THE BROWNS BOARD

Im convinced only hometown boys are gonna get any of our teams anywhere..

Clevfan4life

Suspected it for awhile, after seeing beleiveland and learning that kosar was born in youngstown im more convinced than ever. Like how tje cavs turned around when they drafted a kid from akron who gave a fuck about the franchise. You saw the same energy around the browns when the leader of the team was a hometown boy who gave a fuck for real and got the rest of the team to buy in.

Wouldnt hurt to have coaching staff filled with homers either.i honestly dont see it ever happening any other way. Players that come here for the paycheck will never get us over. Frankly id much rather watch hometown players only win a couple games instead of one over priced FA acquisition after another.

This is why the current regime will fail. They really know nothing about the men they hired, other than their combine times and analytics.

Not sure how you get to this conclusion. This draft class is littered with high-motor players whose Combine/Pro-day postings are less than stellar.

I agree that many home-state players can be more motivated to play for their favorite team; but, that is not always enough. I really wanted Charlie Frye to make it but he just did not have the abilities to make it at the NFL level. I love to watch a team of guys with heart play but if they are in over their heads it can be sad to watch a team with way more talent pick them apart no matter how hard they try. I feel where you are coming from but they need more than just heart to play in the NFL. On the flip side, they need some heart too and not just a great deal of talent to match their big ego.

Despite all the dysfunction, Hoyer did manage to play a part in winning football games. As easy as he is to criticize, there is no question that when it comes to winning football games for the Browns, Hoyer definitely 'overachieved'.

Not sure how you get to this conclusion. This draft class is littered with high-motor players whose Combine/Pro-day postings are less than stellar.

Never let the facts get in the way of a ViennaKnobSlobberer troll post.

I would love to know what percentage of OSU players are dyed in the wool Browns fans. Like 15%? My buddy played there for the last two years of the Tressell era and he has never once been like "yeah half the team were Browns fans, you would've loved it," or anything like that.

High-motor my ass.

No thank you... although I have the feeling that is a well traveled road...

Vesna I agree 100% with your assessment of the type of players we need. Unlike you however I am encouraged as I believe what you describe was valued by the staff over combine performance metrics. They drafted high character guys many of whom had to prove themselves. All of whom excelled not only as athletes but men.

Archived