THE BROWNS BOARD

Who's your move up guy?

Mudfly

Ok.....It appears the Browns have contacted several teams about potentially trading up from #12 and back into the top 5.......of course, speculation is they are considering a QB there.....

So, my question to you is......if we are going to spend big picks(1's and 2"s) to get there....who is your move up guy that is worth those extra picks???

My guy?....it wouldnt be QB because 1) I dont see one that merits a pick that high, let alone sacrificing additional picks to get there......and 2) because we passed on QB last year and just dont see us spending double for a guy we could have easily picked one draft ago.....

So.....my trade up guy?.....is(of course) Adams.....

The only other instant impact player I see(that would be compatible with a Garrett pick) is Foster and there is no way we are trading up to get him....

So...if we are spending say #12...plus next years 1st....plus a 2nd ....who is worth that to you??????????????

A) Nobody is worth it, trading up is dumb especially for bad teams

B This FO would never give up picks like that, thankfully

I would agree with A....as I wouldnt chose to move up like that myself(I prefer lotsa high picks)....but IF they moved up, Adams would be my preference....who would yours be?

But....I cannot agree with B.....they are making the calls, so they are considering it.....

I would agree with A....as I wouldnt chose to move up like that myself(I prefer lotsa high picks)....but IF they moved up, Adams would be my preference....who would yours be?

But....I cannot agree with B.....they are making the calls, so they are considering it.....

Due diligence requires calls to be made, they're not doing their job properly if they don't. I'd be beyond stunned if this front office gives up multiple first rounders in any trade.

Adams misses on tackles often so wouldn't be him for me.

Reuben Foster maybe but he has a concussion history already.

I'm struggling...

Well...we are in the same boat on the struggling part.....cause, as much as I like Adams(and a few others) none are worth the move....

especially for a QB.....

Im hoping a lot of people chime in, as Im certain....that IF it happens.....it will instantly be deemed brilliant by many....

But...Im stating right now....with plenty of advance notice.....that I will probably flip out....continuously....for like a year or 5....or however long it takes to get to the SB!

After Garrett. Thomas or Adams maybe the only dopeless. Uninjured candidates left ;). I only take any of these QB's as a no reach value any round. I see us maybe paying little, in late round move ups. If Sashi's presser is true at looking at 2018 candidates. Noway he is giving up his next years 1st round if he sees the QB crop coming out.(lock Jimmy in a ho--tel8) sign me up for Jimmy G or Sit & Pick..

I agree with the OP, and hope the Browns let the draft come to them, but I'm worried that Haslam is impatient and demanding a high profile QB. He strikes me as having thin skin and hearing the media bitch and moan about missing out on what ended up being a less than mediocre prospect has made him antsy.

The only 2 players I would be happy with in a trade up are Allen or Adams. I know the shoulder thing is a concern for many people, but I still think Allen has at least 8 years of kickass in him. Solomon is a nice prospect, but I'm not as high on him as everyone else seems to be.

I'll bite....# 12 & Gordon to Tenn...Trubisky @5 (Not my guy but I can see Haslams desire to sell jerseys...They won't be able to keep in the stores in Mentor)

Titans can still grab a solid defender, and if Gordo stays clean.... Boom!!! Mariota has his #1

I'll bite....# 12 & Gordon to Tenn...Trubisky @5 (Not my guy but I can see Haslams desire to sell jerseys...They won't be able to keep in the stores in Mentor)

Titans can still grab a solid defender, and if Gordo stays clean.... Boom!!! Mariota has his #1

jersey sales are shared by all teams

No trade ups ....I would consider trading down at 12 tho .......depending how far and the offer but only if as expected Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker and OJ Howard are all gone by then

Myles Garrett @ #1 then either...

Leonard Fournette or Mitch Trubisky... What if we could get both.

Then add either Sam Rogers or Freddie Stephenson at FB later in the draft.

Getting Gordon back and then with those guys... that's a game changer brother!

QB- Trubisky/Oz/Kess/Hogan

RB- Fournette/Crowell/Johnson

FB- Rogers or Stephenson

WR- Gordon/Britt/Coleman/Hollywood

That would be an awesome Offensive unit. Add in our All-Pro Offensive Line and we're golden.

On Defense we would be nice on the front 7.

Garrett/Shelton/Bryant/Nassib

Orchard/Collins/Kirksey/Ogbah

Haden/Taylor/BBC/Caldwell

Kindred/Powell/Campbell

Due diligence requires calls to be made, they're not doing their job properly if they don't. I'd be beyond stunned if this front office gives up multiple first rounders in any trade.

And there it is...

But since we're playing... I don't have one. At least one impact player will fall to us at 12... I sit there and wait for them.

EDIT: I do have to add tho that in those long pauses in Rounds 3 and 4 a lot of really good talent is going to come off the board. I can see packaging lower picks to grab a player or two in that range.

The 3rd will be very difficult to move into, however, since there's so far to go to have picks to work with. The 4th's proximity to our Round 5 picks will make it a little easier.

Best way to fill either gap? Tradedowns... anything from the #12 thru pick 3.01 can yield a little fill should we not like our immediate choices were we to stand pat.

... except Dallas.

Ok...so you're not upto hypotheticals....thats cool....

.....anyone else have a pick?

You should know my thinking by now. If he falls that far- Trubs @ #5 from the Titans. We give them back their #52, and maybe another low pick next year. Anything more, (or moving up any higher) we roll the dice. Got a feeling Mitch isn't going to be there @ #12. If he's already off the board @ #5, we stand pat, and take BPA- and not Watson. MHO on him is he's going to be a mega bust. (OK- way back, I was wrong about Donovan McNabb, but not Akilli Smith) like to think I've learned a few things since.

Tour beat me to that one- still can't figure out how Jerry Jones pulled that one off.

Mud, I have a different view on things than you do. The right price is what you are willing to pay for something. One of the big reasons the Browns have no players and are a laughing stock is because of the exact thing you are talking about.

"We can't take xyz at #1 because he really doesn't rate that position" SO you trade down, get shit, and let someone else "over pay" for a great player.

The purpose of a draft pick is to spend on what you want, what you need, what is best for you. It doesn't matter if your #1 would have been picked #7, Nobody ever reports a year after the draft and says of a good player............

Trubisky #1

I get it.....and have actually advocated for the Browns drafting Trubs(or QB) at #1 , if they are certain he's the guy.....Cause I think they'd be stupid to think the best QB will fall to their second pick.......and picking some guy they dont really think is that good(ala Johnny Weeden) with their second is also a stupid move(waste).....

And this...^^^^^^^^^^^.....doesnt mean I want him at #1.....just think it's the right strategy if the Browns do,,,,

So......if your QB is there....you take him......and if he's not, you dont waste a first on one that isnt good enough for you to pick him first......simple....

In re to this post.....Im not talking about taking him #1, Im talking trade up....and burning extra picks for a player.....so, for example,,,,,if the Browns dont deem Trubs to be the best player and tap Garrett first....THEN they throw a few high picks to move back up to get him....that is paying too much.....its a nonsensical move.....

So my question to you is....I know you like Trubs at #1 and dont think it's overspending.....but would you think 2 #1's is too much if they trade up and grab him at 3?

Ok.....It appears the Browns have contacted several teams about potentially trading up from #12 and back into the top 5.......of course, speculation is they are considering a QB there.....

So, my question to you is......if we are going to spend big picks(1's and 2"s) to get there....who is your move up guy that is worth those extra picks???

My guy?....it wouldnt be QB because 1) I dont see one that merits a pick that high, let alone sacrificing additional picks to get there......and 2) because we passed on QB last year and just dont see us spending double for a guy we could have easily picked one draft ago.....

So.....my trade up guy?.....is(of course) Adams.....

The only other instant impact player I see(that would be compatible with a Garrett pick) is Foster and there is no way we are trading up to get him....

So...if we are spending say #12...plus next years 1st....plus a 2nd ....who is worth that to you??????????????

If you were not to move up to pick the QB....then there is no real reason for this conversation to even exist.

If you were not to move up to pick the QB....then there is no real reason for this conversation to even exist.

Agreed Gip. We feel the same way about Trubisky. The question is- assuming we take Garrett @ #1, just how much do we value (or not) Mitch to move up and snag him? We have the ammunition to move up to #2 if need be. I've already posited if I'm playing GM, I don't go any higher than #5. Damn, if Garrett wasn't in this draft- it would be pretty cut and dried. Mitch @ #1 and don't look back.

Damn, if Garrett wasn't in this draft- it would be pretty cut and dried. Mitch @ #1 and don't look back.

lmao... Oh.... you were serious?

And there it is...

But since we're playing... I don't have one. At least one impact player will fall to us at 12... I sit there and wait for them.

EDIT: I do have to add tho that in those long pauses in Rounds 3 and 4 a lot of really good talent is going to come off the board. I can see packaging lower picks to grab a player or two in that range.

The 3rd will be very difficult to move into, however, since there's so far to go to have picks to work with. The 4th's proximity to our Round 5 picks will make it a little easier.

Best way to fill either gap? Tradedowns... anything from the #12 thru pick 3.01 can yield a little fill should we not like our immediate choices were we to stand pat.

... except Dallas.

really then another reason to hate em

Archived