THE BROWNS BOARD

New Ownership.

HTHDan

It is expected that Holmgren would be let go as the recently ex prez from the Eagles is also buying a share of the team. The whole reason he left Philly was to pursue buying a portion of the Browns and take over as prez here. Shurmer will lose his security blanket in Holmgren. More than likely instead of getting his 2-3 more years to show something like Holmgren was going to give him he will have to show marked improvement this year. Heckert's job is more than likely safe. He has shown a solid draft record and has a solid tie with the incoming prez.

Actually ties to the possible new president maybe what does Heckertt in there was a bit of a issue between them when at the end of his time with the Eagles if I remember right. Not saying it is enough to get him canned though.

What changes will the new Ownership make with the Cleveland Browns?

The Haslams see orange. I could see orange pants or jersey's on the plate.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/29/report-lerner-to-retain-30-percent-stake-in-browns/

Report: Lerner to retain 30 percent stake in Browns

Posted by Darin Gantt on July 29, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT

Randy Lerner, Pat Shurmur AP

Browns fans hoping to be rid of owner Randy Lerner are getting their wish, to an extent.

According to a report from WKYC sportscaster and the team play-by-play voice Jim Donovan (via the Cleveland Plain Dealer), Lerner will retain a 30 percent share of the team.

Lerner’s selling controlling interest in the Browns to truck stop magnate (and really, that might be the best business card title ever) Jimmy Haslam.

Donovan also reported Haslam will have the option to increase that share later, but that leaves the unpopular Lerner as a small part of the franchise.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/29/report-lerner-to-retain-30-percent-stake-in-browns/

Report: Lerner to retain 30 percent stake in Browns

Posted by Darin Gantt on July 29, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT

Randy Lerner, Pat Shurmur AP

Browns fans hoping to be rid of owner Randy Lerner are getting their wish, to an extent.

According to a report from WKYC sportscaster and the team play-by-play voice Jim Donovan (via the Cleveland Plain Dealer), Lerner will retain a 30 percent share of the team.

Lerner’s selling controlling interest in the Browns to truck stop magnate (and really, that might be the best business card title ever) Jimmy Haslam.

Donovan also reported Haslam will have the option to increase that share later, but that leaves the unpopular Lerner as a small part of the franchise.

Minority ownership is irrelevent, as Haslam found out. That is why he wanted a majority ownership. As noted in another thread, Bob Gries owned 43% of the Browns where Modell owned only 52%....and Gries literally had no say in the Browns operations. Randy will have no say either.

Minority ownership is irrelevent, as Haslam found out. That is why he wanted a majority ownership. As noted in another thread, Bob Gries owned 43% of the Browns where Modell owned only 52%....and Gries literally had no say in the Browns operations. Randy will have no say either.

I wouldn't say it irrelevant. Owning 30% of a billion dollar company makes one pretty relevant. He's going to have a voice in the board room if he chooses to voice it. However, I agree that in the end his voice is one of influence only. It's won't dictate the course.

I wouldn't say it irrelevant. Owning 30% of a billion dollar company makes one pretty relevant. He's going to have a voice in the board room if he chooses to voice it. However, I agree that in the end his voice is one of influence only. It's won't dictate the course.

I don't know. Modell and Gries underwent decades of litigation against one another over the issue of say over the operations of the Browns (primarily over the team being used as collateral for Stadium Inc.). For years things were contemtuous between them, and always it was Modell who got the right to do what he wanted with the Browns despite Gries's objections.

I don't know. Modell and Gries underwent decades of litigation against one another over the issue of say over the operations of the Browns (primarily over the team being used as collateral for Stadium Inc.). For years things were contemtuous between them, and always it was Modell who got the right to do what he wanted with the Browns despite Gries's objections.

So we agree. :P

I like his brother Bill....sharp guy. He gets my vote. I assume his brother (Jimmy) is as well.

This thread is called "new ownership", but with that I was checking into "old ownership". Here is a blurb that I found in Wikipedia about the Browns original owner:

During the summer before the 1953 season, McBride sold the Browns for $600,000 ($5,211,940 in today's dollars), more than twice the largest sum ever paid for a professional football team.[34] The old stockholders were McBride and his son Edward, along with minority owners including taxi business associate Dan Sherby, Brown and four others. The buyers were a group of prominent Cleveland men: Dave R. Jones, a businessman and former Cleveland Indians director, Ellis Ryan, a former Cleveland Indians president, Homer Marshman, an attorney who had founded the Cleveland Rams, Saul Silberman, owner of the horse race track later known as Thistledown Racecourse, and Ralph DeChairo, an associate of Silberman.[35][36

I guess we never hear much about this David Jones and his bunch that owned the Browns for a while. Jones owned the team from 1953-1961 when he sold it to Modell

Just make the change of ownership before the season starts so we will have something to cheer for. And bring in those cheerleaders even if we have to find some dancers at the Hustler club. They will make good entertainment for the young men and keep them from turning into gay soccer fans.

How about if they just win, baby.

I prefer grinders suggestion. sorry Gipper. ;)

It ain't like you can't go to the Flats or Brookpark Rd. and not see pootytang any time you like, but you can't see the Browns win football games any time you like. So let's go with the winning.

I will resurrect the Cheerleaders thread for your edification.

Archived