" commercials. Or you have a family history of it. Or... maybe a few just really love America that much....."

You said this which is makes you an asshole.

Do you mind if I ask how old you are? In general, at least about this subject you have no idea what you're talking about. I was able to go to Ohio University business school where my parents paid my first year. I was then able BECAUSE OF THE MILITARY to go to Ohio State University without having any student debt. My parents told me that they could pay for my school but I saw that as a waste of money and the military as a way of independence, understanding what being a man is, and not using a hand out.

You're assertion that the military might help you go to a community college is fucking dumb. My co-pilot went to Santa Clara he grew up in Monterrey California, he by no means was tough on luck ... Ahead of me in my chain of command? Air Force Academy, Georgetown, VMI, Ohio State and the Citadel.

You may be very knowledgable about some of the topics on this forum, I don't come on here too often so I don't know but here you have no idea.

I said it may help you go somewhere better than a community college.

I'm 22.

Again, I explained the assholeishness and if you came here enough you'd understand where I'm coming from.

Also, you may be the exception. It seems like most other posters, either directly or indirectly, have agreed with me or helped prove my point. I'm sorry if it offended you, but I was stating what I've seen, and for the most part, read. It seems like some other posters have as well.

uuhhh... the recruiters at our school were happy to get anyone that would listen to them...

As far as the Nuclear Engineer thing, based on the calls, mail, email, etc.... I think they were really looking for people too.

But anyway, I'd never do it. That would be me just throwing my future away.

A second cousin was a Nuke Eng early 1980s to early 1990s. After leaving the navy, he has had a successful engineering and management career. The U.S.S. Navy Nuke E program let him write his own ticket after he got out.

It is much like college - certain fields translate to good jobs after getting out. Other majors, not so much.

I switched out of NE my freshman year shortly after the disaster in Japan. I went to a town hall meeting with professors and important people in the industry and they believed it would hold the industry back ten years. Between that and the sense of "specialization" involved with the degree, I decided to go ME to do something more broad.

Archived