THE BROWNS BOARD

Hines Ward Retires

The Gipper

We would have been lucky to have him on our team all those years.

I have to agree with that. The Pound would have loved his blue-collar, lunch-bucket ass. He might have been just as dirty, but he'd have been our dirty...

On the other hand did I mention that I hate Michigan... B)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes he was a great player for our arch-nemesis. the difference as you point out "we would love to have a fighter blah blah blah" is that we never say we want the dirtiest player in the league on our team.

go back to studying telescoptometry or diddilfication and leave the browns talk to people that actually care about the browns and not some bald-headed faggot from the team we hate the most.

hahahahhahahahahaa, oh man... that was funny

I disagree with you therefore I don't care about the Browns

I study difficult subjects in school you don't get at a University you don't like therefore I am a "bald-headed faggot"...

got it

From now on whenever I post I'll be as biased as possible for the Browns. I won't use common sense, facts, history, nothing. If steelers are mentioned, no matter why, I won't like it. Got it

hahahahhahahahahaa, oh man... that was funny

I disagree with you therefore I don't care about the Browns

I study difficult subjects in school you don't get at a University you don't like therefore I am a "bald-headed faggot"...

got it

From now on whenever I post I'll be as biased as possible for the Browns. I won't use common sense, facts, history, nothing. If steelers are mentioned, no matter why, I won't like it. Got it

When your basketball team can beat the Ohio Bobcats come talk to me.

therefore I am a "bald-headed faggot"...

wow you didn't understand that i was talking about hines ward being a bald headed faggot? who'd you blow to get into michigan?

i didn't know you played for the steelers while studying proctologicyism.

All the bandwagon fans who visit Walmart in NE Ohio will wear another jersey then.

Those are all old BROWNS fans who jumped ship. There is a reason that every retailer in NW Ohio carries Steelers gear. It's because you "loyal" Browns fans jump ship to your biggest rival in record numbers every year.

So he can teach other players to be cheapshotting, whiney bitches just like he is?

Fantastic.

I thought you were a football fan, but you are not, and have NO CLUE Ward was not a cheap shot artest or whiney

He was the epitomy of a real football player, intense, dedicated, hard knocks, and respected by every player in the league and he lasted 14 years playing hard and physical every down

Only fools and idiots would say some of the stuff here and you have garnered your place as a first team fool and idiot

Congrats to Hines Ward one of the best ever!

imho,

Hinesend Ward was hated by many because he was an excellent get first down wr. However,

he was also a whiney cheapshot artist, like Troy Pollyisfullofpoopoo, and several other squeelers who

got to the superbowl again by cheapshotting like they were in a free skeet shooting range.

The squeelers draft consistently - they draft stupid, cheapshot players, who try to hurt people

by breaking the rules to win on the field, and who break the rules off the field to try to win.

That's a Ben Rothlicksbooger reference, (just so squeeler jump on boarders will get it.....)

It wasn't football so much as "win by any dirty means necessary". Any time Ward got hit hard cleanly, the squeelers were outraged.

but they always laughed when THEY tried to end another player's career by cheapshots that have no business in football.

And oline holding, constantly. And shoving off. I can't think of one rule the squeelers haven't broken many times over the years, in any particular game, but mostly, important games.

That goes for Hinesend Ward especially, along with that dimwitted girlieman Pollyisagirlieman, that slug of a DE. and Big Slugfaced Ben R.. .

Furthermore, anybody with an ability to smell a rose, can smell the burnt sulfur kind of sleezeball out of Pittsburg for at least 1,400 miles.

Squeeler fans post like that. You can smell their bandwagon , fairweather garbage' from one end of the NFL boards, to the other.

The rest of the NFL and their fans hold their noses when the squeeler stink wafts across the country - but real NFL fans love FOOTBALL.

(did I mention that the steelers and their fans suck bilgewater off the bottom of all three rivers?:)

imho,

Hinesend Ward was hated by many because he was an excellent get first down wr. However,

he was also a whiney cheapshot artist, like Troy Pollyisfullofpoopoo, and several other squeelers who

got to the superbowl again by cheapshotting like they were in a free skeet shooting range.

The squeelers draft consistently - they draft stupid, cheapshot players, who try to hurt people

by breaking the rules to win on the field, and who break the rules off the field to try to win.

That's a Ben Rothlicksbooger reference, (just so squeeler jump on boarders will get it.....)

It wasn't football so much as "win by any dirty means necessary". Any time Ward got hit hard cleanly, the squeelers were outraged.

but they always laughed when THEY tried to end another player's career by cheapshots that have no business in football.

And oline holding, constantly. And shoving off. I can't think of one rule the squeelers haven't broken many times over the years, in any particular game, but mostly, important games.

That goes for Hinesend Ward especially, along with that dimwitted girlieman Pollyisagirlieman, that slug of a DE. and Big Slugfaced Ben R.. .

Furthermore, anybody with an ability to smell a rose, can smell the burnt sulfur kind of sleezeball out of Pittsburg for at least 1,400 miles.

Squeeler fans post like that. You can smell their bandwagon , fairweather garbage' from one end of the NFL boards, to the other.

The rest of the NFL and their fans hold their noses when the squeeler stink wafts across the country - but real NFL fans love FOOTBALL.

(did I mention that the steelers and their fans suck bilgewater off the bottom of all three rivers?:)

I am happy you had a nice cry, now get back to work on the farm and hope the Browns start drafting like the Steelers

Those are all old BROWNS fans who jumped ship. There is a reason that every retailer in NW Ohio carries Steelers gear. It's because you "loyal" Browns fans jump ship to your biggest rival in record numbers every year.

Well, obviously it is NOT loyal Browns fans that jump ship. It is FRAKs that do that. And we don't need them. You can have them. As soon as yinz have a couple of losing seasons in a rown they, like the rats they are, will jump to another ship. And by the way, with those couple of losing seasons you will find that some of your "loyal" Steeler fans are the same sort of rats and will be jumping ship as well. (because the fact is they are not loyal Steeler fans, just FRAKs)

I thought you were a football fan, but you are not, and have NO CLUE Ward was not a cheap shot artest or whiney

He was the epitomy of a real football player, intense, dedicated, hard knocks, and respected by every player in the league and he lasted 14 years playing hard and physical every down

Only fools and idiots would say some of the stuff here and you have garnered your place as a first team fool and idiot

Congrats to Hines Ward one of the best ever!

Just because he was a real football player, intense, dedicated, tough, and physical does NOT mean that he was not also a cheap shot artist and whiny.

Why would you think that those traits are mutually exclusive? The NFL had to adopt the Hines Ward anti cheap shot rule that makes it illegal to make blind side hits to the head. And he certainly whined to the officials about PI calls. (though really that didn't make him any different than any other receiver....except thaat it diminished his "tough guy" image that he like to project. So, the whining from him seemed more egregious than if it came from a T.O. or Randy Moss or someone else)

Just because he was a real football player, intense, dedicated, tough, and physical does NOT mean that he was not also a cheap shot artist and whiny.

Why would you think that those traits are mutually exclusive? The NFL had to adopt the Hines Ward anti cheap shot rule that makes it illegal to make blind side hits to the head. And he certainly whined to the officials about PI calls. (though really that didn't make him any different than any other receiver....except thaat it diminished his "tough guy" image that he like to project. So, the whining from him seemed more egregious than if it came from a T.O. or Randy Moss or someone else)

Exactly Gipper. Ward was certainly a "tough" football player especially for a wr. But he also never missed an opportunity to blindside a guy when he wasn't looking. As far as his HOF credentials go, if Chris Carter isn't in yet (I had him pegged as a first ballot shoo-in) Whines Hard is gonna be waiting a LONG time before he gets his name called- if ever. Besides CC, there's guys like Marvin Harrison, Isaac Bruce, Torrey Holt, and (hate to say it) T.O. & Randy Moss who will be ahead of him in line.

...and the fall begins... B)

...I can't wait to see how many Steeler fans jump ship when their team turns to shit... It's going to be awesome!

Ward barely played last year and when he did play it was an effort to get him to 1000 receptions. If you can seriously sit back and say "and the fall begins" you didn't watch many Steeler games last season. The cuts they made were made because there are guys behind those cuts to step in immediately otherwise those players would still be on the roster. Casey Hampton took a flat out 3M dollar pay cut to stay, not a restructure a PAY CUT. The Steelers went 12-4 without Hines Ward. Aaron Smith barely played and when he did he was rotating in and Farrior was doing exactly the same. I was sad to see these guys retire BUT it was their time to hang them up. The Steelers aren't going to miss a beat.

EDIT: As far as the Hall is concerned they seem to really like the old school hard nosed players. I don't believe for a minute Hines is a first ballot and I don't expect him to get in on his second either. Hines Ward was never listed in the "ELITE" category BUT he did one thing at an elite level on top of his respectable numbers and that was block. Add those factors together and I think he gets in eventually. Until then I'm going to sit back and wait for "The fall" lol

Ward barely played last year and when he did play it was an effort to get him to 1000 receptions. If you can seriously sit back and say "and the fall begins" you didn't watch many Steeler games last season. The cuts they made were made because there are guys behind those cuts to step in immediately otherwise those players would still be on the roster. Casey Hampton took a flat out 3M dollar pay cut to stay, not a restructure a PAY CUT. The Steelers went 12-4 without Hines Ward. Aaron Smith barely played and when he did he was rotating in and Farrior was doing exactly the same. I was sad to see these guys retire BUT it was their time to hang them up. The Steelers aren't going to miss a beat.

EDIT: As far as the Hall is concerned they seem to really like the old school hard nosed players. I don't believe for a minute Hines is a first ballot and I don't expect him to get in on his second either. Hines Ward was never listed in the "ELITE" category BUT he did one thing at an elite level on top of his respectable numbers and that was block. Add those factors together and I think he gets in eventually. Until then I'm going to sit back and wait for "The fall" lol

See my thread on the HOF criteria.

If you think your Stoolers are excluded somehow from having a fall. Then you are extremely delusional...When you least expect it. It will happen. Every franchise goes through a down period. Some franchises recover better than others.

I am happy you had a nice cry, now get back to work on the farm and hope the Browns start drafting like the Steelers. Rich

I just bought a combine, don't have to cut or split anymore firewood til summer, workin in the garden and the greenhouse......Rich. I'm workin on the farm like crazy to get into shape for the NFL combine.

And, I hope the Browns NEVER draft cheapshotting, egg-sucking, women assaulting, stupid football players like the squeelers do.:)

You fucking homos. When Terry Bradshaw retired I reminded Steeler fans how long he sucked and how his defense carried him. When Franco Harris retired I laughed at how he was a pussy who ran out of bounds.

They had 8 rings and were both hall of famers.

All of you Browns fans saying nice things about Ward are fags.

Grow a set and stand for something.

Z

You fucking homos. When Terry Bradshaw retired I reminded Steeler fans how long he sucked and how his defense carried him. When Franco Harris retired I laughed at how he was a pussy who ran out of bounds.

They had 8 rings and were both hall of famers.

All of you Browns fans saying nice things about Ward are fags.

Grow a set and stand for something.

Z

The only "nice" thing I think I said about him is that he is a borderline Hall of Famer.

The only other thing that can be said is that now that he is retired and no longer in uniform it may be appropriate to look back on his career objectively....and in doing so, there are plusses and minuses to his career...most of which have already been discussed here and elsewhere. (see my WR HOF thread)

The only "nice" thing I think I said about him is that he is a borderline Hall of Famer.

The only other thing that can be said is that now that he is retired and no longer in uniform it may be appropriate to look back on his career objectively....and in doing so, there are plusses and minuses to his career...most of which have already been discussed here and elsewhere. (see my WR HOF thread)

Ummm yeah like how he took roids and played at a high level..even as an old player...gimme a break.

I wasn't talking bout you, of course, gip.

All these people saying "If he played for us blah blah blah..."

Well, he didn't play for us. He played for our mortal sworn enemy.

And every year I hated him and that pissy smile more.

Yes, "The Red Baron" was the type of flier anyone could envy ... but he was the fucking enemy so we hated him and everything about him.

Hines Ward caught a lot of nine yard passes, cheated on his wife, danced with the gay stars and was either waving that fucking yellow cumrag or crying for the cameras every time you turned around.

Fuck him, he couldn't carry Paul Warfield's jockstrap. I could catch 118 7-yard passes if you threw 150 of them at me. So he could block, big deal, so could Vickers.

Glad he's gone, let's break the fucking kneecaps of his replacements.

Zombo

I wasn't talking bout you, of course, gip.

All these people saying "If he played for us blah blah blah..."

Well, he didn't play for us. He played for our mortal sworn enemy.

And every year I hated him and that pissy smile more.

Yes, "The Red Baron" was the type of flier anyone could envy ... but he was the fucking enemy so we hated him and everything about him.

Hines Ward caught a lot of nine yard passes, cheated on his wife, danced with the gay stars and was either waving that fucking yellow cumrag or crying for the cameras every time you turned around.

Fuck him, he couldn't carry Paul Warfield's jockstrap. I could catch 118 7-yard passes if you threw 150 of them at me. So he could block, big deal, so could Vickers.

Glad he's gone, let's break the fucking kneecaps of his replacements.

Zombo

Well then perhaps we should just say objectively: he's gone and we won't have him to kick around anymore....or he won't be around to kick the Browns any more. We can now "diss" whatever other WRs the Steelers do have now.

I didn't know that

apparently you can when a super bowl simply by trying the "cheapshot" people

hard to believe I know!

you wouldn't. you're too young to remember any of those games where your all-star blind-sided defenseless players looking the wrong way. and BTW he didn't 'try' to cheapshot people he lined them up and committed assault.

why are you even here nerd when you are obviously another closet michigan/steelers quiff 15 years old and acting like you know anything browns. if i was a mod i wouldn't allow you to post shit on this forum because you're a punk sellout.

now that he's retired, will hines ward add his name to the players vs. nfl lawsuit to try and get money from the nfl for the concussion problem not addressed in the 70'-90's? he caused half of them to place kickers..... impaled by a fucking bald headed faggot who wouldn't dare do half the shit he did if his opponent saw him coming.

punk bitch. STFU.

And, I hope the Browns NEVER draft cheapshotting, egg-sucking, women assaulting, stupid football players like the squeelers do.:)

Too late douchebag.............he's already the icon of your franchise. anyone care to post jim "i never met a woman i didn't beat the shit out of" brown's police record?

now shut up, the sound of you constantly breathing from your mouth is giving me a headache.

oh, and any of you jackasses want to post some of wards so called "cheap shots"? funny i don't remember ward ever being fined or even flagged for any hits he put on anyone. maybe one flag?............yeah, that's one dirty player.

you wouldn't. you're too young to remember any of those games where your all-star blind-sided defenseless players looking the wrong way. and BTW he didn't 'try' to cheapshot people he lined them up and committed assault.

yeah, it's called football you weeping vagina! i can tell you've NEVER stepped foot on a football field (unless you were a male cheerleader) just by your statement above.

do you think DE's shout a warning to the QB as they come around the blindside and bury them? maybe the browns players do, but it's not the status quo.

do you think MLB's make sure a RB know's he's about to get lit up? as before, maybe the browns do, but it's not the norm.

PLAY WITH YOUR GOD DAMN HEAD ON A SWIVEL! if you weren't looking and didn't see ward coming, then you weren't doing your job correctly.

and just like most little bitches in life you come across........when your preformance makes them look bad they start complaining.

YOUR criteria. You're the same guy who claims Cleveland has 13 championships.

Whatever your criteria is, you can bet it's the same level of a joke.

Your a Stooler fag,....we get it...YOU dont!

Your a Stooler fag,....we get it...YOU dont!

herpes?

Exactly Gipper. Ward was certainly a "tough" football player especially for a wr. But he also never missed an opportunity to blindside a guy when he wasn't looking. As far as his HOF credentials go, if Chris Carter isn't in yet (I had him pegged as a first ballot shoo-in) Whines Hard is gonna be waiting a LONG time before he gets his name called- if ever. Besides CC, there's guys like Marvin Harrison, Isaac Bruce, Torrey Holt, and (hate to say it) T.O. & Randy Moss who will be ahead of him in line.

Ward was definately a tough player and a darn good one. As Browns fans I think sometimes we hate players (or teams) just because they are consistently better than our team. Ward consistently played well and elevated his team. He was probably the best blocking WR we have seen, as well as an excellent route runner and pass catcher. IMO he is definately a HOF'er. Somebody could argue that since he excelled in all areas a WR should excel in, that he is a better WR than some of the names on your list. I know he doesn't have as many yards or TDs. It was time for him to retire, but IMO it is never good to see a once great athlete have to call it a career.

Gaf -

I never liked Jim Brown. I have always said my favorite rb then was Leroy Kelly. I've said that for years.

But that is way back then, and this is now. You are a dumbass squeeler troll...

You don't like the truth about Hinesend Ward being a warped, cheapshotting sissy dirtbag, you are in the wrong place.

You have always been in the wrong place when you are here. Loser.

Archived