THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Board All Time NFL Draft

The Gipper

I pick Joe Montana SF 49ers.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm selecting the GREATEST NFL QB that has ever played the game. Otto Graham, QB of the Browns Dynasty.

My newborn son was born on July 14th and we named him: Otto Glen Stephenson. :)

I'm selecting the GREATEST NFL QB that has ever played the game. Otto Graham, QB of the Browns Dynasty.

That a Boy Poe!! Tell'em how it is! THE DAMN GREATEST QB EVER!!.Otto-Otto-Otto!!.& don't you forget it.. High five on that newBorn!! Otto BEST DAMN NAME IN THE LAND..Congrats!! (wheres my air horn?)

Moss took plays off. The Jets said that "they could tell the ball wasnt going to be a pass play to Moss because he didnt bother to sell the route" Moss would stroll back to the huddle when he wanted.NE put up with his crap because he was Randy Moss.

Jerry Rice said "what drove him was fear of failure." Before he became a pro and famous, Larry Bird used to practice basketball ball in the rain alone back home in Indiana. Later on, someone asked him "why are you always out there in the rain shooting the ball?: Bird said "because I always thought that someone else was working harder than me"

And Sen. Bill Bradley, who was bright enough to become a Rhodes Scholar from Princeton, also spent 6 hours a day shooting baskets besides spending the rest of his time also studying and going to classes. Championship ring as a starter for the Knicks and eventually a US Senator.

I think we have another just as dedicated to be the best there is by hard work every possible moment every day-Myles Garrett. I do not expect to ever see him take a play off when fully healthy. My hope is that this is the example he leads the Browns by when they all know as a "star" he could loaf now and then. Bruce Smith is teaching him how to be a pro in every sense of the word. Got to be a spillover effect for the rest of the team.

You didn't put a leather helmet on him did you?

Moss over Rice? LMAO. What next Whoopie over Selena Gomez?

Not that I really care, but didnt you predict Bradys demise before the Super Bowl?

I see no signs of him slowing down.

You see no signs? Dude, he needed Immaculate miracles on both sides of the ball to get the win. THe first half of the SB? THAT is Brady. He is an old man. He thinks he is going to play 5 more years?

His reflexes are slowed. Go watch the SB over. He missed more passes than he ever has, He holds on to the ball, and he makes a lot of bad throws. He got lucky. He won't see another.

Just watch, dude, just watch.

No one owns all time supremacy at their position like Jerry Rice.

Jerry Rice brings coffee to Jim Brown.

You must have watched the Super Bowl through a Zaya rum bottle.

Some games Brady is on fire and cant miss a pass. Some games Brady couldnt hit Rosie ODonnell in the ass with a football.

I could complain that the Giants beat NE in 2 Super Bowls on miracle plays, but that is BS. The Tyree catch wasnt a TD to win the game with 2 seconds on the clock. The NY Giants executed, case closed. Edelmans catch was out of the redzone and no TD. The Falcons had plenty of plays to win that game. A hail Mary is a miracle play to win the game. The Patriots executed to win the game.

Ghoolie you make these statements without facts to support your comments.

1st half Brady was 61% passing

2nd half Brady was 73% passing

Brady missed more passes than he ever has? The Patriots adjusted at the half and the Falcons could not counter.

Let's be certain....Brady is 5-2 in Super Bowls, and while yes, he could be 7-0......he could just as easily have been 0-7.

Not a single one of the Pats Super Bowl victories was a blowout. All were last second wins essentially. Two on last second FGs by Vinatieri (if he had gone Scott Norwood...they Pats may have lost those games). The last two came courtesy of some of the worst coaching/play calling in the history of the sport by the opposing coach (give the ball to Marshawn...Seahawks win...and several other plays last year.

The Pats margins of victory in their SB wins have been: 3 pts (Rams) 3 pts (Panthers) 3 pts (Eagles) 4 pts (Seahawks) 6 pts in OT (Falcons). Of course, they also lost by just 3 pts and 4 pts., both to the Giants.

But, of course, just getting there 7 times and pulling those close games out is a sign of greatness. But....note this: On August 3rd...just 3 days from now TB turns the big 4-0. And only ONE QB in history has ever started a playoff game in his 40s.....and guess who that was?

Whle likely if anyone can keep their shit together at his "advanced age" for a football player...it is TB......but...you never know. Maybe Ghoolie is right....and the end is nigh for the Golden Boy...err...Golden middle aged man.

The Big Finn.....Suomi is still on the clock

I never realized that being clutch when the chips are down is a bad thing. As a Browns fan you know all about Elway coming back to win.

Not saying its a bad thing....just saying that on some occasions....he got lucky. If Pete Carroll had not pulled the biggest boner in American sports history....TB does not win that game. (and to me....the final result...the ultimate reason that the Pats did not win that game had nothing to do with TB...though he gets credit.....and rightfully he deserves credit for most of his teams wins....just not that one)

Seattle was allowing 17 total points per game. Brady hung 14 points on them in the 2nd half of the Super Bowl.

Irregardless...it was Pete Carroll who TB should send flowers to for that win.

Most NFL fans think that Brady just lights up the scoreboard every game and every win is because of Bradys greatness. Some of Bradys best plays are throwing the ball away on 3rd down and either punting or kicking the FG. Brady goes 3 and out plenty of times in a game. Smart football is what he is best at and reading defenses and getting NE into the right play for success if executed properly.

Well....nearly every win they have IS because of his greatness....and what you describe...throwing a ball away etc. is simply part of that...so don't short change him there.

I could post a laundry list of "ifs" "mights" "coulds" regarding Brady losses. The other team played better and won. If they won by 1 point it doesnt matter until the NFL starts deciding games by style points. Maybe Ghoolie is wrong?

I said the "ifs" go both ways. And it isn't just Brady that got either lucky or unlucky. (Bernie Kosar in theory shoulda/coulda played in two Super Bowls...etc.

The 40 QB was either George Blanda or Otto Graham cracker.

NO on either. OG retired very young in fact: he was only 33 in his last season in 1955. While Blanda played until he was 48, it was mostly as a kicker/backup QB. While he started and won two championships with the Oilers...he was under 40...he never started a playoff game after he turned 40 (though he did play in some...in relief)

Suomi is still on the clock

I like how Seattle did not get lucky on the reception of the Seattle's foot caught as he was falling down to even get in the red zone. Remember the Seattle vs GB game where Seattle needed to have an onside kick, 2 pt conversion and other plays to beat GB in the playoffs? Seattle made all those lucky plays I guess.

You make your own luck.

Everyone says that Lynch would have won the game. What if he was stopped short?

Those other plays may have been luck....but they were not luck that came out of the complete stupidity of the decisions by the other team. Brady didn't make any of his own luck on that deal. (though you can say that the DB...Malcom whatshisname...certainly did).

And if Lynch had not gotten in, I believe the Seahawks still had another TO...and they could have called that and tried again. Throwing that Int. though made that extra TO irrelevant.

Suomi is still on the clock

You must have watched the Super Bowl through a Zaya rum bottle.

Some games Brady is on fire and cant miss a pass. Some games Brady couldnt hit Rosie ODonnell in the ass with a football.

I could complain that the Giants beat NE in 2 Super Bowls on miracle plays, but that is BS. The Tyree catch wasnt a TD to win the game with 2 seconds on the clock. The NY Giants executed, case closed. Edelmans catch was out of the redzone and no TD. The Falcons had plenty of plays to win that game. A hail Mary is a miracle play to win the game. The Patriots executed to win the game.

Ghoolie you make these statements without facts to support your comments.

1st half Brady was 61% passing

2nd half Brady was 73% passing

Brady missed more passes than he ever has? The Patriots adjusted at the half and the Falcons could not counter.

Brady was lucky, A fucking Immaculate reception kept him in the game. Fuck Brady, I hope he dies.

Let me know when Jim Brown does that.

JB won 5 in a row, then Jim Taylor won one year, then JB won 3 more in a row. He won 8 out of 9 seasons.

Only two other players in history have matched the 3 in a row in rushing titles: Earl Campbell and Emmitt Smith.

Jim Browns 8 total rushing titles are double of what anyone else has ever done:

Emmit Smith, Barry Sanders, Eric Dickerson, OJ Simpson, and Steve Van Buren won 4 rushing titles each.

Earl Campbell, Adrian Peterson and Joe Perry won 3 each

The following won 2 each: Whizzer White, Spec Sanders, Marion Motley, Leroy Kelley, LaDanian Tomlinson, Jim Nance, Gale Sayers, Edgerrin James, Cookie Gilchrist, Cliff Battles and Bill Dudley.

There is glaring omission from the above: Walter Payton only won 1 NFL rushing title in his entire career. I would not have guessed that.

E Manning was lucky. The Tyree catch kept him in the game.

Oakland was lucky. Rutagliano called red right 88 and Sipe didnt throw it in lake Erie.

Phil Simms was lucky, the Bills kicker missed the FG that would have won the SB.

Elway was lucky. Byner fumbled.

We can go back and analyze every NFL game and find lucky reasons for the win.

Belcihick and the NE staff are the idiots. Cant they see that Brady is all done?

Belichick IS an idiot....at least we can agree about that. (but he may be an idiot for reasons we are not talking about here).

Maybe Belichick is just lucky?

Before you tell me about Brady in the 6th round, Bob Kraft loved Drew Bledsoe and the Patriots just signed him to a $100 million dollar contract. Belichick was forced to go along with it, but internally he was sick of Bledsoe and his antics.

He was lucky that they got Tom Brady, absolutely no doubt about it. What if the Browns had taken him instead like 3 picks earlier, and the Pats had gotten Spergon Wynn. Purely serendipitous.

With the 10th pick in the Browns Board All Time NFL Draft, Suomi selects: Bo Jackson, with an injury-free 10+ year career

I can't disagree with that potential, but it's a stretch since he went out early. We will never really know.

Archived