THE BROWNS BOARD

Is Garret really the best DE in this draft

jcam222

So you finally admit that Bosa would not have improved our 2016 results? ;)

I wouldnt be quick to admit that......Jamie Collins made a noticeable difference....and I think with Bosa, maybe a few more big plays woulda happened.....and one or 2 of those might have been the difference....

Range? Yes. Unlimited? Hyperbole?

"Elite tackling skills"? Ummmm... no...

Exactly......tackling = NO................tracking = elite

But...listen.....a safety who doesnt tackle well cannot be considered an elite prospect.....(especially an injured one)

He said elite tracking skills. It may not be elite, but it's damn close

See above....he's got mad ball skills, but thats it.....not really a well rounded candidate...(imho)(at least, for the price)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It means he's got a pretty quick mind, even under pressure.

And to close a couple loops...

• If I want "elite tracking skills", I'll buy a Bloodhound... who can tackle.
  • Guess I shoulda gone pink on the Bosa thing.

Range? Yes. Unlimited? Hyperbole?

"Elite tackling skills"? Ummmm... no...

Tad hyperbole with 'unlimited' range, but I'm certain you understood my point. His football speed and hip fluidity and remind me of a taller, longer Ed Reed.

And yes, elite tracking skills. Often times, players with multiple interceptions have the football fall into their lap. If you watch his interceptions, he earned most of them. How many safeties can you point out that can beat receivers in the air for the ball?

Being a former cornerback, the one thing I can't help but notice is a DB's backpedal, so a few things I can point out are his upright stance during man coverage, and slow awareness during zone. Both very teachable considering its his first year starting.

I wouldnt be quick to admit that......Jamie Collins made a noticeable difference....and I think with Bosa, maybe a few more big plays woulda happened.....and one or 2 of those might have been the difference....

)

Even if he wouldnt have made a difference in the overall record, wouldnt it have been nice to see 10.5 sacks from a browns player? I mean we have fuckall to root for which is why people went nuts for gordon despite everything. That explosive play on offense or defense that fans of other teams take for granted, i feel cleveland fans just savor more.

Lols. But srsly, watching an opposing rb heading for the gap then all of a sudden the huge tackle leading the way gets shedded like used tp and a browns jersey collapses the hole and the play gets stuffed...........yyyeeaahhhhhhh, thats what i want

Absolutely, would love 10.5 sacks... and would love more even more... and double that in knock-downs... and double that in hurries.

You saw Bosa coming where others including me did not... at least not coming on as fast as he did. My only defense is that I did not think he was the right piece at the right price at the right time... and I think the jury is still out on that count. I've no choice but to concede that after 2016 Bosa has the lead over the bevy of picks we made, but I'm not ready to throw in the towel... yet.

Tad hyperbole with 'unlimited' range, but I'm certain you understood my point. His football speed and hip fluidity and remind me of a taller, longer Ed Reed.

And yes, elite tracking skills. Often times, players with multiple interceptions have the football fall into their lap. If you watch his interceptions, he earned most of them. How many safeties can you point out that can beat receivers in the air for the ball?

Being a former cornerback, the one thing I can't help but notice is a DB's backpedal, so a few things I can point out are his upright stance during man coverage, and slow awareness during zone. Both very teachable considering its his first year starting.

Yes... I understood your points, but in the process of my frivolous reply I never made mine.

Totally agree on Hookers ball skills, his centerfield acumen, and fluid movement, but... I don't see a complete FS in him. And I certainly don't see an Ed Reed who in addition to his great ball-hawking, "brought it" when he closed on a ball carrier. Ed was the best I'd seen since Sean Taylor's career was tragically ended in its prime.

Now that Ed has retired there are some great nominees for best in the game, e.g. Earl Thomas, who is first in line, Eric Berry, but I don't think any have ascended to Ed's level... not yet. Can Hooker get into that conversation? We'll see...

Absolutely, would love 10.5 sacks... and would love more even more... and double that in knock-downs... and double that in hurries.

You saw Bosa coming where others including me did not... at least not coming on as fast as he did. My only defense is that I did not think he was the right piece at the right price at the right time... and I think the jury is still out on that count. I've no choice but to concede that after 2016 Bosa has the lead over the bevy of picks we made,..

Even though i think bosa was more of a complete player coming out of vollege than garett currently is, garett has the definite potential to hit 12 or more sacks his rookie year. He's a better pure edge rusher than bosa but edge rushing was never bosas game. Honestly the two would have complimented each other so well.....?

Archived