THE BROWNS BOARD

Gordon looked great!

Mudfly

Thought Id focus a little on JG's return, as he really looked good for his first game back. Simply put, he looked like the beast we all "prayed" he would be.

After last season, I just hoped he was as great as he looked. But there was always the chance(likelyhood?) that it was just one huge season and he could fall back to earth this year. Could still happen, but Im thinking not.

So many people warned he wouldnt step in and do anything after the suspension. Said he'd be rusty, out of shape, have poor timing, etc etc etc

Well, 120 yards(with poor QB play) looked pretty damn good to me. In fact, it gives him the highest "per game" average in the league already...hahaha.....and I think Hawk looked great in the slot and reaped the benefits of JG just stepping on the field.....plus, it looks like he has an arm too! That was a great save(and heady football) on the broken run play.

I spent a lot of time being angry with him and his issues, but hope(and think) he understands his situation and will respond positively. Happy happy happy to have him back in the fold!

So far, so good....Now go get us some TD's Josh!!!!.......GO BROWNS!

Oh yeah, I forgot about the trick play that went bad. That was a good decision by JG.

Had a lot of YAC. The ones that stood out for me were the two LOS passes and then blazing up the field. It all happened too fast, but how many blocks did he get with those runs? Players from both sides were surrounding him, so there had to be some, but I didn't catch any obvious key blocks.

JG showed what we all knew already, he's great. Last year wasn't a fluke, nor were his back to back 200YD games, the dude is about as close to unstoppable as you get.

That being said, we saw what it's like to have a guy with his speed, size, etc. out there (quite nice it was). We just need him to put down the pipe, because he's proven he isn't sly enough to not get caught.

That being said, he did seem to lose track of the ball a few times, and wasn't on the same page as Hoyer as to where he was going to be all the time. That was pretty much to be expected, though.

120 yards receiving on his "rusty" return. Yeah I'm OK with that.

Targeted many more times that should have been completions, too. Pretty scary :lol:

Also, how about the other JG Gilbert's big play at the end? Almost knocked it into an INT which would have ended the game right there.

Secondary in general played outstanding yesterday. We're going to have a scary group back there for years to come. Nice blitzes by K'waun too. Hopefully Gipson gets well soon.

One last thing, I loved how gordon had the catch near the sideline, had nowhere to go but initiated contact and plowed over Trufant for the extra yard.

Gilbert is showing signs that he can eventually become a great corner.

And, there is a maturity about Gordon - Never saw him fired up before yesterday.

He was really invested in the team, it seems. Can't wait til the next game.

And, he threw the most beautiful incomplete pass of the game !

Couple things I saw today with Gordon.

-Next game watch how smooth and non-chalant he is while catching a football. Its like everything is in slow motion and hes on 100. Its like nothing to him to pop it up to himself full speed and grab it.

-He was mad about some of the Hoyer throws. You could see it. He could have had (id say should have) had about 200 today. For good or bad its very clear he wasnt happy.

-Hes a really good run blocker. Sometimes he just runs the db clear away from the play.

-Anyone see the dudes pressers? I really believe he was heartbroken to sot out 10 weeks. He was really emotional, so happy thr team was winning. He literally deflected every question to , CANT let the team down. Good stuff.

Couple things I saw today with Gordon.

-Next game watch how smooth and non-chalant he is while catching a football. Its like everything is in slow motion and hes on 100. Its like nothing to him to pop it up to himself full speed and grab it.

When he kicks it on, that's basically what happens.

-He was mad about some of the Hoyer throws. You could see it. He could have had (id say should have) had about 200 today. For good or bad its very clear he wasnt happy.

I think he is equally or more guilty on some of the incompletions - misunderstood dynamic. The end of first half play where it looked like Hoyer just missed, was entirely miscommunication or misunderstanding of where he should be/expected him to be (tried to lead him across away from the safety, not up towards the safety). Totally expected this game, it will get better.

-Hes a really good run blocker. Sometimes he just runs the db clear away from the play.

Wasn't this part of his game questioned? Not being invested in every play where he knows he won't get to touch the ball, that is. Given his size and strength he can bully pretty much anybody in the backfield when blocking. I'd have to look back to see his blocks, or wait for Tour's analysis - but if he changed his plays-off mentality then maybe he is getting more mature...or the coaching staff got through to him.

-Anyone see the dudes pressers? I really believe he was heartbroken to sot out 10 weeks. He was really emotional, so happy thr team was winning. He literally deflected every question to , CANT let the team down. Good stuff.

Lets see what he does in the back 5. Hoyer's press conference was interesting - basically deflected everything to "I sucked today"

Yeah I was yelling at Gilbert thru the TV "turn around"!!!

Even with the tip, if Skrine (I think it was him) had been there just a couple steps sooner...

Yea I don't know enough about corner technique, but he seemed to react based on the body language of the receiver, which worked - but probably better to play the ball (since he lost a step, maybe he did the right thing though). I'm not complainin' cuz it worked.

Quite simply.. the man is a beast among boys... he's the best in the game,period. I don't care what anyone says..

Yea I don't know enough about corner technique, but he seemed to react based on the body language of the receiver, which worked - but probably better to play the ball (since he lost a step, maybe he did the right thing though). I'm not complainin' cuz it worked.

Oh yeah, I'm not complaining about Gilbert. He covered well, just I see what's coming and his back is turned so I assumed he didn't see what was coming.

Quite simply.. the man is a beast among boys... he's the best in the game,period. I don't care what anyone says..

He makes DBs look like high schoolers. There are a lot of WRs in the league with speed, but there are VERY few with Gordons speed plus his strength and YAC ability. My opinion (biased obviously) is that he is the most dangerous receiver in the league

Cut him now... He's only going to break our hearts in the long run.

Just a lil sumthin' for all the old, "cut him folks" still in the house...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah... :lol:

Oh... and EAT ME, Chris Carter!

Cut him now... He's only going to break our hearts in the long run.

Just a lil sumthin' for all the old, "cut him folks" still in the house...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah... :lol:

Oh... and EAT ME, Chris Carter!

I admit it. I was one of the ones who kind of said that..... Didn't want to "cut" him, but was at least prepared to move on without him.....and If he eventually showed up.....GREAT!!!!....and if not, oh well, wasn't gonna cry about it either.

NOW.....I am very happy and love him(again). I am putting faith that he's seen the light and, therefore, will play lights out!

BUT....If he screws us(again). I will be mad(again)..... Etc.

I admit it. I was one of the ones who kind of said that..... Didn't want to "cut" him, but was at least prepared to move on without him.....and If he eventually showed up.....GREAT!!!!....and if not, oh well, wasn't gonna cry about it either.

NOW.....I am very happy and love him(again). I am putting faith that he's seen the light and, therefore, will play lights out!

BUT....If he screws us(again). I will be mad(again)..... Etc.

I'm just happy he came back this late and we have something to play for still.

I admit it. I was one of the ones who kind of said that.....

Say it ain't so, Mud...

I have no memory of any specific member's stance on Gordon, but if forced to guess, then I might be right on one or two... never would have guessed you.

Object of my post was fun, not to embarrass others... and especially not one of my main Browns brothers...

Say it ain't so, Mud...

I have no memory of any specific member's stance on Gordon, but if forced to guess, then I might be right on one or two... never would have guessed you.

Object of my post was fun, not to embarrass others... and especially not one of my main Browns brothers...

Hahaha.....it IS so.....and we almost always agree, so no sweat here at all..... Im not embarrassed to admit what I felt.....Im a fan after all..... and I never have issues admitting when Im wrong, cause that happens too....plus, it gives me more cred in the end ;)

Like I said....I never wanted to cut or release him.....I just wasn't going to defend him OR let him effect my feelings for the team and the season ahead.....and, at the time, I guess I was wishing we took that #1 Banner was supposedly offered....

Now?.....I think Ill just keep him and see how it plays out....and I have faith that he'll do great!.

Archived