THE BROWNS BOARD

Another case of "loot first, ask questions later" in Charlotte

bbedward

http://abcnews.go.com/US/violent-protests-erupt-charlotte-deadly-police-shooting/story?id=42238697

Basically:

- Police went to serve a warrant to a guy

- a different guy exited a vehicle. Police say he had a gun, bystanders say he had a book (police said they recovered a firearm at the scene but obviously we should wait for facts unlike the rioters)

- Black guy gets shot by black police officer

- Instead of waiting for an investigation or facts, there's riots, looting, blocking freeways nearly immediately.

And more people chanting the "Hands up don't shoot" lie.

BLM continues to discredit their cause

it's an old trick, cut out the interior of pages in a book, and use if as a safe.

you can even buy them now.

Facts don't matter to "revolutionaries" who don't have a cause.

WATCH: Charlotte police chief explains why officers shot Keith Lamont Scott

"I’m so disgusted right now. These BLM protesters obviously don’t care about facts. All they care is that the man who was shot was black.

As it turns out, the cops were once again correct in shooting Keith Lamont Scott. He had a gun and he wouldn’t drop it.

I so hate what’s been done to this country by Obama, Sharpton, the Congressional Black Caucus, and Black Lives Matter.

They used Trayvon Martin to gin up blacks to go vote for Obama. Then Michael Brown came along and they claimed that he was a gentle giant shot by cops in the back. None of it true. And Freddie Gray and on and on.

Obama, Sharpton, the Congressional Black Caucus, Black Lives Matter, and others have now created a protest monster, a monster that assumes racism where there is none. A monster who believes racist white cops are out hunting down black people.

This is the legacy of Obama. Instead of bringing the country together, he’s balkanized it for political purposes. And it’s disgusting."

http://therightscoop.com/watch-charlotte-police-chief-explains-why-officers-shot-keith-lamont-scott/

it's an old trick, cut out the interior of pages in a book, and use if as a safe.

you can even buy them now.

Facts don't matter to "revolutionaries" who don't have a cause.

I am guessing the locals are saying it is a book because they want the dumb criminal to seem like a swell guy. "He was just trying to read his Bible and then a murderous policeman arrived."

All I'm saying is that same day black people witnessed a black man who simply had a stalled vehicle get murdered with his hands up. You can't not bring that shit up and point fingers at the same time. If I were a black person I'd honestly be terrified of police. Fear brings out the worst in people right or wrong. It's a vicious cycle, and it's a matter of condoning bad activities. It starts with police officers not murdering people.

All I'm saying is that same day black people witnessed a black man who simply had a stalled vehicle get murdered with his hands up. You can't not bring that shit up and point fingers at the same time. If I were a black person I'd honestly be terrified of police. Fear brings out the worst in people right or wrong. It's a vicious cycle, and it's a matter of condoning bad activities. It starts with police officers not murdering people.

There is zero justification for torching your own neighborhood and robbing your neighbors. If something makes you afraid or angry, do you walk over to your neighbor's house and steal his TV to show the source of your fear who is boss? Take it up with the cops.

There is zero justification for torching your own neighborhood and robbing your neighbors. If something makes you afraid or angry, do you walk over to your neighbor's house and steal his TV to show the source of your fear who is boss? Take it up with the cops.

I'd rather them torch their own neighborhood than mine.

People have tried taking it up with the cops and end up dead on the ground for a traffic stop. I'm not justifying it, but it's not like people are looting on no premise. Also, the vast majority of people are trying to do this the right way. It's the bad apples that get the air time.

People have tried taking it up with the cops and end up dead on the ground for a traffic stop. I'm not justifying it, but it's not like people are looting on no premise. Also, the vast majority of people are trying to do this the right way. It's the bad apples that get the air time.

You can take it up with the police by organizing for change (ex: collecting money for officer cameras for departments that can't afford them; educating officers and community members on how to deescalate interactions etc.). Not organizing to burn shit.

But I guess being mistreated by the police is a premise for burning down your own neighborhood and robbing people on your block but not for actually wanting to change anything.

You can take it up with the police by organizing for change (ex: collecting money for officer cameras for departments that can't afford them; educating officers and community members on how to deescalate interactions etc.). Not organizing to burn shit.

But I guess being mistreated by the police is a premise for burning down your own neighborhood and robbing people on your block but not for actually wanting to change anything.

They have tried taking it up with the police and nothing has changed. They try to trust the police to investigate murders, but they never get tried or get off for killing someone in cold blood.

This is exactly the problem. People feel high and mighty making this statement like the system works if it was followed "correctly". That's the damn problem though-the system is broken.

They have tried taking it up with the police and nothing has changed. They try to trust the police to investigate murders, but they never get tried or get off for killing someone in cold blood.

This is exactly the problem. People feel high and mighty making this statement like the system works if it was followed "correctly". That's the damn problem though-the system is broken.

Well then I guess the most logical thing to do is to steal your neighbor's TV. Pooling together money to have a legal team? Nah. Pressure elected officials with public attention to get money raised for police cameras? Nah. Inform communities about the idea of jury nullification in cases where county and state prosecutors are corrupt? Nah. Only option is to get those sweet new kicks from the store down the street after someone puts a cinderblock through the window.

Don't give me that horse shit about how nothing can be done.

Well then I guess the most logical thing to do is to steal your neighbor's TV. Pooling together money to have a legal team? Nah. Pressure elected officials with public attention to get money raised for police cameras? Nah. Inform communities about the idea of jury nullification in cases where county and state prosecutors are corrupt? Nah. Only option is to get those sweet new kicks from the store down the street after someone puts a cinderblock through the window.

Don't give me that horse shit about how nothing can be done.

You think we're disagreeing with each other but we're not. Let me break it down based on what you said though

These families have had good lawyers-doesn't make a difference.

Body Cameras have been put on officers-still not getting charged with murder and getting acquitted with even better footage of the fact now!

Jury Nullification-Do you really think that shit would work (it won't).

It's easy for you to puff out your chest and say this crap because in theory if the system worked those would be solutions. As I've said three times now, the system is critically broken and shit like what you're suggesting has made no God damn difference. It doesn't mean people should loot, but I can understand the rage of being on the wrong side of a system where people are dead in the street.

You think we're disagreeing with each other but we're not. Let me break it down based on what you said though

Body Cameras have been put on officers-still not getting charged with murder and getting acquitted with even better footage of the fact now!

It's easy for you to puff out your chest and say this crap because in theory if the system worked those would be solutions. As I've said three times now, the system is critically broken and shit like what you're suggesting has made no God damn difference. It doesn't mean people should loot, but I can understand the rage of being on the wrong side of a system where people are dead in the street.

Like I said before, someone with a supposed 'super intelligent brain with their head up their ass'.

Not once has jury nullification or an organized effort for creating a legal team supplied by the NAACP or BLM been mentioned by the vocal leaders. So if they haven't been mentioned and they haven't been done, then how did they already fail?

You just sound like you are whining and hand wringing to justify shitty behavior.

Stuart

What a fuckin bunch of garbage.

You know whats broken? The black community is broken. Fix that first.

DISGUSTING: Charlotte rioters try to toss unconscious photographer INTO A FIRE

WCCB reports tonight that "protesters" in Charlotte attempted to set a photographer on fire. The reporter on scene stated that they set fire to a trash can, then blocked firetrucks from getting to the fire, and then tried to throw a still photographer into the fire.

http://www.redstate.com/absentee/2016/09/21/chaos-charlotteprotest-rioters-attempt-set-photographer-fire/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfxCDnARNOI

It bothers me when I see police stand idly by while rioters loot and burn stores and business and other forms of destruction. There should be a zero tolerance for rioters. When rioters get by without consequences for their actions it just encourages more of it.

There is a huge difference between rioting and protesting. Protesting is fine...rioting should never be tolerated.

I don't see how somebody like jrb can defend this frankly, the very least they can do is wait for facts.

People act like cops go around slaughtering blacks and that is false.

I mean

1) I would never never get out of my car with my gun in my hand unless I was prepared to use it

2) if I refused to drop said gun in hand after multiple police told me to I think my chances of being shot would be pretty high.

The number 26% of police shootings are against blacks (50% against whites) isn't that crazy racist given the per capita crime rate in their communities. Many times we see black officers doing the shooting, are they uncle toms that are just butchering their own race?

It's a perfectly reasonable cause to want to reform the police - make them smarter when it comes to using deadly force, hold them accountable.

The fact that the entire cause is about race and nothing else has discredited the entire thing though.

Archived