THE BROWNS BOARD

Israel poll

Just an informal poll. I wont tally them up or use the results for any kind of scientific survey, just curious.

A. Israel is our strongest ally, probably our only trustworthy ally in the Middle East and we should aid and defend them vigorously.

B. Israel should be kept on our back burner. We should help if they are attacked but that's about it.

C. Fuck them. No more aid. They are no more important than any other Middle Eastern country to us.

WSS

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

B. Except I definitely don't want to payroll another country that clearly can pay their way. They are a friend but not our old lady.

This. They have plenty of money to fend for themselves

Just an informal poll. I wont tally them up or use the results for any kind of scientific survey, just curious.

A. Israel is our strongest ally, probably our only trustworthy ally in the Middle East and we should aid and defend them vigorously.

B. Israel should be kept on our back burner. We should help if they are attacked but that's about it.

C. Fuck them. No more aid. They are no more important than any other Middle Eastern country to us.

WSS

They are far from Perfect but, IMHO, there is only one answer: A

A., of course.

What kind of world would it have been, if nobody went and opposed

the nazis?

Well, the isil/daesch sp? are the nazis today, and the tipping point

to preventing or not preventing a ME world war...is defending Israel.

Right now, ObaMao is practically begging for the Israeli haters to declare

war on Israel, knowing he won't help them. And, practically opening the door

to Russia going after the NATO countries in the Baltic, knowing the Obamao

worships himself and his marxism far more than being a leader in the world,

and helping maintain peace, or...it all falls apart, war rages, it hits home to

western countries, including us, and there you would have history tragically being

allowed to happen, WW wise, a third time.

and Chris, the reason I posted both of those things is that I'm asking about israel as to the anti-israel sentiment in Great Britain and Europe in general. It seems we have just grown up pro Israel in the US. I don't understand the anti Semitism. Do you?

I'm not accusing you of it by any means just curious as to your view.

WSS

I don't understand the anti-semitism at all, anywhere - seems like the jews are generally nice, harmless people - but that's not really what I was asking. I just don't see why the USA is so pro-Israel. I'll watch the video at some point, but very busy these days (hence not posting much) - care to summarize?

Actually the video was kind of bland, More a chronicling of the phenomenon than a real explanation but there was a little insight. It's not very long, & I think it's from the discover channel. Personally I would guess at least in part it's the bit about the enemy of my enemy is my friend and because some Muslim nations despise Israel and despise the United States...

I've always respected the Jews for their outstanding achievements across the world especially in light of the almost universal historic persecution. Not many minority groups overcome adversity as well.

WSS

Why does the notion that we don't have to spoon feed Israel for its survival have to be anti-Semitism? That's just a term, like islsmophbia, designed to make you seem racist if you question our strange dedication to Israel in the slightest.

It doesn't necessarily have to. But both things exist. I suppose someone might bring up racism should we have ku Klux Klan members elected to the US Senate.

I'm just saying that I don't understand anti-semitism. It's easier do understand racism.

WSS

I care a LOT about what atrocities the nazis committed, in pushing

the world into the world war.

So many lives of soldiers lost, so many loved ones heartbroken, lives

dashed into tragedy.

By the hundreds of thousands, from the beginning, ended with civilian and military

deaths in the many millions.

History shows that letting problems fester, and grow into world crises.....

ends up with a gigantic, devastating problem to solve, instead of what would have

been a far more "minor" problem, relatively speaking.

I don't understand the tendency of segments of societies using Jewish people and Israel

and a scapegoat for their unhappiness and anger. It's garbage, but it's been happening

with Arabic and Muslim groups since the beginning of recorded history. Maybe that's where it

all starts - if you're going to scapegoat a culture and religion and a country, you can pick

Israel because you won't be alone - the ME Jew haters already got it started from the gitgo.

Right, sure, the jews as a group of people have suffered disproportionately, as previously agreed. But the question is why there is such a strength of feeling in america regarding israel - is it just because they're jewish?

I care a LOT about what atrocities the nazis committed, in pushing

the world into the world war.

So many lives of soldiers lost, so many loved ones heartbroken, lives

dashed into tragedy.

By the hundreds of thousands, from the beginning, ended with civilian and military

deaths in the many millions.

History shows that letting problems fester, and grow into world crises.....

ends up with a gigantic, devastating problem to solve, instead of what would have

been a far more "minor" problem, relatively speaking.

I don't understand the tendency of segments of societies using Jewish people and Israel

and a scapegoat for their unhappiness and anger. It's garbage, but it's been happening

with Arabic and Muslim groups since the beginning of recorded history. Maybe that's where it

all starts - if you're going to scapegoat a culture and religion and a country, you can pick

Israel because you won't be alone - the ME Jew haters already got it started from the gitgo.

Atrocities are a part of humanity. You can go back thousands of years and find similar or worse. The mongols sacked Baghdad in 1258 killing 1,000,000 people in a single week. You have to live in the now. I appreciate that Israel is a valuable ally in the volatile middle east but we should give them the same consideration as our other allies and I feel like we treat them like a special needs child.

Archived