THE BROWNS BOARD

What ONE rookie do you want to see most at TC?

Canton Mike

We certainly have some rookies (I'll include 2nd year players) who will draw interest at Training Camp. Not only our 1st 4 picks, but others, including UDFAs.

What ONE young player are you most interested to see?

Mike

Really tough question. Pick just ONE ?

Garrett...and Njoku, and peppers and....

all three are going to be exciting to watch on the field.

Every time I watch interviews with them, their drive, intelligence,

love for the game jumps out at me.

and... Ogunjobi. He may be one of the steals of the entire draft.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/4/28/15236450/2017-nfl-draft-unc-charlotte-browns-larry-ogunjobi

so, after the first three guys.... if I can pick only one... I'll pick...

all four. LOL. oh, okay, I'll pick Ogunjobi, because he was drafted later...

But watch this interview with Ogunjobi -

the Browns are drafting these caliber of guys - love the game, good guys, tough, smart, great teammates,

good for the communty...

just listen to this kid:

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-mozilla-004&hsimp=yhs-004&hspart=mozilla&p=ogunjobi+browns#id=3&vid=884c3193cddff0169260ca76384f3e75&action=click

and Kizer - I was a big Trubisky guy, but the Browns seem to have possibly gotten the #1 qb out of this class,

and maybe, a future great qb.

https://youtu.be/NiDstN2Fjjc

and for more, Kizer and Ogunjobi in their media interview...

Ogunjobi is really funny. "you're going to play football"...."No, I'm not..." LOL

We certainly have some rookies (I'll include 2nd year players) who will draw interest at Training Camp. Not only our 1st 4 picks, but others, including UDFAs.

What ONE young player are you most interested to see?

Mike

They all interest me about the same. If I had to pick someone I'd say Shon Coleman.

When QBs are wearing the red jersey in practice - it doesn't really give me their actual poise and split second decision-making that live contact in real games does. Nevertheless, their preparation is still very important.

I'm going to say Peppers only because that piece of shit better be signed in time to get to camp or GTFO. After that Garrett of course. He better be the next coming of Reggie White/Bruce Smith to justify taking him over Trubisky.

Njoku snares My interest.. He looks like a better specimen than Winslow was. And it seems he's got the potential to be something special...

I'll go with Kaimana Nacau. He plays a position of need (fs) and went undrafted but is supposed to be good, so an underdog l'd like to see succeed.

It's hard for me to pick one, but I am also interested in how Nacua does. Seems like we have many SS candidates so I really want to see him shine at FS.

Mike

They all interest me about the same. If I had to pick someone I'd say Shon Coleman.

When QBs are wearing the red jersey in practice - it doesn't really give me their actual poise and split second decision-making that live contact in real games does. Nevertheless, their preparation is still very important.

Tom, as I mentioned, I am all in. I am pulling for all of these young kids to find discipline, heart and commitment to our team. I have had more going on in my life the past 3 months than I even want to talk about, suffice to say, as we have discussed before, this idiotic team touches and connects us to a whole hell of a lot more than football.

I have simply had my fill of bad football, jokes, people slamming the team, and having no fucking clue where we have been, what we have shared and what being a Browns fan is all about. Hey, in keeping with my monstrosity of an ego, maybe what the Browns have been missing is Ghoolie firmly back in the saddle?

I want to see all of these kids. I want to witness the rebirth of our tradition. I believe Garrett is going to cause shitted-pants with QBs and OCs. I think he will be unstoppable. With regards to the QB, I think we have seen that regardless of who Hue or the OC thinks will play, and when, a lot of different variables come into play. If Kizer turns out to be a barn-burner, management won't be able to keep him on the bench this year. IMHP there is too much pressure on the staff. Not just to produce some wins, but to show off the picks and establish confidence among the fans that we are indeed on the right track.

I think if Kizer shows the other up there will be an irrepressible call by the fans to start him.

We shall see.

Tom, as I mentioned, I am all in. I am pulling for all of these young kids to find discipline, heart and commitment to our team. I have had more going on in my life the past 3 months than I even want to talk about, suffice to say, as we have discussed before, this idiotic team touches and connects us to a whole hell of a lot more than football.

I have simply had my fill of bad football, jokes, people slamming the team, and having no fucking clue where we have been, what we have shared and what being a Browns fan is all about. Hey, in keeping with my monstrosity of an ego, maybe what the Browns have been missing is Ghoolie firmly back in the saddle?

I want to see all of these kids. I want to witness the rebirth of our tradition. I believe Garrett is going to cause shitted-pants with QBs and OCs. I think he will be unstoppable. With regards to the QB, I think we have seen that regardless of who Hue or the OC thinks will play, and when, a lot of different variables come into play. If Kizer turns out to be a barn-burner, management won't be able to keep him on the bench this year. IMHP there is too much pressure on the staff. Not just to produce some wins, but to show off the picks and establish confidence among the fans that we are indeed on the right track.

I think if Kizer shows the other up there will be an irrepressible call by the fans to start him.

We shall see.

I hear ya! Some years when I thought we were starting to look good on paper, we'd start to see some key guys getting injured in training camp. We've even had guys like Phil Taylor and Desmond Bryant getting injured in the weight room.

It sure would be nice to us have a great camp without any major injuries.

I'm going to go with the least daring selection, and say Myles Garrett. It's not often your team gets the first pick (thank GOD), and Myles Garrett isn't your normal guy either. He's smart, fast, humble, and horrificly powerful. His foot also appears to be doing fine, as evidenced of his recent video displaying Garrett leg-pressing a million pounds. Garrett also possesses the frame to add more muscle without sacrificing too much speed (in my opinion), and he'll probably resemble something like Julius Peppers in a couple of years (6'4, 285ish). That's scary.

Even with Garrett "appearing fine", it's not going to shock me if the Browns baby him along. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we read articles saying, "Myles Garrett chomping at the bit for coaches to let him dress for camp". We might see Garrett on the old stationary bike for a week or so, but he'll be out there soon enough. When he went down with that foot injury...I really thought that was it. I expected to get a "Garrett out for the season with broken foot!" update on my phone, LOL. But I never did, and he's going to be fine. Time to rock.

Im excited to see all the rookies....as I am every year.....But, Kizer would be the one Im hoping surprises us all in a positive way....

Basically, because he would have the greatest impact, if he ends up being a star.....

(still excited to see Garrett shred a few QB's....and Njoku make some amazing catch and runs.....)

Would also be excited just to see Peppers sign his damn contract and show up....

Archived