THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp News

gumby73

A week ago, I would've promised he'd be traded and wouldnt get a proper opportunity to compete....but now sense the possibility he's actually in the running to start?....

A week ago I said he'd be our opening day starter.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A week ago I said he'd be our opening day starter.

I just get this feeling that Brock is that Booger on the tip of the Browns finger & they don't no where to put it :) As for Kizer, the kid took a scripted notebook paper to a empty field a hour after practice calling play verb-age in a huddle that he has never done before. Preseason games in about a week. Operation Separation for somebody or it goes to Kessler?

well, it was hot, and I'm just recovered from maybe a black widow spider bite and antibiotics....I get sick

when I'm out in the sun for very long....

but I noticed a few things -

Ogunjobi is quick, and might be as strong as Danny Shelton. Can't wait to watch him play in a

regular season game. Meder, Orchard, a few others hit the first of four blocking dummies on the

4 man rig... and heavy as it might be, the end moves a half foot - seems impressive to me - a tractor

with a skid loader rig picks it up and takes off with it.

When Danny and Ogunjobi hit it - it pops about a foot on one end, a few inches on the other.

Interesting.

Peppers looks locked in natural, perfectly instinctive catching kicks. I think it was Alford who seemed to be lackadaisical,

not a good kick catcher. We'll see, but that won't fly with these coaches. He didn't try, or is very clumsy....

Kenny Britt looked today like everybody wishes gordon could have been - a big wr with this head screwed on straight,

who practices full on. He looks good.

Colquitt and Gonzalez can really boom punts. Gonzalez... boomed 55/60 yards a few times... that will be a tough

battle, tough decision maybe.

Kevin Hogan did a nice job - seemed to get rid of the ball quick. Osweiler doesn't. Held onto the ball way too long.

Indicative of anything at all? probably not, at this point. Kizer isn't ready, but man, he can throw an intermediate pass

that gets there with serious stuff on it. It's early though.

Miles Garrett is very, very smart, and instinctive hugely. He can shut down a running play, he is just there.

Scary stuff. He's big, and moves like .... I don't know. A jaguar or something? he's also very strong.

Oh, boy, are opposing offenses going to fret about wherever he is on the line. He looks unstoppable.

Derrick Kindred plays very, very smart. and he's quick to make plays. Impressive. So is Kai Nakua. Smart instinctive

db's... around the ball a lot.

Joe Thomas has a beard now. Makes him look meaner. He rocks like he always has. He didn't seem to be out there though.

Reynolds, db, got banged up a bit on a play...they were looking at his knee, he walked it off and continued I think.

While most of us were watching the play downfield, Shon Coleman and Karter Schult, lb (dl in college) got into a fight, and the offense and defense flowed fast into the mix. Schult is a player - don't know who threw a punch. But "the benches" were there

at the fight. It was a fast crowd. The players mean business. Serious business. Still seems like they were having fun out there.

I think Njoku and Devalve are going to be stars maybe, this season. The TE rookie, McNamara is a kid who could

catch on as a blocker... we'll see.

The Browns oline looks like the immoveable object and the defensive line looks like the irresistable force, or something like that.

Serious killer stuff already, and it's only practice, and it's early.

a lot of work to do, a lot of coaching going on - the players are ramped up. nobody is acting like they aren't into it.

The new bleachers are awesome. On the sunlight side, but that makes sense- that is where all the room and activities are.

oh, I'm also just getting over most of a cold...took a Dayquill to not be sneezing at the practice.

Coleman made a GREAT catch along the far sideline - judged it beautifully, the db was right there.

At one point, I started feeling sick a bit, the breeze faltered, so I went down and got a bottle of water

and a plain hotdog. Plain hotdog- $3.00. Loaded...$5. Signed up over at the booths to win a Joe Thomas

autographed helmet. Yeah, right. Didn't win it last year, either. That is probably when I missed the interception...

But, I DID spin the wheel, and get myself a free little orange megaphone, that says "Drive to Stay Alive" from

State Farm. I have two now, and haven't gotten around to putting a big Browns sticker on em....

calfoxwc-interesting you describe Garrett as a jaguar. He majored in paleontology and describes himself as Deinonychus, a velociraptor twice the size of the ones in Jurassic Park. If you ever saw him snatch a QB with one hand and throw him down, you would think he is very accurate. Glad to see you were as impressed as I have been since his first game as a freshman. Last year was NOT the guy I saw the 1st two years because of the injury. Sounds like he has recovered fully now. Gonna be fun to watch him and his compadres unleashed this year.

Today's practice should be crazy.from what i read into. #1.Haslem doing his best Axle Rose whistling just a little patience till 18 or 19. #2.Shelton now a fan of the fabulous Samoans with the Samoan flop on football piles. #3.Gregg Williams defense got torched by Hues new running game drive 1. #4. Reynolds is a spot where we really don't need injuries. Hoping for the short IR & not the season.

calfoxwc-interesting you describe Garrett as a jaguar. He majored in paleontology and describes himself as Deinonychus, a velociraptor twice the size of the ones in Jurassic Park. If you ever saw him snatch a QB with one hand and throw him down, you would think he is very accurate. Glad to see you were as impressed as I have been since his first game as a freshman. Last year was NOT the guy I saw the 1st two years because of the injury. Sounds like he has recovered fully now. Gonna be fun to watch him and his compadres unleashed this year.

Velociraptors were actually very small - only about 40 lbs.

While called velociraptor, the raptors in JP were closer to the size of a Utahraptor.

Deinoychus was smaller than the Utahraptor, but larger than the velociraptor, like around the height of a small child.

Y'all trying to pull Garrett onto the forum with the dino-talk? Might work...

Finally had to look up this UDFA, Schult... may be more than Camp fodder, but see nothing in his measurables to suggest anything special.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/northern-iowa/uni-panthers/2017/04/30/unis-karter-schult-cleveland-browns-undrafted-free-agent/308021001/

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1004816&draftyear=2017&genpos=DE

I just get this feeling that Brock is that Booger on the tip of the Browns finger & they don't no where to put it :)

lol... would not have put it that way, but kinda...

Ideally Brock finishes a close 2nd with 3rd close on his heels... pump up that trade value...

1. well, it was hot, and I'm just recovered from maybe a black widow spider bite and antibiotics....
  2. Kevin Hogan did a nice job - seemed to get rid of the ball quick. Osweiler doesn't. Held onto the ball way too long.Indicative of anything at all?
  1. Never messed with a widow, but have tangled with a brown recluse... twice... skin disruption is no fun.
  2. What was the drill?

Off to some double A baseball. Boys are at the podium & no news on Reynolds but we have signed a former Colts OL man Kitt O'Brien..never heard of a good Colts OLman so next on the podium is Tour2ma...later,beer,peanuts & cracker jacks..Oh My

Velociraptors were actually very small - only about 40 lbs.

While called velociraptor, the raptors in JP were closer to the size of a Utahraptor.

Deinoychus was smaller than the Utahraptor, but larger than the velociraptor, like around the height of a small child.

It was about 5 ft high and weighed up to 220 lbs according to what I have read.

800px-Dromie_scale.png

The 1/2 full D Bone is happy the offense ran the ball down the D's throat.

The 1/2 empty D Bone fears they ran the ball down the D's throat because it's still the same old weakass D and once they match up against a real D they won't have near the success.

...doesn't really matter. Nobody can run the ball down anyone's throat anymore. (well, unless you've been running against us or the 49'ers).

We just need to be able to run the ball decently.

What we HAVE TO be able to do is pass the ball. Which, in turn, helps the run.

What was the drill? Tour

I think it was the 11 on 11. Have to remember, folks - there are a lot of guys being put different places to

see how they do - not the starters all the time. I don't know if Joe Thomas and a few others had the day off,

but this early, it isn't valid to read anything significant into a lot of looks and happenings.

...doesn't really matter. Nobody can run the ball down anyone's throat anymore. (well, unless you've been running against us or the 49'ers).

We just need to be able to run the ball decently.

What we HAVE TO be able to do is pass the ball. Which, in turn, helps the run.

sure you can.in 07-08 Browns included another Bengals OLman named Eric Steinbach & Jamal Lewis ran wild with Browns. Duke & Dayes should cause some match-up issues underneath also. Am not saying Crow is capable of a Jamal season but if this OL can "go kick Can's" at the 2nd level of a defense? The Crow Will Fly!! (or rumble,bumble than stumble but damn don't fumble ;))

Look at your diagram - the Deinonychus is the middle one, not the largest one.

Yes-like I said about 5 ft. tall (when standing up, not running) 220 lbs. The Utahraptor was about 2000+ lbs.

But enough on the dinos.

How did the Browns do yesterday?

Yes-like I said about 5 ft. tall (when standing up, not running) 220 lbs. The Utahraptor was about 2000+ lbs.

But enough on the dinos.

How did the Browns do yesterday?

I guess standing straight up they could hit 5 feet, though these dinosaurs rarely did. They're more often measured by length and hip height, and hip height was normally in the 3-3.5 foot range, which is just around where their normal head height would be.

Standing straight up, they're a fat 13 year old. Either way, Utahraptor was closer to the velociraptor model in JP in size and appearance, save for a few small differences.

Source: took a lot of blowoff classes in college. Also was a fat 13 year old.

The 1/2 empty D Bone fears they ran the ball down the D's throat because it's still the same old weakass D and once they match up against a real D they won't have near the success.

Going to happen in anything less than a "full go" scrimmage.

What was the drill? Tour

I think it was the 11 on 11. Have to remember, folks - there are a lot of guys being put different places to see how they do - not the starters all the time. I don't know if Joe Thomas and a few others had the day off, but this early, it isn't valid to read anything significant into a lot of looks and happenings.

Thanks...

Agree... nothing to lock in this early anyway, but in 11-on-11 read/progression speed should be the key. Kess, with his experience in Hue's system should be faster now.

Nobody cut, stash Hogan.

Can we stash Hogan? I'm too lazy to look up the PS rules. I don't care.

From what I heard before was if we release Brock, and some picks him up, we wouldn't have to pay his full leftover salary. So with the money ball guys, maybe that factors into it. Or he gets traded for a 5th rouder or worse.

From what I heard before was if we release Brock, and some picks him up, we wouldn't have to pay his full leftover salary. So with the money ball guys, maybe that factors into it. Or he gets traded for a 5th rouder or worse.

Or, maybe he starts most of the season. He is still the most experienced QB on the team...and the ONLY one who has ever won an NFL game. (Kessler being -0-8 last year...and I think Hogan may have been 0-1.)

I still think best case scenario (and the FO's ultimate plan) is to Sam Bradford him - hang on to him until a team in the playoff hunt loses a QB and will trade for Brock.

Granted, Romo and Cutler would still be the first options were that the case, but it's better than just cutting Brock outright. We're gonna have to pay him regardless, might as well keep him around until someone needs him.

Or, maybe he starts most of the season. He is still the most experienced QB on the team...and the ONLY one who has ever won an NFL game. (Kessler being -0-8 last year...and I think Hogan may have been 0-1.)

Not gonna happen. Kizer's gonna get that start and never look back.

I still think best case scenario (and the FO's ultimate plan) is to Sam Bradford him - hang on to him until a team in the playoff hunt loses a QB and will trade for Brock.

Granted, Romo and Cutler would still be the first options were that the case, but it's better than just cutting Brock outright. We're gonna have to pay him regardless, might as well keep him around until someone needs him.

We don't know anything yet. Sure, it would be great if that happened....but, his college performance was sketchy...so there is plenty of skepticism about him....and like they say in Missouri....he has to "Show Me" if he has the right stuff. I just can't get emotionally excited about him at this point.

We don't know anything yet. Sure, it would be great if that happened....but, his college performance was sketchy...so there is plenty of skepticism about him....and like they say in Missouri....he has to "Show Me" if he has the right stuff. I just can't get emotionally excited about him at this point.

He's currently outshining any of our other QB's in camp and has impressed not only the fans in attendance - but Hue, Kenny Britt, but a few offensive linemen have spoken about how he's ahead of where they thought he'd be as well.

Sounds like he's showing whoever he needs to show.

He's currently outshining any of our other QB's in camp and has impressed not only the fans in attendance - but Hue, Kenny Britt, but a few offensive linemen have spoken about how he's ahead of where they thought he'd be as well.

Sounds like he's showing whoever he needs to show.

Where have you heard that? A couple of radio reports that I have heard here, locally, from guys who have been on the scene, have said that none of the QBs have been all that impressive. Can it just be a variance in perception by observors? Could the guys you reference be desperate to have a QB here look like a success that they have some rose colored glasses on? I hope you are right. We need a break when it comes to QB. I just am now hearing different stuff...from you and from others.

Where have you heard that? A couple of radio reports that I have heard here, locally, from guys who have been on the scene, have said that none of the QBs have been all that impressive. Can it just be a variance in perception by observors? Could the guys you reference be desperate to have a QB here look like a success that they have some rose colored glasses on? I hope you are right. We need a break when it comes to QB. I just am now hearing different stuff...from you and from others.

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2017/7/29/16060862/kizer-is-reflective-on-leadership-shortcomings-at-notre-dame

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/07/browns_kenny_britt_on_deshone.html

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2017/07/31/why-deshone-kizer-has-the-edge-to-win-browns-starting-quarterback-job/

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2017/07/28/browns-rookie-deshone-kizer-looking-polished-in-camp-competition/

Sounds like you're listening to the wrong guys.

Archived