THE BROWNS BOARD

Shelton wants to be a Brown

darren15

Well, if you don't believe the rumors on Haslam - then it was Farmer who wanted Manziel. Which gives me reason for pause.

i believe it was haslam all the way.

c'mon, the old tennessee southern privileged sour mash drinking club? like there were no calls made, greasy hands shaken and cigars smoked.

I still would consider Glennon over Bradford and once Petty is Ready to come off the Board.. S. Ray now falling due to Toe surgery does not help us at all in landing The Great Pumpkin in Shelton. New Orange or Brown Jersey we may lose picks, but get Shelton period....

Well, if you don't believe the rumors on Haslam - then it was Farmer who wanted Manziel. Which gives me reason for pause.

One swing and presumed miss (though I'll give him another year before declaring the Weedonity) on a heisman winning QB isn't a tragedy. Outside of that, every other pick has been solid or outstanding, before you even start looking at UDFAs. The only question mark is Gilbert, who himself has actually performed better than many realised.

I don't have much pause on Farmer's talent evaluation skills, just hope he gets the first round selections right.

On NFL Network combination McShay-Kiper mock draft last night they picked Shelton for the Browns at #12. Bill Polian disagreed with their pick saying the Shelton had not met the "NFL measurables" for the position and would not be a good pick for the Browns there.

Comments?

On NFL Network combination McShay-Kiper mock draft last night they picked Shelton for the Browns at #12. Bill Polian disagreed with their pick saying the Shelton had not met the "NFL measurables" for the position and would not be a good pick for the Browns there.

Comments?

Ive been willing to admit Shelton isnt my first choice either , but not because he doesnt have the tools....more of a need vs availability thing....

so....Id be curious if he said who would be the better pick?......and why?

gassed? do you know how much he played of all the plays?

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/39362/shelton-played-2nd-most-snaps-of-any-fbs-dt

Washington DT Danny Shelton played 922 snaps in 2014, which was the second most of any FBS DT, according to Steve Palazzalo.

Palazzalo corrected the linked tweet from 874 to 922, which is good for 80 percent of the school's snaps. It surely highlights the motor of Shelton, but he would be a much more effective player with a lower snap count. We have seen this in the past with a player like Kawann Short, who was on the field for roughly 60 percent of the Panthers snaps this year. For those who watch Short and Star Lotulelei, that rotation greatly helps their impact. Not every team can afford to rotate players up front due to depth, but the best defensive fronts tend to.
and, from the second link:
The Washington prospect recorded 93 tackles, 16.5 tackles for a loss, with nine sacks and five fumble recoveries in 2014

gassed? do you know how much he played of all the plays?

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/39362/shelton-played-2nd-most-snaps-of-any-fbs-dt

Washington DT Danny Shelton played 922 snaps in 2014, which was the second most of any FBS DT, according to Steve Palazzalo.

Palazzalo corrected the linked tweet from 874 to 922, which is good for 80 percent of the school's snaps. It surely highlights the motor of Shelton, but he would be a much more effective player with a lower snap count. We have seen this in the past with a player like Kawann Short, who was on the field for roughly 60 percent of the Panthers snaps this year. For those who watch Short and Star Lotulelei, that rotation greatly helps their impact. Not every team can afford to rotate players up front due to depth, but the best defensive fronts tend to.
and, from the second link:
The Washington prospect recorded 93 tackles, 16.5 tackles for a loss, with nine sacks and five fumble recoveries in 2014

Well that explains why he was wore out.

Ah, that was at the end of the season. But he's a 340 lb man with a high motor,

I don't know that anybody can think he is short winded or anything.

I'll bet there are times when Taylor and Shelton would be on

the dline at the same time. That would rock. I mean, look at

the sacks and tackles for loss. He isn't just a big rock.

That's a very, very special player right there.

Shelton:: The Dude can Roll like a Dawg into another cap before the ball is snapped. Just for that reason alone he must be a Dawg.. Go Browns!!

I resemble that remark...

All I can say is this is not hockey... no boards and no changing lines on the fly. A good hurry up will get you every time. Of course for the mere price of a 5-yard penalty you can then change at your leisure.

Here's a segment from the pressy yesterday and some of what Farmer was saying on OLB...Ive edited it down some to highlight my perspective......how does this ring to you?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

""The Browns lost outside linebacker Jabaal Sheard to New England in free agency and did not add to the room with any signings. This year’s crop of pass rushers is considered to be one of the best in years with as many as six who have been regularly projected to land in the top half of the first round.

“I do think there are guys in this draft that could help you,” Farmer said. “The question of how do they fit into our defense and how do we see them, I’ve had a lot of extensive conversation with the coaches about Player A vs. Player B. At the end of the day, there’s a lot of talk about where those guys will go and who may be available when it’s your turn to select and what the values become.

“What you don’t want to do is end up getting the fifth guy on our list and be like, ‘We got one, but he’s fifth’ and you don’t really love it......."

It was at that point when Farmer, once again, expressed confidence with what the Browns already have at outside linebacker.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So....Id say picking edge rusher at 19 or 43 gets us fifth or much worse......hmmmm

Of course.....Beasley....Fowler.....Ray....Dupree.....Gregory make a possible 5 gone at 12 too....

Shelton and Ray, Dupree or Beasley, Harold or OL. PLEASE just don't take Gregory in any Form of football talent.. Fred Sanford still calls you A BIG DUMMY..

Here's a segment from the pressy yesterday and some of what Farmer was saying on OLB...Ive edited it down some to highlight my perspective......how does this ring to you?

So....Id say picking edge rusher at 19 or 43 gets us fifth or much worse......hmmmm

Of course.....Beasley....Fowler.....Ray....Dupree.....Gregory make a possible 5 gone at 12 too....

I think the edge-rushing, OLB choices at 12 will be Gregory and Harold and Orchard.

Can't see taking a troubled, Mingo clone...

Too early to nab Harold or Orchard.

By 19 Gregory is gone... still a little early for the other two.

Sounds like if we want an impact, edge guy then either we are going to move up to get one of the other four, or we have to include a true, pass rushing, 3-4 DE.... Armstead? But I do not see a move... or an Armstead.

What makes the most sense to me is seeing what a healthy Mingo has in 2015. If he can fill the edge rusher role on top of the coverage potential he showed in 2014, that's a dream combo.

Armstead? But I do not see a move... or an Armstead.

What makes the most sense to me is seeing what a healthy Mingo has in 2015. If he can fill the edge rusher role on top of the coverage potential he showed in 2014, that's a dream combo.

Please.....no Armstead..........anywhere......

Ive got my fingers crossed on Mingo healing up and having a better season....lets hope!......if he does come around, then an Orchard or Harold as developmetal players would look real nice......

OK... no Armstead. Not really a fan, but of the prototypical 3-4 DEs he looks to have pass-rush, impact potential.

Moving up from 19 to get a S. Ray or Dupree feels better than dropping back for a Harold or Orchard. The price shall dictate. Getting Shelton at 12 or higher my 1st Got To Happen..

Archived