THE BROWNS BOARD

Culture Rot Update: NYC, San Francisco Public Libraries Host Monthly ‘Drag Queen Story Hour’ for Kid

NYC, San Francisco Public Libraries Host Monthly ‘Drag Queen Story Hour’ for Kids

“Who wants to be a drag queen when they grow up?”

The Associated Press released video footage from inside a Brooklyn public library as it hosts Drag Queen Story Hour for kids, something that has been scheduled every month since last fall.

The children sit around as a man who calls his alter-ego Lil’ Miss Hot Mess reads them stories and leads them in sing-alongs about drag queens. In the AP video, he reads a story about a female character whose friends think she should be less of a tomboy and dress and act like a girl. In another story, you hear the man read to the kids, “We can both be grooms.”

Lil’ Miss Hot Mess asks the kids, “Who wants to be a drag queen when they grow up?”

“Drag Queen Story Hour is fantastic because it addresses all of these issues of gender fluidity and self acceptance and all of these topics that, um, are real — are very, very real,” said Kat Savage of the Brooklyn Public Library.

And the packed room of parents apparently loved it.

“It was great!” one enthusiastic mother said. “So much energy.”

Another mother said, “You know, that’s what I’m looking for in all of our outings, is to present different ways of being in the world and make that fun and available to my kid.”

The library has received some backlash for hosting this reading hour, but Lil’ Miss Hot Mess, who doesn’t give his real name for fear of harassment, doesn’t mind: “Those are people who think gay people are sinful, or evil, or, you know, bad to begin with. So, we’re just starting from such different places that it’s kind of irrelevant to me.”

Plans are to expand the program to other libraries in New York City.

Vice did a short film on these monthly drag queen story hours when they began last year and discovered they also happen in San Francisco. A mother interviewed for the film said she’s already taken her daughter to two of them and is glad to expose her preschool daughter to the concept:

“From the very beginning, kids are pushed into these gender roles, which is absolutely absurd because they’re just kids. I want her to have the opportunity to just be whoever she’s going to be, and know that her parents are going to love her and be happy whether she’s a she or a he or anywhere in between.”

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/nyc-san-francisco-public-libraries-host-monthly-drag-queen-story-hour-kids

Oh my god that monster. Teaching kids being different is ok. The animal

Different? LOL....kind of an understatement there. It used to be back in the day that police officers and firemen who you know were actually role models would be reading to these kids and asking the children who wanted to be a police officer or fireman? Now we have a drag queen named Lil’ Miss Hot Mess asking the children "who wants to be a drag queen when they grow up". Sick.

that's stupid. Never was anything perverted about women. or dark skin color.

But sexual deviancy is.

The political gain by trying to redefine the word, in the large minority progressive movement,

for inclusion of another voting block...is what it is about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraphilia

But my good, Christian, Real American kids might catch the transgender

It's not that your kid will become transgender, that's dumb which clearly is the point you wanted to make.

The problem, for me, is that transgender and the like are completely self-identified by their own sexuality. It appears from my perspective to be an obsession with sexual labels. I don't wake up in the morning trying to prove I'm a man to the world. And if I looked a bit more feminine than you I wouldn't take pills to compensate for that insecurity. It is crystal clear that sexual identity is a daily internal struggle for trans people and therefore probably not the best candidates for child care of any kind. Sex should never be an issue in a daycare, ever!!

I'm not even half a percent christian, so that has nothing to do with my opinion.

Parents are picky and rightfully so. If you walked into a daycare run by bikers I'd be willing to bet you'd walk right back out with your kid in hand. Any oddity that stands out to you as a parent becomes a big red flag.

I 100% believe that there are some big hearted, amazing transgender people out there with plenty of use to society. Not sure story time is their best fit into that society. They are completely within their rights to get a job at a daycare and I'm completely within my rights to say fuck that. If there is a lot of people who think like me, there won't be a lot of people like them working in a daycare. The free market will decide that, not a law or politician.

Archived