THE BROWNS BOARD

WHOA NAVY 46 #6 Houston 40 Final! NCAA WK 6

mjp28

WHOA NAVY 46 #6 Houston 40 Final!

I'm so glad Houston is essentially out of the final four talk now being that besides beating a not top 15-20 material OKL team at home they play NOBODY!

And yes I'm a tad partial toward NAVY, my dad was a WWII and Korea NAVY guy.

GO NAVY!

.....I do like college football, better than the pros most of the time. :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AND I'm watching ALA 42-17 3rd qtr taking apart #16 ARK, ooohhh brutal.

And Todd had it 1.OSU 2.ALA? I don't think so at least now, on a neutral field ALA -9' and might win by more, we'll see in a few months.

AND I'm watching ALA 42-17 3rd qtr taking apart #16 ARK, ooohhh brutal.

And Todd had it 1.OSU 2.ALA? I don't think so at least now, on a neutral field ALA -9' and might win by more, we'll see in a few months.

Late in the game Todd did reverse himself 1. ALA 2. OSU, originally he figured Barnett was the OSU difference, ALA has a monster D And running game....still a way to go yet.

After watching OSU/Ind yesterday, I think Michigan beats Urban Cryer and his boys.

No doubt it isn't the LLLLLLoyd days at "m" anymore things are looking up for the big 2 now little 12 (used to be 8 at one time). But that's the way it should be right?

And maybe Urban is crying because his only the 5th highest paid college coach behind:

1. Mr. Personally Saban $7.1M

2. Mr. Somewhat Strange Harbaugh $7.0M

3. Bob Stoops $5.4M

4. Jimbo Fisher, how'd he get in? $5.?M

5. The best going right now (not in ALA) The Urban Legend to you "m" boys & girls $5M and change

After watching OSU/Ind yesterday, I think Michigan beats Urban Cryer and his boys.

Indiana is actually decent. The two hardest teams on Michigan's schedule (not counting OSU) seemed to be Iowa and MSU in the preseason. Now its looking like Wisco and Indiana

We did just fine against OSU during the Carr Era (cuz Cooper).

I think you meant to refer to the RRod and Hoke eras

No it was my friend Tress vs LLLLLLoyd, (BTW Lloyd Carr was a fine gentleman but got whacked by OSU under Tressel.)

..... Lloyd Carr won four of his first five games against the Buckeyes, including two upset victories that ruined the national title hopes of Ohio State teams ranked second in the country. Jim Tressel was the fifth OSU coach to win his first game against Michigan and only the second to hold a 2-0 advantage over the Wolverines. Carr won a national championship in his third season. Tressel did him one better by winning the BCS title in his second.

Carr gained his first win over Tressel in 2003. Tressel's Buckeyes salvaged a disappointing 2004 season by upsetting Michigan and depriving the Wolverines of an outright Big Ten title. The Buckeyes came from behind in 2005 to give Tressel his fourth win in the series and assure Ohio State a tie for the conference title. In 2006, the series' first showdown between #1 and #2 rated teams, OSU held on for 42-39 victory.

In what would be Lloyd Carr's final game at Michigan Stadium, the Buckeyes clinched a third straight Big Ten title with a 14-3 win, giving Tressel a 9-1 record against Michigan. The Buckeyes 42-7 win in 2008 was their largest margin of victory since 1968's 36 point advantage. In the final game at the "old Michigan Stadium" in 2009, a big contingent of OSU fans saw the Buckeyes roll to a 21-10 win. The 2010 game opened with a scoreless first quarter and Michigan pulled within three at 10-7 in the second quarter. Jordan Hall returned the ensuing kickoff 85 yards for a touchdown to set a Buckeye series record. OSU ran off 27 unanswered points to secure a dominating 37-7 win......

Wisconsin held Michigan to 14 last week. Michigan came in cocky as fuck last year and got sent home with a black eye 42-13. I'm not worried about them at this time. They do look good though no doubt about that.

No it was my friend Tress vs LLLLLLoyd, (BTW Lloyd Carr was a fine gentleman but got whacked by OSU under Tressel.)

..... Lloyd Carr won four of his first five games against the Buckeyes, including two upset victories that ruined the national title hopes of Ohio State teams ranked second in the country. Jim Tressel was the fifth OSU coach to win his first game against Michigan and only the second to hold a 2-0 advantage over the Wolverines. Carr won a national championship in his third season. Tressel did him one better by winning the BCS title in his second.

Carr gained his first win over Tressel in 2003. Tressel's Buckeyes salvaged a disappointing 2004 season by upsetting Michigan and depriving the Wolverines of an outright Big Ten title. The Buckeyes came from behind in 2005 to give Tressel his fourth win in the series and assure Ohio State a tie for the conference title. In 2006, the series' first showdown between #1 and #2 rated teams, OSU held on for 42-39 victory.

In what would be Lloyd Carr's final game at Michigan Stadium, the Buckeyes clinched a third straight Big Ten title with a 14-3 win, giving Tressel a 9-1 record against Michigan. The Buckeyes 42-7 win in 2008 was their largest margin of victory since 1968's 36 point advantage. In the final game at the "old Michigan Stadium" in 2009, a big contingent of OSU fans saw the Buckeyes roll to a 21-10 win. The 2010 game opened with a scoreless first quarter and Michigan pulled within three at 10-7 in the second quarter. Jordan Hall returned the ensuing kickoff 85 yards for a touchdown to set a Buckeye series record. OSU ran off 27 unanswered points to secure a dominating 37-7 win......

I didn't realize the Carr era started when Tressel took over.

Youngstown Boys, am I right? Wink wink nudge nudge

I didn't realize the Carr era started when Tressel took over.

Youngstown Boys, am I right? Wink wink nudge nudge

Actually the Carr Era was already started but doomed when the Tressel era started, Tress 9-1 (.900) became the all time winningest coach in that rivalry on either side.

Y-town, oh yeah I started at USSteel when I was 18 in 1969 after my first year at YSU, turned out to be a good move for me. Youngstown was a fun place before 1977-1981 when all of the big steel companies closed and they lost ~50,000 good paying jobs.

I started back on my MBA at YSU in 1979 but I was going back anyway.

No, right, Jim Harbaugh and Michigan came in totally humble. I didn't hear a thing about how last year was their year.

I don't know any Michigan fan that legitimately thought last year was "our year". We were in year 1 of Harbaugh vs what was supposed to be the most talented OSU team ever (that then under performed). I mean sure, I thought it would be closer. We were down to a 3rd string DT and already struggling against spread style teams (ex: Indiana). Turns out Durkin was a great DC, just not against spread style offenses like OSU.

As of now I believe we have the top defense in the country. We'll see if we can keep that up. I'm now much more interested in the Indiana vs Michigan game than I was at the start of the year.

Better yet I live out here in Oregon and have been listening to dumbass duck bullshit for the past couple of years,,,,,well anyway it sure was great to see them get beat down the way they did last night

Yeah some of that Duck mystique has flat disappeared, where are the Duck QBs?

On "m" ask any truthful and knowledgeable OSU fan, we knew that under Harbaugh they would be better...soon! The last game on the regular season schedule may be between #1 & #2 again or close to it and that's tough with today's parity.

And nothing is automatic anymore.

Yeah some of that Duck mystique has flat disappeared, where are the Duck QBs?

On "m" ask any truthful and knowledgeable OSU fan, we knew that under Harbaugh they would be better...soon! The last game on the regular season schedule may be between #1 & #2 again or close to it and that's tough with today's parity.

And nothing is automatic anymore.

Man I hope so. That's setting up to be a massive game. Like 2006 Part 2

Hopefully we don't get called for hitting the Qb out of bounds again...

I don't know any Michigan fan that legitimately thought last year was "our year". We were in year 1 of Harbaugh vs what was supposed to be the most talented OSU team ever (that then under performed). I mean sure, I thought it would be closer. We were down to a 3rd string DT and already struggling against spread style teams (ex: Indiana). Turns out Durkin was a great DC, just not against spread style offenses like OSU.

As of now I believe we have the top defense in the country. We'll see if we can keep that up. I'm now much more interested in the Indiana vs Michigan game than I was at the start of the year.

We have a pretty outstanding defense as well in case you haven't heard. And we've already had our bye so your defense has an extra game with of stats at this point.

But like I've said Michigan does look pretty good. No doubt about that. It's good for the B1G and I don't hate Michigan quite as much as Pittsburgh so I'm OK with it, but I'm not okay with losing to them.

Better yet I live out here in Oregon and have been listening to dumbass duck bullshit for the past couple of years,,,,,well anyway it sure was great to see them get beat down the way they did last night

Maybe everyone will be taking a back seat to Washington this year.

Fair to say?

We have a pretty outstanding defense as well in case you haven't heard. And we've already had our bye so your defense has an extra game with of stats at this point.

But like I've said Michigan does look pretty good. No doubt about that. It's good for the B1G and I don't hate Michigan quite as much as Pittsburgh so I'm OK with it, but I'm not okay with losing to them.

Here are some stats on where these teams rank defensively in the FBS:

Total Defense:

OSU 3rd

Mich. 5th

Passing defense:

Mich 3rd

OSU 5th

Rush defense:

OSU 7th

Mich 19th

Sacks:

Mich 2d

OSU 69th

but: Ohio U 1st!!!

Interceptions

OSU 4th

Mich 32nd

"Defensive Efficiency" (not sure how this stat is figured)

Mich 3rd

OSU 4th

(Alabama 1st)

Scoring defense:

Michigan 1st 10.3

Ohio St. 2d 10.8

So, yes, fair to say....they both have good defenses.

Maybe everyone will be taking a back seat to Washington this year.

Fair to say?

Well they're trying to hang in with a tough neighborhood, SB Nation Week 7 guess:

Since the AP Poll and presumably the Coaches Poll won’t be out until Monday afternoon this week, thanks to Georgia-South Carolina being delayed to Sunday afternoon, here’s a guess at how the new top 25 will look after Week 6 finally finishes. These aren't our rankings, just our guess at the rankings, based on many years of looking at polls every week. Drop your own in the comments!

Alabama, 6-0

Ohio State, 5-0

Clemson, 6-0

Michigan 6-0

--------------

Washington, 6-0

Texas A&M, 6-0 (Previous: 8)

Louisville, 4-1

Baylor, 5-0 (13)

Nebraska, 5-0 (12)

Tennessee, 5-1 (9)

Wisconsin, 4-1

Ole Miss, 3-2 (14)

Miami, 4-1 (10)

Virginia Tech, 4-1 (25)

Boise State, 5-0 (19)

Houston, 5-1 (6)

Florida, 4-1 (18)

Florida State, 4-2 (23)

Oklahoma, 3-2 (20)

West Virginia, 4-0 (22)

Well they're trying to hang in with a tough neighborhood, SB Nation Week 7 guess:

Since the AP Poll and presumably the Coaches Poll won’t be out until Monday afternoon this week, thanks to Georgia-South Carolina being delayed to Sunday afternoon, here’s a guess at how the new top 25 will look after Week 6 finally finishes. These aren't our rankings, just our guess at the rankings, based on many years of looking at polls every week. Drop your own in the comments!

Alabama, 6-0

Ohio State, 5-0

Clemson, 6-0

Michigan 6-0

--------------

Washington, 6-0

Texas A&M, 6-0 (Previous: 8)

Louisville, 4-1

Baylor, 5-0 (13)

Nebraska, 5-0 (12)

Tennessee, 5-1 (9)

Wisconsin, 4-1