THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns announce roster moves

LondonBrown

As said here http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-add-8-players-to-roster/029ae126-c7e2-4d2d-aaef-47443214cb59

The Cleveland Browns on Monday signed eight players who participated in the club’s rookie minicamp on a tryout basis. General Manager Ray Farmer made the announcement.

To make room on the roster, the Browns waived WR Phil Batesicon-article-link.gif, K Garret Hartley, DBVarmah Sonieicon-article-link.gif and DL Christian Tupouicon-article-link.gif.

Cleveland’s roster is at the offseason maximum of 90 players.

The Browns also announced the signing of sixth-round pick defensive back Charles Gainesicon-article-link.gif.

The group of signees includes seven undrafted free agents and one first-year player consisting of two wide receivers, two tight ends, two defensive backs, one running back and one linebacker.

TE Emmanuel Bibbs - 6-2, 258 | 8/28/1991 | rookie | Iowa State | Chicago, Ill.

WR Paul Browning - 6-2, 218 | 8/5/1992 | rookie | Colorado State-Pueblo | Widefield, Colo.

DB Landon Feichter - 5-11 201 | 8/22/1991 | rookie | Purdue | Fort Wayne, Ind.

TE Kevin Haplea - 6-3, 249 | 10/18/1991 | rookie | Florida State | Annandale, N.J.

WR Darius Jennings - 5-10, 169 | 6/28/1992 | rookie | Virginia | Baltimore, Md.

RB Luke Lundy - 6-0, 230 | 8/23/1988 | rookie | Ottawa | Auburn Neb.

LB Rodman Noel - 6-3, 222 | 7/3/1992 | rookie | North Carolina State | Everett, Mass.

DB Brandon Stephens - 5-10, 199 | 12/14/1987 | first-year | Miami (Ohio) | Strongsville, Ohio

Really wish they would stop throwing in H-backs possible FB all into the TE Position. Sounds like we got 8 but 3 maybe backs as lead blockers or pass catchers out of the backfield as Flip is looking for. Sounds like all of them have good size. I agree I would rather not see West, Crow or Duke Lead Block and risk injury threw Camp or Game day..

Do the Browns have any kickers on the roster?

Spear and Coons. Hartley kickoffs don't reach the End Zone.. Lots of Kicker's cuts is Farmers Plan as usual and don't agree..

They cut Hartley? Who's their kicker?

Spear went to Vanderbilt and is from Highland Hts. He went to Mayfield High.

He never got signed.

Why do I get the sick feeling were stuck with Cuntlipps for another season

Spear and Coons. Hartley kickoffs don't reach the End Zone.. Lots of Kicker's cuts is Farmers Plan as usual and don't agree..

Seems like Farmer's Plan doesn't include ANY of the special teams.

Na Miktoxic you right. We defiantly can't answer our K questions in short form by Last names only :wacko: Please accept my air Apology and to Others... #6 Travis Coons 6' 1" 200lbs 23yrs old 1yr exp. played at Washington Huskies UDFA Waived by Titans 9/14. We signed him 12/14. At Washington 80% 24 of 30 FG career long 48yrd. Also 116 punts 40.1 avg. #4 Carey Spear 5'10" 190lbs. 23yrs old 1 year exp. played at Vandy UDFA Waived by Eagles 8/14. We signed him 12/14. At Vandy Lettered in Soccer, 78% 39 of 50 career long 61. XPTS 48-48 My thought instead of 2 TE's in 6th round, I like Telfair but other pick I would took K. The Good News we have S. Lanning to teach them how to take out Antonio Bryant :P

Archived