THE BROWNS BOARD

If Penn State Wins the Big 10

wargograw

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, here is another thing that Ohio Stat and Michigan may have over Penn State: While Penn State won the Big Ten East.....they did it playing an easier overall conference schedule. By this I mean that OSU and MU played the tougher BTWest schools:

Penn State's Big Ten West opponents were: Minnesota, Iowa, Purdue

Ohio State Big Ten West opponents were: Wisconsin, Nebraska, Northwestern

Michigan's Big Ten West opponents were: Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois.

The Big Ten West final standings were:

Wisconsin 7-2

Nebraska 6-3

Iowa 6-3

Minnesota 5-4

Northwestern 5-4

Illinois 2-7

Purdue 1-8

So, not only did OSU have the strongest SOS with their non-conf. opponents, they also had the strongest SOS in conference, followed by Michigan...then Penn State lagging behind in SOS.

About these B1G awards....

Yes they really show one thing OHIO STATE went 11-1 with a really smaller but faster young developing team.

I didn't see the last two years lists but I'd bet they had way more Buckeyes many now in the NFL.

10-2 with a better resume and a head to head win

It's not a better resume when the loss is factored in. And how is it better than Ohio State's anyway? OU/Colorado-wash. Wisconsin-wash. Nebraska-? I guess you're saying beating Penn State is a better accomplishment than beating Michigan?

It's not a better resume when the loss is factored in. And how is it better than Ohio State's anyway? OU/Colorado-wash. Wisconsin-wash. Nebraska-? I guess you're saying beating Penn State is a better accomplishment than beating Michigan?

Look at post #30 of this thread where I evaluate each of the teams resumes.

I don't see Clemson losing to Va. Tech. That puts them in. That makes 3 slots taken.

If Washington wins tonight, I can't see the committee dropping a one loss team who just beat another Top Ten team.

Of course, the excitement comes in if Colorado wins. Then the dogfight is on: Michgan (at 5 it would seem that they stand to move up a slot). PSU/Wisc. winner? Colorado? Oklahoma/OK St. winner?

Tonight's game is big. If Wash. wins...and especially if they win big, they slam dunk get in.

Then everyone else has to put their hopes on a major upset of Va. Tech over Clemson.

Change your avatar before I unleash my avatar to go after your avatar. :ph34r: He and his last name could end up in a bowl of soup.

Chowder head? :huh:

This is the easiest final four.

1 Alabama

2 OSU

3 Clemson

4 Washington

If any of the 3-4 lose then. Who knows.

But if Clemson and Washington win......it's a no brainer

Grats to State Penn... hopefully they'll wish tOSU well when we're in the playoffs.

Too bad Clemson and Washington didn't lose I was looking forward to a

1 ALA

2 OSU

3 MICH

4 PSU

But still congratulations Penn State for a great year.

Archived