THE BROWNS BOARD

Wknr - Browns Looking For Kolb Or Hasselbeck

BrownsKidd

Heard it this morning on just a news blurb. They weren't really talking about it, but reports are that the Browns are looking Kolb or Hasselbeck. Not sure how I feel about this. I guess I would rather have Hasselbeck due to his veteran experience and his knowledge of the WCO. But man, I just see another Delhomme. A veteran that is on the downturn of his career. I would still would like to see Tannehill or maybe Weeden in the draft, but only if they are 2 or 3 rounders.

But we have a chance to really score in this draft, hopefully my "ehh" feeling about the whole team will improve afterwards.

Good old Hass, has never great, but have fn grit about him. If you get him cheap on a 2 yr deal, then get him. Also i just dont know why Kolb is even in the mix. Another also, if we get neither of these qbs and go with Colt, how do you think his mentality heading into this season is going to be? Its like we are already setting ourselfs back before the season starts.

Do we really want Seneca on the roster still? The guy seems like a locker room cancer from what I've heard in his interviews. That being said, who cares which QB we get this year. The ones that are left are only slightly better than Colt. I'd rather not break the bank for any of them.

I just can't understand why we would want to run out and grab either an unproven QB or one that is well past his prime when we have a young and unproven QB already on the team. Colt has had one season as the starter, and he was given a half-assed training camp and no offensive weapons to work with. Kolb would have fared no better here last season than Colt did. Not many QB's would have fared any better. If this report is true, I hope it is Hasselbeck that is brought in to mentor Colt in the WCO.

I'm willing to give Colt another year with our new drafts picks and Howdy Doody Shurmur actually learning something (maybe not much) from his numerous mistakes last season.

Like was said before, why get an aging mediocre Vet when we have a young mediocre qb?

Of course Holmgren is going to think strongly about bringing in Hasselbeck....as he was one of his prime students of the WCO when they were together in Seattle and went to the Super Bowl together.

That was why Wallace was here. But it seems perhaps that Wallace wants nothing to do with the "mentor" role, so perhaps Hasselbek would be more willing to mentor Colt....and/or the QB the Browns plan to take in this upcoming draft.

Lets face it: Holmgren is far more comfortable grooming a lower round/lower rated QB project than he is a top flight prospect at that position:

Montana, 3rd round pick

Young, supplemental draft

Favre, traded, originally 2d round pick

Hasselbeck, 6th round pick originally, traded.

That is why it is not beyond the realm of possibility that they may still be in the Matt Flynn market, or why they may be perfectly happy to take a QB in the later rounds.

Either way, it is highly possible that Wallace's days here may be numbered.

Hasslebeck's at the end of line, makes no sense.

I could see Kolb or Flynn ... depending on our front office's judgment of them and their judgment of Colt ... I really have a handle on neither, although I know they aren't married to Colt.

Zombo

Archived