THE BROWNS BOARD

The Finals

hoorta

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://wagesofwins.com/2013/03/28/the-best-nba-markets-of-2012-13/

2. San Antonio Spurs

San Antonio is the 9th smallest NBA market, but somehow manages to earn the 7th largest nightly ticket revenue in the league. This shouldn’t really be a surprise, as the Spurs have put together a ridiculous 24-year run where they’ve won over 67% of their regular season games (1286-622), won four NBA championships, and made four additional Western conference finals appearances. Led by stars like David Robinson, Dennis Rodman, Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker, and Tim Duncan on the court, and Greg Popovich off the court, the Spurs have rewarded fans for over two decades. In turn, the fans have rewarded the San Antonio Spurs.

1. Miami Heat

Were you expecting anything less from the Heat? Last year’s champs have had two consecutive seasons of good ticket revenue growth, leading to the 4th largest increase over the past three seasons. Winning will do that for a franchise. Having the best player in the league and winning 27 games in a row doesn’t hurt either.

Remove the tinfoil cap. San Antonio is a small media market and ticket sales mean little to NBA brass, it's all about TV ratings. This series is a win/win for the NBA. GS wins and the dynasty talk begins. The Cavs win and Lebron solidifies his legacy with #3 and with one in "Excuse Town", I mean Believeland.

can't play physical when the refs call it flagrantly biased..

but yes, their shots went cold again.

Look at the scores of Ok vs GS -

just have to hope the Cavs get rested and hit

on their own home court.. twice.

That was the team we all want to see. Win or lose there's no shame if you play like that

I 100% agree. If the warriors play their best against that cavs team last night...its a close game. No shame in losing the finals if we put out like that. Getting housed for 4 games though was gonna make me feel like we should have let the raptors win.

Series is overr though if lebrons jumper is here to stay. All the other guys feed off it and get in their rythms. Plus its just easier for lebron, he's not as tired at the end of the games. When scoring is easy for lebron, everything else the team does opens up

Lebrons jumper is the least of the factors that led to a cavs blow out last night.

Kyrie's jumper on the other hand...

---

And not running 500 isolation plays, and JR smith finally showing up for a finals game.

A lot of good stuff happened really

Lebrons jumper is the least of the factors that led to a cavs blow out last night.

Kyrie's jumper on the other hand...

---

And not running 500 isolation plays, and JR smith finally showing up for a finals game.

A lot of good stuff happened really

And that all happened because golden states defensive scheme of pinching down on lebrons perimeter outlets doesnt work when you face up with lebron out near the 3 pt line. Yeah once guys got in rythm it was a boat race lebrons jumper doesnt matter.

In any case the announcers all made the exact same assessment.

So can we put to rest the argument over lebrons mid range jumper being crucial to the cavs success? Announcers themelves said cavs cant win the series if lebron doesnt make them

OK, it does pull the Warrior's defense out, I'll grant you that.

And that all happened because golden states defensive scheme of pinching down on lebrons perimeter outlets doesn't work when you face up with lebron out near the 3 pt line. Yeah once guys got in rythm it was a boat race lebrons jumper doesnt matter.

In any case the announcers all made the exact same assessment.

He doesn't have to shoot the lights out from outside, just make enough to get Golden State's attention.

I say we bring in K Love off the bench

Given. Love cannot guard Draymond Green. (LeBron can) If K-Love isn't scoring 25 and pulling down 12 rebounds, he's a liability. That leaves TT to defend the Warriors other bigs. I was damn impressed the way Thompson defended Curry on the perimeter in switches.

The warriors seemed incredulous that they had fouls called against them.

It's a farce, Curry and a few others were like "hey, wtf? we get to get away with stuff like that... on our home court..."

But going out of your way to initiate contact on a dribble, then you get a call??? and the flopping, players must

be looking for the really stupid ass refs to fall for that.

I look for the warriors to "accidently" elbow another Cav in the back of the head, or something, to put

them out of the game..again.

The Cavs need to mix their passing up a bit - the Warriors are looking for certain passes to intercept em.

It works both ways though, the Cavs intercepted a few.

My hunch is, Friday's game may end up controversial based on warrior's tactics.

It's a farce, Curry and a few others were like "hey, wtf? we get to get away with stuff like that... on our home court..."

I know right? The entitlement of that team is what annoys me. Remember iguodala mugging delly for accidently brushing his nuts? Their guy can doink a dude square in the balls with a knee or foot, but brush the fabric on their shorts and they wanna fight.

You hear thimpson complaining about mozgovs completely legal and stationary pick? From a team that has perfected the art of the moving pick.....its how curry and thompson get off their shots

Dont forget richard jefferson. That guy was all over people defensively. I say start him till gs adjusts than hit em with love again

RJ moves and makes quicker decisions than Love, and his D is better on top of that. Though the guy is in good shape, they have to monitor his minutes- he is 36 after all.

you got it...keep the starting lineup the same as last night and love off the bench and i think the cavs have a hell of a shot at winning this thing..

Driving around today listening to Jay Mohr Sports. They had a former NBA GM on the show- and he says the the same thing. (If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.) His opinion is the worst thing the Cavs could do is start Love, and he has another bad shooting game right off the bat. He'd be relegated to second team for the rest of the series. The Cavs are still in a zero margin for error mode. You can bet Lue and LeBron could care less about hurt feelings right now- it's all about winning the Championship. As I said earlier in this thread, Love is a very poor matchup against the Warriors.

It was opined depending on what happens the rest of the series, the Cavaliers may try to move Love in the off season. With the cap going way up- there's other teams that can afford him.

If love still had his post game id say stick with him, but im not comfortable anymore with a long 4 that plays bad defense and makes his money off of his 3 pt shooting. He's awesome when his 3 pt'er is going down, blows the floor wide open. But when its not he cant put his work boots on and go get nasty in the paint

If we can move love in the offseason....durant?

Thats what Im talking about.. Durant would give us a premier defense upfront then maybe you find another gun slinger in FA...

But going out of your way to initiate contact on a dribble, then you get a call??? and the flopping, players must

be looking for the really stupid ass refs to fall for that.

I look for the warriors to "accidently" elbow another Cav in the back of the head, or something, to put

them out of the game..again.

The Cavs need to mix their passing up a bit - the Warriors are looking for certain passes to intercept em.

It works both ways though, the Cavs intercepted a few.

My hunch is, Friday's game may end up controversial based on warrior's tactics.

This has been Lebron's game for years. And that isn't a knock on Lebron that is a reality of modern basketball. Harden is also a wizard at it.

Very good game for the Cavs. If they shoot the ball well it will be a good series. Game 4 is a big one for the Cavs.

Archived