THE BROWNS BOARD

ACLU reverses its opinion on RFRA

http://reason.com/blog/2015/06/29/the-aclu-now-opposes-religious-freedom-b

I personally don't like if someone discriminates against someone else for their sexual preference but at the same time no one should be forced to do something they don't want to do with their own business. The ACLU is full of shit on this one. You can't pick and choose which groups you are o.k. with exercising their religious freedoms. They are willing to fight for the KKK to be able to rally but change their opinion on this subject when it is politically convenient.

http://reason.com/blog/2015/06/29/the-aclu-now-opposes-religious-freedom-b

I personally don't like if someone discriminates against someone else for their sexual preference but at the same time no one should be forced to do something they don't want to do with their own business. The ACLU is full of shit on this one. You can't pick and choose which groups you are o.k. with exercising their religious freedoms. They are willing to fight for the KKK to be able to rally but change their opinion on this subject when it is politically convenient.

Even though I didn't much care for the ACLU supporting the KKK right to rally I respected what they did on principal. They have lost that respect now. I thought their whole point was protecting rights for all just not those they agree with? They have shown themselves to be hypocrites.

Even though I didn't much care for the ACLU supporting the KKK right to rally I respected what they did on principal. They have lost that respect now. I thought their whole point was protecting rights for all just not those they agree with? They have shown themselves to be hypocrites.

That was the point I was trying to make. They used to be willing to go to bat even for people that no wanted to go to bat for. Now they are just choosing to ignore laws so long as they fit their agenda.

The ACLU is pandering to the left, where the activist money

and the president is.

and the Supreme Court is.

and the president and most all dems are. Blacks are always the poor victims,

and the fringe left has Obamao's belligerent and arrogant support.

the ACLU is following the money.

Virginia ACLU Celebrates U.S. Supreme Court Decision
ABC 13 LynchburgJun 26 08:53 AM
Richmond, VA - The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) in Virginia is celebrating the SCOTUS decision made Thursday to give lesbian and gay couples the right to marry.

The thing is that they used to not do that. Fighting for the Klan's right to rally in Chicago was not something that was going to endear themselves to just about everyone and especially left leaning folks. They did it anyway because they were sticking to the letter of the law when it came to freedoms, no matter the person trying to exercise those freedoms.

The ACLU also seemed to be putting principal before ideology when they came against many on the left especially on college campuses who were trying to ban conservative speakers. The answer they said is not to ban speech you don't agree with but counter it with more speech.

Giving up principals over ideology which they are now doing is a big loss for them.

Archived