THE BROWNS BOARD

Dorial Green Beckham! ~~~~~Waiver Wire~~~~~

PoeticG

Wide WR on the Waiver Wire!  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Should we pick up Dorial Green-Beckham?

• Yes
    • No

He's a useless piece of shit

You may be half correct. He could help, so I don't think he is useless.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You may be half correct. He could help, so I don't think he is useless.

If he could learn the playbook, absolutely.

He's flamed out from two teams who weren't exactly flush with WR talent.

I have no problem kicking the tires, but DGB is Justin Gilbert redux...a guy who doesn't give a fuck about football and will never put in the time to learn.

Id say there is zero point in picking up this guy.....we have a boat load of undeveloped WR's......why work on one that has proven to be a failure, when we still have 4 who haven't gotten their chance to fail yet?

Screw DBG....we knew he'd bust before he was ever picked(and he did).....and POG loves him......nuff said!

Bring him in it can't hurt is my thinking.

we have a boat load of undeveloped WR's......why work on one that has proven to be a failure, when we still have 4 who haven't gotten their chance to fail yet?

Because he's got good size and it's an important position in today's NFL. Surely the 89th guy could be spared.

The road to unemployment goes through Cleveland.

Bring him in it can't hurt is my thinking.

Well....it could, if he takes time away from our staff of young receivers who would benefit from the playing/coaching time......or if he brings a slackers attitude to the WR room.....or casts shade over a growing environment of higher character guys.....or a winning culture....

Bringing him because "what the hell" is what weve always done....I thought we were trying to get better than that......

Well....it could, if he takes time away from our staff of young receivers who would benefit from the playing/coaching time......or if he brings a slackers attitude to the WR room.....or casts shade over a growing environment of higher character guys.....or a winning culture....

Bringing him because "what the hell" is what weve always done....I thought we were trying to get better than that......

He was a first round pick with speed and Philly was winning until defenses picked up on Wentz.

Whatever......It's not really worthy of debate, unless we sign him.....

But....setting the record straight....he was a second rounder(not first) and would have gone higher, if not for huge character and drug issues......and, now, 2 years in, he had been cut twice,,,,,

Dont see anything there that says "I want this guy on my team"........ps: there are a shit ton of tall/fast guys who dont have what it takes to play in the NFL.....lots and lots and lots of em....I think DBG fits that mold....

Coleman

Britt

Hollywood

Louis

Payton

You got 1 spot up for grabs. I want the golden ticket to watch, a 70 yr.old Al Saunders walk in the door & tell a 4th & 2 5th rounders that you drafted in 2016, that we are bringing in a 2nd Rd'er drafted in 2015 to take a lookzie on his 3rd team :huh: ..get your Old Man Diaper ready Coach Saunders ;)...May look bad on paper but what do we really know?

Whatever......It's not really worthy of debate, unless we sign him.....

But....setting the record straight....he was a second rounder(not first) and would have gone higher, if not for huge character and drug issues......and, now, 2 years in, he had been cut twice,,,,,

Dont see anything there that says "I want this guy on my team"........ps: there are a shit ton of tall/fast guys who dont have what it takes to play in the NFL.....lots and lots and lots of em....I think DBG fits that mold....

I'm just saying bring him in. He's worth a look and if he pans out fine we got the cap room and can work out a one year deal.

it's not like we haven't taken chances before and hey for as far as the record shows he's clean. Play ball.

And let's say Coleman or for any other wr on our team goes anywhere else you can say the same as far as Ws

He was a first round pick with speed and Philly was winning until defenses picked up on Wentz.

He was a second round pick and was responsible for less than 400 yards the entire last season.

Isaiah Crowell nearly had as many receiving yards as DGB.

Normally, I'd be right there in agreement with you on a subject like this. The dude is a reclamation project for sure but he is a freakish height/weight/speed guy. However, he's been kicked off of two teams with equally as questionable WR corps as ours and the whispers are it's because he just doesn't give a fuck about learning a playbook. That won't fly here and it would be a waste of time.

We already have one HWS player we're hanging on to that won't ever see the lights on Sundays again, let's not waste a roster spot on another.

He was a second round pick and was responsible for less than 400 yards the entire last season.

Isaiah Crowell nearly had as many receiving yards as DGB.

Normally, I'd be right there in agreement with you on a subject like this. The dude is a reclamation project for sure but he is a freakish height/weight/speed guy. However, he's been kicked off of two teams with equally as questionable WR corps as ours and the whispers are it's because he just doesn't give a fuck about learning a playbook. That won't fly here and it would be a waste of time.

We already have one HWS player we're hanging on to that won't ever see the lights on Sundays again, let's not waste a roster spot on another.

"kicked off ?" two teams?

When was he ever kicked off?

He's sober than Gordon and faster. Not to mention to the Team in question joining doesn't have too much competition to make a wr squad?

No chance this guy gets signed.

Last year he put in very little effort, constantly dropped passes in practice, and the Eagles WR coach was yelling at him basically the entire season. That's... not good.

My .02 says he never sees an NFL field again - because he sucks. If Eagles had to name their 53-man today, DGB would have lost his roster spot to a UDFA.

"kicked off ?" two teams?

When was he ever kicked off?

He's sober than Gordon and faster. Not to mention to the Team in question joining doesn't have too much competition to make a wr squad?

Well...he was cut by the Eagles, so that's one.

And maybe it's just me, but when you get traded for a practice squad offensive lineman, I'm pretty sure that's indicative of the team wanting you gone. So that's two.

The team in question has players that know the playbook, so they're already better than DGB will ever be.

Seriously, how big does the red flag have to be? 2 teams with a need at the WR position brought this guy in, he didn't last more than one season either time.

if the Browns traded a 2nd rd pick for a sheet pizza and a 2 liter of Mountain Dew after ONE SEASON, would you feel good about that players odds? Might as well give Greg little a call if we're looking for a bum who doesn't belong in the league, at least he knows the city.

And when DGB was with the titans? Plz. Jesus Christ could've been on that team and lost. And the Raiders same situation.

One P - to be honest, there couldn't have been a better opportunity for a young WR than TN. Justin Hunter and DGB just failed to impress. When you get down to it, the departure of UFA Kendall Wright was pretty much a "don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out." He was okay but he never measured up to the expectations they had for him as a #1 WR. After a breakout season in 2013, his numbers steadily declined while he struggled to establish any consistency.

The beneficiary of all that in 2016 was their FA WR signee Rishard Matthews, who had 65 rec 945 yards and 9 TDs. That was a huge help to a team coming off 3 wins in 2015 with a young QB as they finished with 9 wins in 2016. Moving forward, TN drafted Corey Davis (rd 1) and Taywan Taylor. They also signed FA WR Eric Decker. Doesn't all that show us they continue to have opportunities for the WR position?

... the whispers are it's because he just doesn't give a fuck about learning a playbook. That won't fly here and it would be a waste of time.

Bingo... You cannot go under catching 50% of your targets without a healthy dose of of not knowing where to be.

Oh, the places you'll go...

if the Browns traded a 2nd rd pick for a sheet pizza and a 2 liter of Mountain Dew after ONE SEASON, would you feel good about that players odds?

Greg Little

Montario Hardesty

Mohamed Massaquoi
Brian Robiskie
David Veikune

Well...he was cut by the Eagles, so that's one.

And maybe it's just me, but when you get traded for a practice squad offensive lineman, I'm pretty sure that's indicative of the team wanting you gone. So that's two.

The team in question has players that know the playbook, so they're already better than DGB will ever be.

"thought?" you know what "thought" did don't cha?

"thought" shit his fucking pants because he thought he had to go to the restroom.

The wr in question has been with bad teams.

One P - to be honest, there couldn't have been a better opportunity for a young WR than TN. Justin Hunter and DGB just failed to impress. When you get down to it, the departure of UFA Kendall Wright was pretty much a "don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out." He was okay but he never measured up to the expectations they had for him as a #1 WR. After a breakout season in 2013, his numbers steadily declined while he struggled to establish any consistency.

The beneficiary of all that in 2016 was their FA WR signee Rishard Matthews, who had 65 rec 945 yards and 9 TDs. That was a huge help to a team coming off 3 wins in 2015 with a young QB as they finished with 9 wins in 2016. Moving forward, TN drafted Corey Davis (rd 1) and Taywan Taylor. They also signed FA WR Eric Decker. Doesn't all that show us they continue to have opportunities for the WR position?

I'm just thinking he was in a bad situation and it wouldn't hurt to bring him in. It might work it might not just thinking he deserves another chance.

I'm just thinking he was in a bad situation and it wouldn't hurt to bring him in. It might work it might not just thinking he deserves another chance.

That was a bad situation with two different teams? It's rare for a team to dump a second round pick after just one year- but the Titans did. Then the Eagles tell him to take a hike after one season. MHO? The Browns would be foolish to in essence giving him a chance at strike three. Let some other team take that chance.

"thought?" you know what "thought" did don't cha?

"thought" shit his fucking pants because he thought he had to go to the restroom.

The wr in question has been with bad teams.

I never said the word "thought" in my response.

The WR in question has been cut from bad teams. Which makes him worse than bad.

What bad situation? both teams that cut him are better than the Browns. Are you suggesting that he has to join one of the worst teams in the league to finally hold onto a roster spot? Give those reps to guys looking to take a step forward, guys who are willing to put in the work. Athletecism doesn't count for much in someone who doesn't give a fuck.

What bad situation? both teams that cut him are better than the Browns. Are you suggesting that he has to join one of the worst teams in the league to finally hold onto a roster spot? Give those reps to guys looking to take a step forward, guys who are willing to put in the work. Athletecism doesn't count for much in someone who doesn't give a fuck.

Ahhh.. We need wr's?

Archived