THE BROWNS BOARD

Winston tells Harbaugh he didnt steal...

Mudfly

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this story is true:

So when he needed to play he took a hit for the program, but now that he is turning pro he will rat out the program? He's gone, so he doesn't worry about sanctions against Free Shoes University?

To me, that explanation and it's timing is more damning than the first story.

And whether or not it's true, at least one more report of whatever sexual crime is levied against Jamies. And the first accuser is filing a Federal case against Florida State.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2015/01/07/jameis-winston-civil-lawsuit-florida-state-title-ix/21390437/

I don't see why people think this kid's going to make a great face of an NFL franchise. If someone is going to remind me that Perriman's best performances were against inferior opponents (rightfully so) - he threw 18 INTs on a schedule loaded with ACC opponents. I don't think that advertises a smart QB well prepared for opponents as much as it shows me a guy knowing what he can get away with. Same guy he is off the field. They should have rathoused most of their opponents by halftime; but Winston's turnovers prevented that quite often. When they played one of the better defenses in their conference last year (Clemson) - they won without Winston. He couldn't play because his brilliant mind made the decision to scream "F--- her pussy hard" in public. If people think Manziel is a nightmare - the team that drafts Winston up near the top is going to need an Exorcist.

Even EJ Manuel was able to play his way into a first round draft pick by going 25-6 in the same conference with a 12 win season (that hadn't been accomplished since the FSU Criminoles were elite in the 90s). He was at least an easier kid to root for. When he got to the NFL, the difference in the level of competition at the speed of the game completely overwhelmed him.

The 1 time Oregon matched FSU's overall talent on the field - I didn't see Winston looking like he's ready to be the answer for Tampa's offense at all. In fact, take a look at how long Winston has to throw or make a decision that looks crack-free before he turns into Todd Philcox for the Oregon Defense:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube+video+of+winston%27s+turnover+for+a+td+vs+oregon&FORM=VIRE13#view=detail&mid=9EEE1BC2F5D1A6D260FC9EEE1BC2F5D1A6D260FC

I'm pretty sure none of Tampa's QBs got that long to throw behind that line last year especially with the type of play action a 31st ranked running game invited there. I've certainly been wrong before though...

Archived