THE BROWNS BOARD

Stop the Quest for the Holy QB.

SkippinTurtles

Of course I understand the value an outstanding QB plays! But you have to have something for him to work with and the Browns don't.

The Browns have perhaps the best offensive line in the league. While none of their other skill players are mind blowingly spectacular, there are solid veterans at the WR spot...and promising young players at RB......and as noted in another thread, just as solid perhaps as the Pats. So, absolutely a top notch QB would have something to work with.

And your analogy of what would happen to the Steelers if Ben went down shows your ignorance. Of course the Steelers wouldn't do "as well" but because they have consistency, a solid system, and solid leadership, they would still be competitive. Gee....imagine that....the reason it works for the Steelers is the same reason it doesn't work for the Browns! But then that has been a simple fact for as long as the NFL has been in existence.

This is all speculation. The reason it works for the Steelers is the have a HOF caliber QB.

I would be glad to put the proposition to the test.....start one of the other QBs.

How many ways will you try to find a work-around for what the rest of the football world knows works?

The rest of the football world knows that for a team to work, for it to win, it has to have a top notch QB. Why do you think that Winston and Mariota are likely to go 1-2 in the draft next week?

All the other stuff certainly helps: a solid O Line and defense and running game. The rare team with a "mediocre QB" can have success (hello 2000 Ravens, 2002 Bucs)....but out of 50 Super Bowls....name how many teams have won without a top notch QB. Maybe 10%

Out of the 49 teams that have won a SB......I find only 4 that had "mediocre" QBs:

Mark Rypien

Jeff Hostetler

Trent Dilfer

Brad Johnson

(I thought about Doug Williams...but I thought he had a career that was better than mediocre)

And this group are in the HOF or almost assuredly will get in when their time is due:

Starr, Namath, Unitas, Dawson, Staubach, Bradshaw, Montana, Aikman, Young, Elway

Peyton, Brady, Favre, Rodgers, Warner, Brees, BR

And the following are in the "Middle ground". "Franchise like QBs, but not HOF....or perhaps too early yet to determine:

Stabler, Plunkett, Simms, Theisman, Williams, Eli, Flacco, Wilson

So, yea

Quarterbacks Matter.

Douche knows how ridiculous his statement is. He doesn't come here to talk football, he is here to troll. As long as you guys keep biting he wins.

Arguing with a troll is like arguing with a Retard or a toddler, or a Retarded toddler.

Agreed. Why the resident Steeler fans are still allowed to post on this board is simply beyond my understanding.

Douche knows how ridiculous his statement is. He doesn't come here to talk football, he is here to troll. As long as you guys keep biting he wins.

Arguing with a troll is like arguing with a Retard or a toddler, or a Retarded toddler.

Well, as Retarded as he and the Vag are......they still provide an occasional opportunity for all of you to learn something.

Like I said....when thenew23 said that the Browns running game was about as good as the Steeler running game last year, I did scoff a bit at that (though I didn't have an epileptic fit like the Vag).

But, when I actually looked up and computed the numbers I found that thenew23 was absolutely right.....which was a bit of a surprise for me.

Out of the 49 teams that have won a SB......I find only 4 that had "mediocre" QBs:

Mark Rypien

Jeff Hostetler

Trent Dilfer

Brad Johnson

(I thought about Doug Williams...but I thought he had a career that was better than mediocre)

And this group are in the HOF or almost assuredly will get in when their time is due:

Starr, Namath, Unitas, Dawson, Staubach, Bradshaw, Montana, Aikman, Young, Elway

Peyton, Brady, Favre, Rodgers, Warner, Brees, BR

And the following are in the "Middle ground". "Franchise like QBs, but not HOF....or perhaps too early yet to determine:

Stabler, Plunkett, Simms, Theisman, Williams, Eli, Flacco, Wilson

So, yea

Quarterbacks Matter.

you forgot the giants Jeff Hostetler.. or was it Mike.. in any case.. you missed him.

And your analogy of what would happen to the Steelers if Ben went down shows your ignorance. Of course the Steelers wouldn't do "as well" but because they have consistency, a solid system, and solid leadership, they would still be competitive.

And the Browns weren't "cometetive" despite having the 31st ranked team passer rating last year??

Archived