THE BROWNS BOARD

Cavs playoffs

Browns149

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bulls didn't make the playoffs. The 1st round will be either Detoilet or Indiana.

Also I don't think LeBron is done. He just scored 34 points on 13-16 shooting and he didn't even play in the forth quarter.

The Bulls didn't make the playoffs. The 1st round will be either Detoilet or Indiana.

Also I don't think LeBron is done. He just scored 34 points on 13-16 shooting and he didn't even play in the forth quarter.

I should clarify he's done against elite and sub elite opponents. He'll still score his points against the lesser teams but it's all brute force for him now. He looks like he's having a heck of a time getting off his own shot. I saw him resort to the nowitski knee up against Butler. That's bad.

I should clarify he's done against elite and sub elite opponents. He'll still score his points against the lesser teams but it's all brute force for him now. He looks like he's having a heck of a time getting off his own shot. I saw him resort to the nowitski knee up against Butler. That's bad.

Lebron is a great player but he's in the twilight of his career. Playing around 1200 career games is the key number.

Cavs are done. Bulls game proved it. Playoffs are around the corner and the cavs are not even close to peaking. Cavs need to be able to beat teams like the bulls on pure scheme, almost be able to sleepwalk through the game. Everything is a fight....they wont hold up till the finals.

Lebrons done too, legs are gone. If he gets steam going from the arc he can still freight train to the hoop but thats it. His finesse skills are completely gone. No legs. His lateral quickness has vanished

If his legs are gone he's currently doing a great Charles Barkley imitation. You may have missed it but his 3 point jumper has returned.

The Bulls game proved the Cavs Bench blew dead worms, like horrible. Irving was off too. You can't pin that loss on LeBron.

Lebron is a great player but he's in the twilight of his career. Playing around 1200 career games is the key number.

In minutes played, LeBron just entered the top 40. Kobe is 200+ 48 minute games ahead of him. James may not be considered the greatest player in the NBA anymore- but fer sure, he's still in the top 5. He's probably got around 3 more years before Father Time seriously catches up with him.

had we retained wiggins Lebron could have played at a high level till he was 40. Oh well. In any case yeah I didn't see his jumpers returned. From what I've seen his arc is flat and he's barely coming off the ground. If he's getting some set shots in from the arc that's great but he's not gonna see those nor make many of em in the playoffs. He has to shoot a legit jump shot or he's done. If the cavs don't win this year and make an early exit, i'd tear it up. Maybe keep the big 3 but we need to get a guy in Cleveland that's basically Lebrons protégé. That should have been Wiggins but whatever we need a guy like that to come in and take serious minutes off Lebron till the playoffs for the rest of Lebrons career.

Lebron has to get his legs back or it's going to be an ugly ugly end to the guys career. Kobe is a lighter guy so he was able to get by albeit not that well cause of those Achilles tears. If not for those injuries Kobe would probably still look a few steps slower right now but he'd still be considered among the best players in the game. But same thing with him in LA, they never got anybody to really take minutes off him.

had we retained wiggins Lebron could have played at a high level till he was 40. Oh well. In any case yeah I didn't see his jumpers returned. From what I've seen his arc is flat and he's barely coming off the ground. If he's getting some set shots in from the arc that's great but he's not gonna see those nor make many of em in the playoffs. He has to shoot a legit jump shot or he's done. If the cavs don't win this year and make an early exit, i'd tear it up. Maybe keep the big 3 but we need to get a guy in Cleveland that's basically Lebrons protégé. That should have been Wiggins but whatever we need a guy like that to come in and take serious minutes off Lebron till the playoffs for the rest of Lebrons career.

Lebron has to get his legs back or it's going to be an ugly ugly end to the guys career. Kobe is a lighter guy so he was able to get by albeit not that well cause of those Achilles tears. If not for those injuries Kobe would probably still look a few steps slower right now but he'd still be considered among the best players in the game. But same thing with him in LA, they never got anybody to really take minutes off him.

EDIT: Get his legs back? Care to bet me LeBron can still elevate a good two + feet over the rim?

Not so much getting his legs back- (he still moves mighty fast in the open court) but the physical pounding his body is taking year in and year out with all those drives to the hoop. He gets positively mugged nearly every time. Looks like a rugby scrum. The older you get, the easier is is to get hurt. What's going to be LeBrons end is when he can't out quick defenders to the basket. MHO to have a shot in the Finals- assuming the Cavs even get there is- besides LeBron, the rest of the team has to show up. The talent is there, but the Cavs can't have Kyrie, Love, JR, and Frye tossing up bricks from beyond the arc. Most of Cleveland's recent losses are directly attributable to that.

PS I'll still put my money on James to pass Kobe in career points.

LeBron James is the LEAST of the Cavs problems. They get atleast 1 day off after each game, and sometimes 2 days. The problem I see with the Cavs is Kyrie and Love both have games where they play like crap. Those 2 need to be more consistent and play to there potential, and the Cavs will make the finals without a problem.

By the way, LeBron was named the player of the month, for the 3rd straight month.

He's not the problem.

Cavs have the easiest road to the final and if Lebron, Love and Irving are all playing at a high level the pressure of being in the Finals alone give them a punchers chance at a title.

If all three are healthy for the championship I think it's a little better than a puncher's chance. Lebron is still one of the smartest and most talented men in the game. I don't think that he will be able to be overwhelmed by the warriors.

Cavs have the easiest road to the final and if Lebron, Love and Irving are all playing at a high level the pressure of being in the Finals alone give them a punchers chance at a title.

If you watched the first Playoff game. LeBron, Kyrie, and Kev were all playing at a high level- and still kept everyone on the edge of their seats until the final two minutes. The problem? The perimeter defense in plain English- sucked. I don't doubt the Warriors can put up 52% from three point land like the Pistons did.

Don't want to be a negative Nancy, but just calling them as I see 'em. Though I have to hope the shooting night Detroit had was an aberration, and not something they're going to be able to repeat.

• 3 weeks later...

Over here in UK bookmakers the Spurs are favoured over the Cavs to reach the finals

Do you mean to WIN the Finals? They can't be favored to make the Finals because the Spurs play in the Western Conference and the Cavs are in the Eastern Conference.

Both teams can reach the Finals....and play each other.

The question is, are the Spurs favo(u)red over the Warriors to reach the Finals....or vice versa?

• 2 weeks later...

Over here in UK bookmakers the Spurs are favoured over the Cavs to reach the finals

As Sir Charles pointed out tonight- the Spurs have gone fishin'.

Hats off to Lebron James, Teague needs a punch. Barkley's a fucking douchebag, fake tough guy, just like Oakley called him out.

Barkladomus called it tonight. Had little hope for OKC, but way to go guys.

Lowry and DeRozan need to score another 60+ against the Cavs. Is too much rest beneficial?

• 2 weeks later...

Do you mean to WIN the Finals? They can't be favored to make the Finals because the Spurs play in the Western Conference and the Cavs are in the Eastern Conference.

Both teams can reach the Finals....and play each other.

The question is, are the Spurs favo(u)red over the Warriors to reach the Finals....or vice versa?

It was favoured to win yeah I made an error there

After another loss for GSW last night though, Cavs are now the favourites to win it all.

I hate to say it.. but Warriors in 6.. the Cavs are still a cream puff team.

Anyone know how many of those teams that came back from 3-1 down in the previous round, then went on to win the finals?

Only 10 times a team has come back from 3-1 down to win a series (including GSW this year)

3 times has a team come back from 3-1 and went on to win the finals:

Boston twice (68', 81')

Houston once (95')

Only 10 times a team has come back from 3-1 down to win a series (including GSW this year)

3 times has a team come back from 3-1 and went on to win the finals:

Boston twice (68', 81')

Houston once (95')

Thanks bb

Archived