THE BROWNS BOARD

Most Millennials are finding it hard to transition into adulthood

some are lazy, most have serious energy, honest values and principles...

but far too many live life like as in a video game. Being in expressway traffic, they

stomp on the gas to change lanes cause the other one is open...

except they don't think about it - that empty lane is closed. But, they figure if they roar down

the empty lane, they can get someone to let them in (entitlement), or they force themselves in,

leaving no room for error, and often cause an accident.

You see these sheepish young birdbrains standing in the back of their car, looking like their makebelieve

world just crashed and "it isn't fair" etc, with the police talking to them. And, they never think about the other cars

that might be doing the same thing.

and two millenial twits with hot cars, racing through traffic. And later, there's a big accident with

a semi-truck and one or both stupid young people's cars. Ambulances.

Apparently, those young pampered, fantasy video game world people don't get reality. "hey, no fair...."

they lack social skills, and they don't/won't believe in anything most do. Guns, privacy, responsibility,

Real Marriage, God, military, work ethic, their country/patriotism, freedom, history, life, the unborn kids....

all there, to them.... for them to ridicule, and have a built-in excuse for their selfishness. And they let

the rest of America do the work of having belief systems, and honor and integrity.

And we boomers (1946-1964) particularly early boomers had it much easier than all the following groups the X, Y, Millenials and now Z (born since 2000) and just coming out of high school....

Im not sure if you'd consider me a millenial.

I am 22, turning 23 this year.

Yes I do live with my dad and his girlfriend, but I work two jobs, have a degree, have been on my own before. So I know the value of a dollar and that you got to work hard in life to pay your bills and live comfortably.

Imoved back in to save some money. Also going back to college this summer to get another degree.

I definitely do feel that our generation is lazy. There is absolutely no question.

However, there are many smart kids going out into the world and becoming successful.

I think when one reaches a certain age, they realize what they need to do to "move up" in the world.

It is hard when you have alot of the youth unmotivated, uninspired, and unhinged.

We expect technology to solve our issues when in fact, they themselves are the ones who need to apply the knowledge to their lives.

We have answers at the tips of our fingers, yet everyone is so dumb..

If you go by definitions you're a late Millenial almost an early "Gen Z". And true there are exceptions to most all generalizations in life but the best thing you can do is know yourself and be yourself....sounds easy right?

I remember when the Greatest Generation the WWII group thought we boomers were a bunch of worthless long haired hippies but we turned out OK as a generalization.

One thing since Gen X don't let computers and cell phones run your life, get out and do something more worthwhile....as I sit here in bed typing on my 10" tablet. ;)

Gen "Y" - the young

Gen "X" - the young xenophobic, subset of "Y"

Gen "Z" - resembling zombies, subset of "Y"

I've seen 5 or 6 living generations depending on who's doing the slicing and dicing.....

Currently, five generations make up our society. Each of those five generations has an active role in the marketplace. Depending on the specific workplace, the workforce includes four to five generations. Here are the birth years for each generation:

Gen Z, iGen, or Centennials: Born 1996 and later <--- I've seen that as born 2000 and later

Millennials or Gen Y: Born 1977 to 1995

Generation X: Born 1965 to 1976

Baby Boomers: Born 1946 to 1964

Traditionalists or Silent Generation: Born 1945 and before

Archived