THE BROWNS BOARD

Gruden May Be Gone

BrownsFan4Evr

Let him go. I am quite happy with our coach. We are building something.

Zombo

+1 Gruden may figure there's a lot less pressure being a college coach- which is why the odds of him going to Dallas to coach the Cowboys are about nil. Remember you-know-who pimping Tressell weekly to be the next coach of the Browns? Why in the hell would Jim leave a situation where he has lifetime job security, is treated like the King of Columbus, makes as much or more than any NFL Head Coach, can "draft" virtually any HS kid in the State of Ohio (and 1\2 of the out-of-staters), and not get worried about getting canned after one bad season?

We can all breath a sigh of relief, looks like grudens not going to miami.

too bad. i wish he would go. then you can find out for yourself what a fraud of a head coach the guy really is. problem is he knows he got lucky in the nfl and doesn't want to be 'found out' so he'll stay in the espn booth where mike tirico loves to suck his dick and he can spout his nonsensical football drivel.

We also have wrs but that doesn't mean there any good douchebag

wrrebel: don't want to get into it with you (cuz i know how nasty it can get) but what's up with this mancrush thing with gruden? you act as though he's the second coming of lombardi or something.

We're 9-19 the last two years. Tough to get psyched about coaching with that record. I'm not saying he's doomed, but he hasn't gotten anything done so far.

8-7 the last fifteen. The team is improving, the system is taking hold. He's getting there. It's not like he inherited a talent-factory ... plus you gotta give him slack for basically having no GM last year.

Mangini has them playing hard, and a lot smarter, I have no doubt we will win a few more this year and he'll be back...

Zombo

making a coaching change is more than a year or two process. they have to implement a new system that the players have to learn, the coaches get rid of players and bring in players via trades, free agency, draft.........it's not an overnite thing.

gruden inherited the tampa team that dungy built.

mangini built a foundation in ny that ryan now is building upon.

let mangini do the same here. why blow this thing up when everything is looking like we're headed in the right direction. hopefully with another good draft we'll be in the playoffs next year.

Here is his stats

Team Year Regular Season Post Season

Won Lost Ties Win % Finish Won Lost Win % Result

OAK 1998 8 8 0 .500 3rd in AFC West - - - -

OAK 1999 8 8 0 .500 4th in AFC West - - - -

OAK 2000 12 4 0 .750 1st in AFC West 1 1 .500 Lost to Baltimore Ravens in AFC Championship Game.

OAK 2001 10 6 0 .625 1st in AFC West 1 1 .500 Lost to New England Patriots in AFC Divisional Game.

OAK Total 38 26 0 .594 2 2 .500

TAM 2002 12 4 0 .750 1st in NFC South 3 0 1.000 Won Super Bowl XXXVII

TAM 2003 7 9 0 .438 3rd in NFC South - - - -

TAM 2004 5 11 0 .312 4th in NFC South - - - -

TAM 2005 11 5 0 .688 1st in NFC South 0 1 .000 Lost to Washington Redskins in NFC Wild-Card Game.

TAM 2006 4 12 0 .250 4th in NFC South - - - -

TAM 2007 9 7 0 .563 1st in NFC South 0 1 .000 Lost to New York Giants in NFC Wild-Card Game.

TAM 2008 9 7 0 .563 3rd in NFC South - - - -

TAM Total 57 55 0 .509 3 2 .600

Total[7] 95 81 0 .540 5 4 .556

Yeah your right winning a superbowl is a tank job...

I didn't start this thread one of ur mangini minions did

Lol....won the big one his first year....then the team completely crumbled on his watch. Then got fired.....now if figure such a great coach would be able to hold it together. Nope...not chucky.....wheels fell off the bus and and an electrical fire burned it to the ground. It took them till this year to recover from his monumental xxxxups. That roster was in horrible shape.

Let him go. I am quite happy with our coach. We are building something.

Zombo

I second and third the motion to stay to the course with what we are building now. Total rebuilding with a new coach on up is unacceptical. How many times to you have to see a team tore down every 2 years if a new system is brought in and then we wait for them to gell. We are on the move and improving the way we are. Some major building blocks are already in place.

Unfortunately for WRRebel, the call against UM in the title game was not just a great call, it was the only correct call.

1) The NASO - the organization that certifies the referees on the field every Saturday and Sunday - named that penalty call as one of the top 18 calls in any sport ever.

http://www.naso.org/pressreleases/st143.htm

2) Here is the appropriate angle of the play:

http://onegreatseason.com/home/2010/7/14/o...terference.html

Refs agree it was the correct call. Replays demonstrate it was the correct call. Karma proved it was the correct call.. the title was not won until OSU stopped UM four times when UM had first and goal on the 1 in the final OT.

Archived