THE BROWNS BOARD

Mr. Lerner Please Stay!

PoeticG

Somebody shake me... Wake me up from this... say it ain't so, Randy, don't go... :(

Randy,

You have been here from day "one". Okay maybe your Father was the original owner but you've been around since the beginning. I started my Browns' Fandom in '99 when they came back. We owe a lot to your Father. He "passed"- before we could thank him with a Championship, he passed that on to you. Please, Randy, reconsider. This ship that's been sinking for such a long time, We- the fans, have been right here with you. This is the time, this is the time we finally hit the smooth sailing. It's been a rough stretch of water for some time. We've been through a lot together. Once a Brown, Always a Brown. It means something to ME that you stay to see through what your Father entrusted to you. I think we are getting there, BE STRONG, we have all been tested, all of us fans have considered that we might not have it in us, to be loyal and continue to support THE CLEVELAND BROWNS, yet WE REMAIN loyal and stand ready to take on all-comers. Stand with us Randy Lerner. Give us this last chance to prove that- yes! Once a Brown, Always a Brown! The rough part is over, STAY HERE and let's REDEEM The Cleveland Browns' Legacy TOGETHER! For Your FATHER! THIS YEAR, THIS YEAR THAT IS RIGHT NOW!! GIVE US THIS- THIS LAST CHANCE- FOR ALFRED LERNER!!!

Signed,

The Brownies.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82aea33e/article/mike-holmgrens-cleveland-browns-future-unclear

The latest Cleveland Browns rebuilding effort won't get finished, just like all the ones before it. President Mike Holmgren tried to build a foundation on top of all the other failed plans, but the imminent sale of the franchise means Holmgren's blueprints likely will end up in the trash like the rest.

Pat Shurmur surely will coach this season, but the pressure to win will be enormous and unrealistic. The roster has too many holes. Brandon Weeden -- the 28-year-old rookie quarterback -- can't save everyone.

Holmgren could be out as soon as expected new owner Jimmy Haslam arrives, and Holmgren knows it. Under current Browns owner Randy Lerner, Holmgren possessed more organizational clout than perhaps any non-owner in the NFL except Bill Belichick. It's hard to imagine a smooth transition for Holmgren under new leadership.

Frustrated Browns fans might be excited for change, but they equally should be frustrated if the team starts all over again. Holmgren wasted a year making up his mind on Eric Mangini and another year going all-in on Colt McCoy. Holmgren also couldn't close a deal for Robert Griffin III.

It should be noted Holmgren and hand-picked general manager Tom Heckert have drafted well for the Browns, McCoy aside. Cornerback Joe Haden, safety T.J. Ward, wideout Greg Little, linebacker Jabaal Sheard, and nose tackle Phil Taylor all look like building blocks. Haden should be a star.

Holmgren's Browns quietly have made some strides, like Mangini did on defense in his two years. We probably just won't ever find out if the plan was going to work.

The Browns will rebuild again; it's only a matter of time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is just what we don't want. We are on the cusp of taking over the AFCN this season. The Steelers and Ravens are old. The Bengals can be beaten. We can win this division. We can make some noise once we get into the playoffs. You can't bet against the Browns in the Playoffs! Could you imagine the hunger of our team.

I think Lerner is making a BIG mistake, once this season plays out the Browns will be looked upon as contenders and the Media bucks will come rolling in. Hold on Randy!

Are you serious dude, i kept waiting for the tip off that it was sarcastic. You should delete that shit because it is embarrassing.

Randy Lerner is a tool and his Dad the saintly Alfred Lerner was driving the get away car that Art Modell used to take our football team to Baltimore.

The Lerners wont be missed.

Somebody shake me... Wake me up from this... say it ain't so, Randy, don't go... :(

Randy,

You have been here from day "one". Okay maybe your Father was the original owner but you've been around since the beginning. I started my Browns' Fandom in '99 when they came back. We owe a lot to your Father. He "passed"- before we could thank him with a Championship, he passed that on to you. Please, Randy, reconsider. This ship that's been sinking for such a long time, We- the fans, have been right here with you. This is the time, this is the time we finally hit the smooth sailing. It's been a rough stretch of water for some time. We've been through a lot together. Once a Brown, Always a Brown. It means something to ME that you stay to see through what your Father entrusted to you. I think we are getting there, BE STRONG, we have all been tested, all of us fans have considered that we might not have it in us, to be loyal and continue to support THE CLEVELAND BROWNS, yet WE REMAIN loyal and stand ready to take on all-comers. Stand with us Randy Lerner. Give us this last chance to prove that- yes! Once a Brown, Always a Brown! The rough part is over, STAY HERE and let's REDEEM The Cleveland Browns' Legacy TOGETHER! For Your FATHER! THIS YEAR, THIS YEAR THAT IS RIGHT NOW!! GIVE US THIS- THIS LAST CHANCE- FOR ALFRED LERNER!!!

Signed,

The Brownies.

Randy,

Signed,

The Brownies.

Oh yeah I'm just kidding

Fixed it :D

Randy never had the moxy to run the browns football organization anywhere but into the ground and i think he is a real douche for not handling the sale of the team either before training camp or waiting until after the season..

Not a real classy move by either of these guys imho that is all it has done is cause a distraction for the coaches/players and whipped the city and fans into an angst of the team leaving town or being controlled by the stoolers...

Randy,

Signed,

The Brownies

Well, now we finally know who "Poetic G" is:

Zombo

I don't know about that, but as for the timing, I doubt the selling of a billion dollar sports franchise can be done inside a timed window.

I think it happens when it happens. It would have been nice had this happened in January, but for whatever reason it didn't or couldn't.

This isn't like deciding to sell Ole' Betsy out in the driveway for $3000.

Shut the actual fuck up. Everything you say is just flat out annoying.

PG, your optimism is nice, your sense of reality isn't. Seriously- what if your man-crush Richardson blows out a knee before the season starts? I haven't forgotten about Ki-Jana Carter.

I don't know why Lerner is ditching the Browns- but his track record as an owner sucks. Period. You hoping the blind squirrel finally found the acorn in Holmgren and Heckert? Cusp of turning things around? When the pundits have Cleveland as the worst team in the NFL. Well, I guess if you're at the bottom of the barrel, the only way is up, no? Lerner sure hasn't endeared himself to a lot of fans going across the pond to bankroll Aston Villa either.

Hopefully that the team will stay in Cleveland. As that is where they need the Dog Pound as it is called.

Not to fear- the as Fred Nance (who wrote the contract when Modell bailed) said "the Browns can't go anywhere until 2029 at the earliest".

I don't know about that, but as for the timing, I doubt the selling of a billion dollar sports franchise can be done inside a timed window.

I think it happens when it happens. It would have been nice had this happened in January, but for whatever reason it didn't or couldn't.

This isn't like deciding to sell Ole' Betsy out in the driveway for $3000.

All indications are that this deal has been in the works for months and months. They put the kibash (sp.?) on it getting out in May, and it was probably well into talks even at that time. I don't think there is such a thing as "good timing" in a deal like this.

Yo, don't get me wrong. I have been watching the same team as you have for longer than 10 years. I love this team right now. Joe Haden. Rubin, Taylor, Sheard, Benard, DQ, Miava, Momass, Cribbs, Dawson, Thomas, Mack, Ward, Little, Richardson, Gordon, McCoy, Watson, Cameron, Hodges, Weeden, Skrine... okay, it's getting a little thin... of a lesser extent- GoCong, Patterson, Hagg, Pinkston and LavaMan. Smelley looks like a Vickers type to me. Now this is where it gets me... Lawrence Vickers.

Lawrence Vickers. One of my all time favorite Browns. I bet if we really tried we could bring back Vickers. Imagine Vickers blowing the LB's back 3 yards while Richardson SCOOTS through the hole. What about Hillis and Richardson together... So, I guess I kinda understand where the proponents in favor of selling the team stand. What I don't like about Lerner is that he wouldn't make that executive decision to keep Vickers even when Vickers pleaded to him and stated his case in remaining a Brown. Vickers called on Lerner, and he let Vickers and I both down. So I've changed my decision...

This is what I don't want to happen. I don't want somebody who has a stake in Pittsburgh. Lerner wasn't what I'd like him to be but at least he had some class. He's just like a Steeler bandwagon Fan but with 'lots more money'. I want somebody who is a Brown... at heart. Even if this guy from Tennesee, that holds stakes in Pittsburgh, that clashes with his monopoly, that suddenly wants a piece of the Browns because we're on the rise... and we have been for a while now. Maybe not in the final score but in that nearly every team that played us, know'd that'd they'd play'd us. We left a mark, and many a times we crippled the Steelers into the playoffs. Maybe we haven't been successful in the wins or whatever, but we've stayed true to Cleveland.

This is Cleveland. We are on the rise. We are headed in the right direction. Do not blow this FO up. Holmgren - Heckert - Jauron - Childress - "hopefully" Shurmur.

Yo, don't get me wrong. I have been watching the same team as you have for longer than 10 years. I've been fired, I've been robbed, I even said used religion as an excuse to not have to work on Sundays. I believe in God, but I'm a sinner and I don't go to church either. I've followed this team since it's birth. It's kinda like my child, my adopted child. I love this team right now. Joe Haden. Rubin, Taylor, Sheard, Benard, DQ, Miava, Momass, Cribbs, Dawson, Thomas, Mack, Ward, Little, Richardson, Gordon, McCoy, Watson, Cameron, Hodges, Weeden, Skrine... okay, it's getting a little thin... of a lesser extent- GoCong, Patterson, Hagg, Pinkston and LavaMan. Smelley looks like a Vickers type to me. Now this is where it gets me... Lawrence Vickers.

Lawrence Vickers. One of my all time favorite Browns. I bet if we really tried we could bring back Vickers. Imagine Vickers blowing the LB's back 3 yards while Richardson SCOOTS through the hole. What about Hillis and Richardson together... So, I guess I kinda understand where the proponents in favor of selling the team stand. What I don't like about Lerner is that he wouldn't make that executive decision to keep Vickers even when Vickers pleaded to him and stated his case in remaining a Brown. Vickers called on Lerner, and he let Vickers and I both down. So I've changed my decision...

This is what I don't want to happen. I don't want somebody who has a stake in Pittsburgh. Lerner wasn't what I'd like him to be but at least he had some class. He's just like a Steeler bandwagon Fan but with 'lots more money'. I want somebody who is a Brown... at heart. Even if this guy from Tennesee, that holds stakes in Pittsburgh, that clashes with his monopoly, that suddenly wants a piece of the Browns because we're on the rise... and we have been for a while now. Maybe not in the final score but in that nearly every team that played us, know'd that'd they'd play'd us. We left a mark, and many a times we crippled the Steelers into the playoffs. Maybe we haven't been successful in the wins or whatever, but we've stayed true to Cleveland.

This is Cleveland. We are on the rise. We are headed in the right direction. Do not blow this FO up. Holmgren - Heckert - Jauron - Childress - "hopefully" Shurmur.

zzzzzzzzzzz

Yo, don't get me wrong. I have been watching the same team as you have for longer than 10 years. I love this team right now. Joe Haden. Rubin, Taylor, Sheard, Benard, DQ, Miava, Momass, Cribbs, Dawson, Thomas, Mack, Ward, Little, Richardson, Gordon, McCoy, Watson, Cameron, Hodges, Weeden, Skrine... okay, it's getting a little thin... of a lesser extent- GoCong, Patterson, Hagg, Pinkston and LavaMan. Smelley looks like a Vickers type to me. Now this is where it gets me... Lawrence Vickers.

Again, as I have said, a majority interest in an NFL team comes on the marketplace maybe two or three times in a decade. Here is the list of owners:

Arizona Cardinals Bill Bidwill 1 1972 ...but his family has owned it since the 20s

Atlanta Falcons Arthur Blank† 1 2004

Baltimore Ravens Steve Bisciotti† 1 2004 ...optioned to buy it in like 1998

Buffalo Bills Ralph Wilson2 1960

Carolina Panthers Jerry Richardson††† 2 1993

Chicago Bears Virginia Halas McCaskey† 3 1983...owned by Halas since 1920

Cincinnati Bengals Mike Brown3 1991 ...owned by Paul Brown since 1968

Cleveland Browns Randy Lerner3 2002 ..owned by Al since 1999

Dallas Cowboys Jerry Jones 1989

Denver Broncos Pat Bowlen† 1984

Detroit Lions William Clay Ford, Sr. 1964 ..owned by the Ford family for years before this.

Green Bay Packers Green Bay Packers, Inc. 1923

Houston Texans Robert C. McNair† 2 2002

Indianapolis Colts Jim Irsay 1997 ..owned by father since at least late 60s/early 70s

Jacksonville Jaguars Shahid Khan 2012

Kansas City Chiefs Clark Hunt†† 3 2006 ..owned by Hunt family since inception in 1960

Miami Dolphins Stephen M. Ross† 2008

Minnesota Vikings Zygi Wilf† 2005

New England Patriots Robert Kraft 1994

New Orleans Saints Tom Benson 1985

New York Giants John Mara (50%)4

Steve Tisch (50%) 2005 ...Giants owned by Mara/Tisch since 20s

New York Jets Robert Wood Johnson IV 2000

Oakland Raiders Carol and Mark Davis† 3,5 2011 owned by Al Davis since 60s/70s

Philadelphia Eagles Jeffrey Lurie 1994

Pittsburgh Steelers Dan Rooney3 1988 ..owned by Art Rooney since 1933

San Diego Chargers Alex Spanos†1 1984

San Francisco 49ers Jed York 1 2009 ..owned by DeBartolo family since 1970s

Seattle Seahawks Paul Allen 1997

St. Louis Rams Stan Kroenke 1 2010

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Malcolm Glazer 1995

Tennessee Titans Bud Adams2 1960

Washington Redskins Dan Snyder† 1999

So, you see, when an NFL teams comes up for sale....the fat cat must pounce.

Edit note: highlighted ones are teams that had real ownership changes since 2000 (not inherited)...though note: Biscotti option predated 2000.

I just wish Randy would WAIT a little longer to sell. We are on the CUSP right now of becoming a winning Franchise. Just a little longer Randy and you'll have many more potential buyers, ones that actually CARE about the Browns as more than just some income-stream for some already wealthy guru....

...The Cleveland Browns are worth more than that...

I just wish Randy would WAIT a little longer to sell. We are on the CUSP right now of becoming a winning Franchise. Just a little longer Randy and you'll have many more potential buyers, ones that actually CARE about the Browns as more than just some income-stream for some already wealthy guru....

No one but an already extremely wealthy "guru" can afford to pay a billion dollars for an NFL franchise.

Read the ESPN article PG. Lerner wants to go over to the UK to be with his real love Aston Villa. Let him go. I don't particularly like the idea Haslam has no ties to the area- but a lot of very successful NFL owners don't either. Jerry Jones is from Arkansas, Pat Bowlen- Wisconsin.

Read the ESPN article PG. Lerner wants to go over to the UK to be with his real love Aston Villa. Let him go. I don't particularly like the idea Haslam has no ties to the area- but a lot of very successful NFL owners don't either. Jerry Jones is from Arkansas, Pat Bowlen- Wisconsin.

Ralph Wilson is from Detroit. Stan Kroenke from Denver. As mentioned elsewhere the DeBartolo/Yorks are from Youngstown.

And a lot of people have assimilated to whereever their NFL team was, like Bud Adams, Irsay etc. etc.

Haslam will soon learn to become a NEOpolitan.

Hopefully that the team will stay in Cleveland. As that is where they need the Dog Pound as it is called.

No matter what the new ownership wants to do it can't move if they wanted to. There's a iron clad lease on the stadium until 2030. So we can dig in for at least the next 18 years.

Randy,

Signed,

The Brownies.

Man are you for real? Getup off your knees are you a red-headed step child or something. Randy go play with your soccer team and whatever diversions you always had except helping the Browns. You won't be missed, Oh and don't let that door hit your ass on the way out...

Archived