THE BROWNS BOARD

Winston tells Harbaugh he didnt steal...

Mudfly

So....the story breaking today is that Winston didnt actually steal those crab legs and he was just protecting the program from any trouble......cause there was an employee at that store who would hook up players with free food....

and once that video got out of Winston and his carry out meal, it would have created an NCAA violation for Florida......so Winston decided to take the heat rather than admit the players were getting freebies....

Does that change anything for anyone?....cause Im not sold on all these unsubstantiated claims of character issues....Rapist?(never charged, let alone convicted)....thief?(apparently not)....gun charges?(a BB gun and squirrels...really?).....and yelling in the cafeteria(which was a college prank trending nation wide)......

Anyhoo......dont freak out....not trying to sell him to anyone.....just putting it out there for those who choose to consider all sides of a story..... U haters can still hate all you want....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this story is true:

So when he needed to play he took a hit for the program, but now that he is turning pro he will rat out the program? He's gone, so he doesn't worry about sanctions against Free Shoes University?

To me, that explanation and it's timing is more damning than the first story.

And whether or not it's true, at least one more report of whatever sexual crime is levied against Jamies. And the first accuser is filing a Federal case against Florida State.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2015/01/07/jameis-winston-civil-lawsuit-florida-state-title-ix/21390437/

I dont think he's throwing them under the bus......the tape looks like it's on him for getting free stuff and the school didnt know.......But, anyhow, I felt pretty certain you guys would still find him guilty....(and, apparently, innocent until proven guilty doesn't apply in the rape thing)....

Here's the video of him talking to Harbaugh......

I swear, I'm having such a hard time figuring out what the guy's deal is. It's not a matter for me of thinking he's "guilty" or not, it's the idea that I just can't see a succinct reason for what he does. You look at a guy like Manziel and realize his problem was living the celebrity life and wanting to party all the time. Winston? I just don't know, he's goes from cool and collected to stupid stuff with the flip of a switch.

Thats cool...But Im curious the reason why?.......Is it because of character issues?......or you just dont like his play?

there's nothing I like about him,period..

It's all character. So did he steal, or was the theft charge to protect the school from NCAA violations because everyone knew that you could go to a certain grocery store and be gifted food (NCAA Violation). So now that he is out, he just threw his school under the bus or he just lied.

This guy has no character and I don't believe he will (and this have to be proven over time) hold himself accountable for his shortcomings in the NFL. Hopefully I'm wrong. But the kid is an adult. I knew not to make stupid mistakes at that age and to avoid situations where my actions would be taken negatively and I wasn't looking at banking millions either. I just wanted a normal successful life. He is one screw up to joining Jamarcus Russell at the Golden Corral buffet.

He didn't even learn what Harbaugh was trying to teach him. He really did not understand the difference between right and wrong. He only gave "qualified" answer that still was not taking responsibility.

Pass.

So....the story breaking today is that Winston didnt actually steal those crab legs and he was just protecting the program from any trouble......cause there was an employee at that store who would hook up players with free food....

and once that video got out of Winston and his carry out meal, it would have created an NCAA violation for Florida......so Winston decided to take the heat rather than admit the players were getting freebies....

Does that change anything for anyone?....cause Im not sold on all these unsubstantiated claims of character issues....Rapist?(never charged, let alone convicted)....thief?(apparently not)....gun charges?(a BB gun and squirrels...really?).....and yelling in the cafeteria(which was a college prank trending nation wide)......

Anyhoo......dont freak out....not trying to sell him to anyone.....just putting it out there for those who choose to consider all sides of a story..... U haters can still hate all you want....

It makes him sound worse.

He should have went with Harbaugh's first advice "I fucked up" and move on ...

Sounds like he was willing to take care of any "free hook up" he could get ... who know what else he was walking away with ... and he was basically admitting to an earlier crime ... taking stuff the week before.

How dumb is he to think this was totally legal for 'this dude" to give him free food whenever he wanted that he could just walk out the door with?

There are too many red flags for me on this guy, but talent wins out, he'll get a shot at carrying a franchise.

Zombo

It makes him sound worse.

He should have went with Harbaugh's first advice "I fucked up" and move on ...

Sounds like he was willing to take care of any "free hook up" he could get ... who know what else he was walking away with ... and he was basically admitting to an earlier crime ... taking stuff the week before.

How dumb is he to think this was totally legal for 'this dude" to give him free food whenever he wanted that he could just walk out the door with?

There are too many red flags for me on this guy, but talent wins out, he'll get a shot at carrying a franchise.

Zombo

I won't argue right or wrong, but I don't begrudge a college athlete for taking free food or gifts. I'd honestly be willing to bet that half of the guys in the NCAA do it.

As I read it... the clerk said the cake was on him, and Winston took the cake.

then, he also got crab legs for free. I'm missing the part where the clerk said

he'd be fine with that, too.

It's theft. Winston - all that talent and low class person.

I wouldn't draft him, plain out.

I love Winston if for no other reason than he's become society's whipping boy and everyone hates him for irrationally. Plus he's really good.

I feel the same way. I am very high on Winston as a prospect, have been since the beginning. However, there's a less than .000000001% chance we actually get him, so I've written him off.

I think he'll have a solid NFL career. I also think Mariota will. And Petty, and possibly Hundley. This could be a good year for quarterbacks.

I'm probably the only guy who wants to see if manziel can back up his words this year and commit himself to the game.

Everyone is talking about drafting a QB, but the manziel selection isn't even a year old. Can JFF be a successful NFL QB? I'd say more than likely the answer is no, but no one can say for sure. Regardless of the terrible taste left in our mouths after that Cincy game, there is still a whole world of possibilities when it comes to manziel's career.

If the Browns do spend another high draft pick on a QB it will confirm what I've believed all along: regardless of what farmer says, Manziel was a Haslem pick. GMs pick players with expectations that they will develop into a valuable talent. Coaches spend the time developing that talent. CEO types are the ones who cut losses and lay blame on subordinates.

All that said, if Winston is there at 12 you run to the podium.

HA!.....well it looks like a landslide for .....NO!

+1 not in the top 10.

I love Winston if for no other reason than he's become society's whipping boy and everyone hates him for irrationally. Plus he's really good.

He made his bed- as did Johnny Football. Now he has to sleep in it. Hate? I don't "hate" Famous Jameis. I do think he has character issues. Excuse me if I think there's a high likelihood the stock boy gave me the crab legs story was fabricated by his agent. I have serious doubts the rape accusation was made up by some college wannabe gold digger.

Why do you doubt it? You think a Heisman winner needs to rape girls?

I don't have a problem with people having legit concerns about his character and not wanting to potentially waste a high first round pick. Frankly I think Jameis Winston is a bona dude idiot off the field. But I just see the court of public opinion convicting guys without knowing anything about the evidence. On my A&M site, any Jameis mention is met with "he's still a rapist!" It's nauseating.

Plus in the last year, basically since Ray Rice, the culture's been overwrought with accusations that rape is everywhere and happening all the time and no rape allegation can ever be false and bla bla bla.

Lastly, it's just a general beef I have with the fact that our society gets its kicks by mocking people, so any blemish, no matter how unsubstantiated, is used to kill the alleged perpetrator.

Archived