THE BROWNS BOARD

Ghoolie Goes Black

Ghoolie

So here is the deal, the Browns need QB spark. Forget all the analytic shit, common sense tells us that Kessler, Ass-Oiler and company are not taking us anywhere. If there is any hope for us to improve and find the spark at QB, it rests with Kizer.

The last time I wore a player Jersey, I wore #17. So, it's time to throw some bones, insult Steeler fans, and get back on the Mad Dog Bus. I just ordered a Deshone Kizer Jersey. I am going to root for Garrett to fuck Ben Roethlisberger up beyond all recognition.

Flugel seems to think Williams will create a rabid, bone crushing defense, and if we are being honest, the level of discipline, commitment and talent across the league is not at an all time high. There is no reason our guys can't kick the shit out of theirs.

If I can opt out of my UNDER bet, I am going to change it to the over. If I can''t I will just bet the over for twice as much.

Fuck it.

Go Browns, Go Kizer.

So here is the deal,

...that's all we've got.

It's July. We can't change much from here on out. We root for the success of our draft picks (& FA additions). At least through half time of game 1.

So here is the deal, the Browns need QB spark. Forget all the analytic shit, common sense tells us that Kessler, Ass-Oiler and company are not taking us anywhere. If there is any hope for us to improve and find the spark at QB, it rests with Kizer.

The last time I wore a player Jersey, I wore #17. So, it's time to throw some bones, insult Steeler fans, and get back on the Mad Dog Bus. I just ordered a Deshone Kizer Jersey. I am going to root for Garrett to fuck Ben Roethlisberger up beyond all recognition.

Flugel seems to think Williams will create a rabid, bone crushing defense, and if we are being honest, the level of discipline, commitment and talent across the league is not at an all time high. There is no reason our guys can't kick the shit out of theirs.

If I can opt out of my UNDER bet, I am going to change it to the over. If I can''t I will just bet the over for twice as much.

Fuck it.

Go Browns, Go Kizer.

Kiser is the best qb in the draft class. I agree let him learn and EARN.

Ghoolie you know that young man needs to sit this year right? I mean u might be right about kizer, which is precisely why he needs to kept on the sideline.

Not being a pain in the ass, BUT.......who is to say he needs to sit? How do you know that he is not a guy who will do much better by being thrown into the fire?

Sitting a guy can be just as damaging to a career as starting him too soon. If he is better than the other guys through camp, in my opinion it would be foolish to sit him.

Mik, that may be, however a thinking man has to realize that the Browns really have a challenge with Kizer.

On one hand, yeah, you want to make sure he is ready. But on the other hand you have to think about the 2018 draft. If we believe the Browns will still stink this year, then we will pick high in 2018. If we don't play Kizer, then do the Browns take a QB in next year's round one? Or do they shy away and play Kizer in year 2? In the event he doesn't pan out, man, there will be hell to pay if the Browns again pass on a top QB and don't have an answer.

I think they have to start Kizer at some point. Maybe after a few games. But again, I don't think Hue is going to see the team at 0 - 6 and keep Kizer sitting. I think at the end of 2017 the Browns really need to know what this kid looks like under fire. I am not saying he has to gel and be the second coming of Steve Young, but I think the Browns have to see a lot of him in games to know what to do about drafting a QB in 2018. Let's be honest, if the kid has the juice, it would be some badass shit for us not to have to risk a QB with the first round pick in 2018.

I think Kizer is pivotal to this teams immediate future. I say, play him and let him have the team. Even with rookie mistakes, if he is the shit, he is going to do some impressive things.

If he is better than the other guys through camp, in my opinion it would be foolish to sit him.

If that were the case, how could you justify not starting him?

Kizer.. the next Byron Leftwich... LOL

You could very well be right. I am not a fan of run-first Quarterbacks but he is a Browns player, so let's hope he surprises both of us.

If that were the case, how could you justify not starting him?

Well, let's be honest, who the hell knows what motivates football decisions? A lot of times, as we have all seen, FO decisions can defy logic. Perhaps someone thinks he is too young, perhaps someone doesn't want to look foolish for pimping another player and have the young guy show him up? Who knows?

I don't get too over excited about the start of any season anymore. I just hope that each game is a successful game and a win and the end. As for the QB's, just keep the hopes in a positive mind. I keep my mind also on the past from the 70's & 80's. Just to keep those days fresh and remember how the Browns used to be.

I don't get too over excited about the start of any season anymore. I just hope that each game is a successful game and a win and the end. As for the QB's, just keep the hopes in a positive mind. I keep my mind also on the past from the 70's & 80's. Just to keep those days fresh and remember how the Browns used to be.

Good point about the draft next year. Its possible we have a high pick again. Maybe toward the end of the season give kizer the ball for the last 4-5 games. Stsrting him tho, no uh uh.....not in cleveland. That has "never" worked out for us

What happened in the past has no bearing on what happens tomorrow

I don't classify Kizer as run-first...

But other than that, I'm 100% with Ghoolie on this one.

Kizer is the only one of our QBs with any "upside" to his game.

Osweiler is a bum and Kessler only knows how to play it safe - won't make plays and won't push the ball down the field. He's a do-no-harm backup at best.

Sink or swim, DeShone has to be the guy.

Oh goddamn grow a set already.

Mik, that may be, however a thinking man has to realize that the Browns really have a challenge with Kizer.

On one hand, yeah, you want to make sure he is ready. But on the other hand you have to think about the 2018 draft. If we believe the Browns will still stink this year, then we will pick high in 2018. If we don't play Kizer, then do the Browns take a QB in next year's round one? Or do they shy away and play Kizer in year 2? In the event he doesn't pan out, man, there will be hell to pay if the Browns again pass on a top QB and don't have an answer.

I think they have to start Kizer at some point. Maybe after a few games. But again, I don't think Hue is going to see the team at 0 - 6 and keep Kizer sitting. I think at the end of 2017 the Browns really need to know what this kid looks like under fire. I am not saying he has to gel and be the second coming of Steve Young, but I think the Browns have to see a lot of him in games to know what to do about drafting a QB in 2018. Let's be honest, if the kid has the juice, it would be some badass shit for us not to have to risk a QB with the first round pick in 2018.

I think Kizer is pivotal to this teams immediate future. I say, play him and let him have the team. Even with rookie mistakes, if he is the shit, he is going to do some impressive things.

Agreed. The Browns need to know how he reacts on field & he WILL make rookie mistakes, but will also flash potential good as well. Keep in mind that Peyton Manning threw 28 interceptions in his rookie year. Let's see what we have.

Mike

Agreed. The Browns need to know how he reacts on field & he WILL make rookie mistakes, but will also flash potential good as well. Keep in mind that Peyton Manning threw 28 interceptions in his rookie year. Let's see what we have.

Mike

If you look at the rookie seasons of a lot of great QBs, their stats were pretty bad. Casey Stengal used to let pitchers that got blown at stay in the game and cleam up their own pile of crap. I say, if the kid looks better than Kessler in camp, start him and instead of yanking him when he screws up, instead of making a big deal of it, build his confidence, guide him, stay with him and take whatever he delivers.

If we lose, but the kid hones his skills and shows great promise, we win. We pick high and don't need to draft a high QB. If he doesn't pan out, well, we lose, but we get a high pick and can go after another QB.

If he is the guy, then they need to let him be the guy.

Reports out of camp are that he's moving up the depth chart fast. Closing the gap on Kessler and will push to start in camp. If he's the best guy in camp you start him.

Did I read right that one has to pay for tickets to get in to watch training camp?

Did I read right that one has to pay for tickets to get in to watch training camp?

No. Training Camp tickets are free.

Mike

Well, let's be honest, who the hell knows what motivates football decisions? A lot of times, as we have all seen, FO decisions can defy logic. Perhaps someone thinks he is too young, perhaps someone doesn't want to look foolish for pimping another player and have the young guy show him up? Who knows?

Yes, therein lies the uphill battle for the rookie.

A year ago the coach proclaimed "Trust me" on the Kessler pick. His ego could get in the way.....but he sure shoved it out of the way last season when he pulled him right after half time...and the kid was playing fairly well.

Starting TC there WILL be a tentative pecking order. Kessler will 'probably' begin with the 1's and Kizer most probably with the 3's (with Hogan). But in the Browns' QB situation, the guys in front of Kizer are not many rungs of the ladder above him.

If he in deed DOES have the talent, and he works & studies hard, he can win the job.

Thanks for the schedule. I am going to try and get to Ohio to see my Mom. If I do, I would like to pop in to Berea and get a dose of the good old days.

Memphis is the weirdest fucking sports town I have ever lived in. It is all Grizzleys and Memphis Tigers, which you would expect. However, when you throw in the dose of SEC mania, and homosexual love for PIE-UHN Manning, and consider that I have to see the fucking Titans plastered all over the place, man, you can see why I have been so nasty. This fucking place is a sports colostomy bag and I am trapped inside of it.

Thanks for the schedule. I am going to try and get to Ohio to see my Mom. If I do, I would like to pop in to Berea and get a dose of the good old days.

Memphis is the weirdest fucking sports town I have ever lived in. It is all Grizzleys and Memphis Tigers, which you would expect. However, when you throw in the dose of SEC mania, and homosexual love for PIE-UHN Manning, and consider that I have to see the fucking Titans plastered all over the place, man, you can see why I have been so nasty. This fucking place is a sports colostomy bag and I am trapped inside of it.

I would have thought that it was the ghosts of Elvis and MLK Jr. who both died there hanging about that would make Memphis creepy.

Archived