THE BROWNS BOARD

Dante Fowler Carted Off The Field

D Bone

The following from the NFL app doesn't sound like a tweak:

"NFL Media columnist Michael Silver, who was embedded with the Jaguars during the draft's first round, said that Jacksonville general manager Dave Caldwell texted him "brutal" in regard to Fowler's injury. Silver added that "early indications are it doesn't not look good."

The following from the NFL doesn't sound like a tweak:

"NFL Media columnist Michael Silver, who was embedded with the Jaguars during the draft's first round, said that Jacksonville general manager Dave Caldwell texted him "brutal" in regard to Fowler's injury. Silver added that "early indications are it doesn't not look good."

Oh man.

That's the thing with knee injuries. Some brutal looking ones can end up being hyperextensions and some mild looking ones can do the worst damage. Like I said, I was literally walking back after a play and tore mine.

ESPN's Tod McShay wrote an article before the draft saying that Fowler and Shane Ray would be NFL busts.

Shades of Sean Lee...

Damn... I feel for the kid and was looking forward to seeing him play.

Ya never know...

I wonder if they regret passing on Leonard Williams

there might be 5 teams that regret passing on leonard williams.

man, it seems like every year or two a top 10 pick gets injured in a practice.

The Jaguars will still sign him as they should and support him during his rehab. It is unfortunate and Fowler is probably bumming to say the least.

Talk about shattered dreams. I am hoping he comes back strong & has a great career, but right now there's probably no consoling him.

It's a shame.

Mike

Well, at least he was a first round pick, one likely to be given time and support to rehab and have a spot on the team. Whereas Ifo sustained a similar injury before he was even drafted. You have to pick yourself up and keep fighting on. Goodluck.

Archived