THE BROWNS BOARD

Gerbil Peppers Signs

The Gipper

Per this source, the holdup on Peppers signing is the amount of guaranteed money he would receive under his rookie deal. Apparently there is a big gap between the players picked ahead of him and those picked behind him. It also implies that because Gareon Conley is not signed (due to allegations of sexual assault) Peppers amount of guaranteed money is up in the air.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/07/jabrill_peppers_guaranteed_mon.html

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will boo that piece of shit every chance I get if he holds out. Not winning any fans with his diva attitude. Why the fuck do we draft from that shit hole of a school. Every player we get from there is garbage.

I will boo that piece of shit every chance I get if he holds out. Not winning any fans with his diva attitude. Why the fuck do we draft from that shit hole of a school. Every player we get from there is garbage.

Don't be a dummy. You would protect your bottom dollar too if you were in his position. Plus he is being asked to play a swiss army knife role which can heighten his chance of injury. Pay the young man.

Don't be a dummy. You would protect your bottom dollar too if you were in his position. Plus he is being asked to play a swiss army knife role which can heighten his chance of injury. Pay the young man.

Thank you

And I imagine TopDawg is just trolling

Yeah, read this too. And here everyone thought it was offset language. This seems more legitimate to me. With his positional flexibility it may affect that number too.

Offset language may also be an issue....its just that right now it is not the big issue. Guaranteed money and signing bonus payable upfront were the big issues with Bosa last year....who had the same agent. But offset language was also an issue.

Yeah, read this too. And here everyone thought it was offset language. This seems more legitimate to me. With his positional flexibility it may affect that number too.

Ah, it will get done. The dollar amount they're haggling over is peanuts compared to Garrett's contract.

The other rookie that hasn't played a snap yet?

Yep-the one that's gonna save me from the JFF debacle. LOL! :D

And actually I think Peppers was one of Williams' hand picked for his defense to succeed, so I'm really looking forward to how these rookies operate together with those who were already on the team.

I am ambivalent on this crap. On one hand, a guy is only a rookie once in his life, and his prognosis for a long career in the NFL is not good. So, who isn't going to try and get as much as they can, knowing that the career could be gone in the blink of an eye?

On the flip side, this hold out shit always seems to affect teams negatively in one way or another. Jealosy, anger for not maning up, whatever, it isn't good for team continuity and unity.

The NFL, with a little wisdom could end this shit forever, and also get these leech mother fucker agents out of the game.

Regardless of where a rookie is drafted, he should get a fixed rookie salary, common to all positions. Have an increasing wage scale as a guy plays more years. Insert a bonus for the guys who bet injured or don't make the team. All this contract bullshit is a sour taste component of the NFL.

We wait all fucking off season, we are excited about the draft, training came approaches, and we have this bullshit.

Standardize the pay scale already.

Yep-the one that's gonna save me from the JFF debacle. LOL! :D

And actually I think Peppers was one of Williams' hand picked for his defense to succeed, so I'm really looking forward to how these rookies operate together with those who were already on the team.

Haha, good point. If anyone can make up for the blindly obvious horror that was Johnny, it's Garrett. I've like him in every interview I've seen of his so far.

No way does that happen. If the guy does not sign, he can go back into the draft...and the team that drafted him is SOL.

Yup it behooves both sides to get a deal done. The team doesn't want to effectively loose the pick, & the player doesn't want to loose a year of $$$. Don't think it's ever happened.

I'm already on record that Peppers is going to be a blown pick. I'll enjoy nothing more than eating my hat if I'm wrong. But seriously, you have a wonderful opportunity to pick an Ohio State safety that is projected to be a once in a decade stud, and you elect to trade down for a first rounder next year (likely a late one) and select a Michigan tweener that many projected to fall into the secondary round. That's not how you build a good football team.

Bosa didn't sign for a while. Happens with agents pulling the strings of signing

Just some agents apparently. If you want to go for the last nickel on a muli-million dollar deal- I'm your guy.

I'm already on record that Peppers is going to be a blown pick. I'll enjoy nothing more than eating my hat if I'm wrong. But seriously, you have a wonderful opportunity to pick an Ohio State safety that is projected to be a once in a decade stud, and you elect to trade down for a first rounder next year (likely a late one) and select a Michigan tweener that many projected to fall into the secondary round. That's not how you build a good football team.

Your logic makes sense, but let's hope you're wrong. Trading down has been our bread and butter lately ?

Archived