THE BROWNS BOARD

TP has been realesed by the Chiefs

ColumbusKing

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No it wouldn't. But whatever makes you feel better. You're always the victim in life, huh?

And I know you think I'm contradicting myself being an SEC fan and saying "strengthen the NCAA." I'm not. We'll be fine.

Also, you rattle off your little list of grievances with the NCAA in your first paragraph, and rail on about how they're spineless, yet your solution is for their laws to be relaxed. Makes sense.

Wow, you Aggies haven't been part of the SEC for long, but you have the while thing down I see.

The NCAA has pointless rules that mostly just harm student athletes. The SEC also has rules they refuse to enforce at key schools.

The SEC has benefited from this for some time. This is one of a number of off the field factors that influenced their recent run of success. I could get into them all here if you like.

The NCAA as a whole us a shit org though. It needs to be replaced.

Whereas you haven't been a part of the SEC at all, but you "have the whole thing down."

I'm curious which conference rules aren't being enforced. We certainly are bound by them all the time. Didn't have a spring game this or last year because they won't let you hold them off campus.

No it wouldn't. But whatever makes you feel better. You're always the victim in life, huh?

And I know you think I'm contradicting myself being an SEC fan and saying "strengthen the NCAA." I'm not. We'll be fine.

Also, you rattle off your little list of grievances with the NCAA in your first paragraph, and rail on about how they're spineless, yet your solution is for their laws to be relaxed. Makes sense.

Why on fucking Earth would you be an "SEC" fan? You may be a fan of a team in the SEC....but the rest of that conference are your enemies. Why would you support your enemies?

Do you support ISIS?

Got all the respect in the world for Ohio State. They do what needs to be done. They don't think college football is for saints like Woody does. I'm not gonna sit here and Listen to your dissertation on why OSU is awesome because I don't care to and I respect them. But rant away if you please. I know you will.

And you don't root for them when you're playing them. Thought that was fairly obvious but of course I can't assume anything with you.

I root for all Big Ten teams (even Michigan) when they are playing out of conference - and I root for whatever Big Ten teams give OSU the best chance at a title when they play in conference.

I want all Big Ten teams to win every game they play so that we can be as obnoxious as most SEC fans are when we talk about "the best conference".

It's a college sports thing - because I blatantly root against AFC North teams that aren't the Browns.

I think other conferences started doing it the last few years. Really after the last round of realignment because conference prestige started becoming more and more important to the point where the SEC was recruiting on it even nationally.

When we were in the Big 12, NOBODY in our fan base or in the entire Big 12 (that I know of) rooted for the conference in OOC games. But since 2012 I've seen the Texas fans here in Austin start to pick it up.

Look at you. Aggie fans join the SEC and now you're all about being an "SEC fan". I fucking hate SEC fans. The off the field advantages the SEC has utilized the past decade have been ridiculous.

Oversigning, bagmen, abusing medical hardships to cut players, playing bowls down south, never leaving the south for a game, media bias, inflated preseason poll ratings, etc etc etc.

Not every SEC team does these things (Muschamp UF and UGA have been clean) but damned it the majority doesn't.

I'd prefer there to be a level playing field. I'd prefer teams to win "the right way". None of that matters to a lot of teams in current cfb tho.

Haha wow. You are adorable.

A. You still haven't cited a single CONFERENCE rule that has been allowed to be broken without retribution. Either do so or concede you lied in this thread to advance your cause, in which case readers would be justified in doubting the rest of your claims as well.

B. The fact you think UGA and UF haven't paid players in the eras of either of those coaches is laughable. It's like a girl from LSU that told me on a date once, "Les wouldn't cheat." I laughed out loud. Also, what have those coaches won? Not a thing (as far as conference or national championships).

C. Outside of your first three items (which I think the NCAA should enforce better in legitimate cases, as I've said in this thread), your case is terrible. "Never leaving the south for a game," really?

A. You still haven't cited a single CONFERENCE rule that has been allowed to be broken without retribution. Either do so or concede you lied in this thread to advance your cause, in which case readers would be justified in doubting the rest of your claims as well.

B. The fact you think UGA and UF haven't paid players in the eras of either of those coaches is laughable. It's like a girl from LSU that told me on a date once, "Les wouldn't cheat." I laughed out loud. Also, what have those coaches won? Not a thing (as far as conference or national championships).

C. Outside of your first three items (which I think the NCAA should enforce better in legitimate cases, as I've said in this thread), your case is terrible. "Never leaving the south for a game," really?

And you aren't the brightest guy. You're the one that posted about there not being gays in the NFL, or some dumb Texas level understanding of the issue, right?

A. I am assuming the SEC has conference rules regarding bagmen and paying players. Whether or not they are enforced is another story. I'm sure there was a rule against Auburn bygin Cam for 200k... but that doesn't stop it.

How did I lie in this thread? "Readers would be justified in doubting the rest of your claims." Ok Mr. Jr Lawyer, I am not sure where you think you've "got me" here, but you don't. The whole issue from the beginning was that I thought rules against players selling their own items was bogus. You seemed to disagree, which is funny considering your star alcoholic QB broke the rules signing items for money. In this matter, I think the NCAA could revise their rules, with an added amount of common sense, to help the issue. I don't think that will happen though, because the NCAA is a POS. As an example, they are at times completely spineless and incompetent. While in other cases they blow up over minor infractions. Their reactions are inconsistent and seem to cater to some.

B. Sure then, more of the SEC cheats. Muschamp seemed to do a decent job cleaning up after Urban, and I don't believe either schools really oversign. Many other schools in the SEC do though. Alabama is known for abusing medical hardships to cut players (something Urbs seems to like). Ole Miss's highly ranked class a few years ago was so obviously dirty it was insulting. You can comb through a number of instances of shady behavior like this.

C. I wasn't making a case that every school does all of those. But 1 or more SEC school benefits from a few items on that list. When was the last time UF voluntarily went North for an OOC game? Where are the majority of bowl games located? If you don't think thi skews bowl success to more local team then you're crazy.

Media bias, especially on ESPN, is obvious. This influences recruit perception and voters in the polls too. Preseason polls serve no other purpose than to prop up SEC schools for being in the SEC. If every conference game on your schedule is a top 25 opponent, that makes your wins look better and your losses not as bad. At one point a few years ago a terrible Miss St squad was top 10 in the country 7 or so weeks in, after beating no one, simply because they started rank. Then, what was an easy win for another SEC school looked like a top 10 win. All of this builds on itself. Luckily, it has calmed down recently, but I'd prefer no preseason polls. No polling until week 5 or 6.

Yes, and how many do you know are gay? That's right. Zero. Not a quality selling point.

A. It's not the conference's job to enforce them, and that's if I take your premise that they (or any conference) even have rules (as a conference) against paying players. That's what the NCAA is for. So, barring you providing another, actual example, there is one blatantly false claim that you made to support your entire theory that you CAN NOT prove whatsoever.

Johnny wouldn't have gotten away with it (although there was no legitimate proof that he in fact did what you claim) if the NCAA were stronger. Hence my point. And you're of the opinion that what he did should be legal anyway, so that's yet another example of you making a poor case.

B. I never denied that we cheated, so giving a bunch of examples of as much is a waste of your time. A&M most likely cheats. Certainly, SEC Commissioner Slive and our brass did what it took to intimidate the NCAA into settling on the half game suspension with JFF. I thought I had stated this repeatedly on this and other threads but will do so again: I do not care.

C. The majority of bowl games are down here because the best players and more importantly fans are down here. More people will want to go to bowl games down here. Go look up the attendance figures for bowls. Outside of the Rose, in 2013 (only year I could find good data for) the highest attendance at a bowl game above the Mason-Dixon (so not including Arizona) was the Holiday Bowl with 52,000. This was good for 13th highest. Do you think northern cities should be awarded bowls they will not attend? Do you believe in capitalism?

Moreover, bowl games are in the winter and the weather is better here. You apparently think southern teams should be forced to go up north for games. So I'm assuming you want the NCAA, or whatever arbitrary group you would have established by power 5 presidents (which by the way would only devolve into the same exact thing as the NCAA), to make a rule. Even though we've established that the NCAA is not powerful enough to enforce its own rules. Yeah, this should work.

The Mississippi State team you mentioned started the season unranked. Their high ranking wasn't because they "started rank," but because they were undefeated. Furthermore, they were never top 10 in the country. Before receiving their week 8 shellacking to the hands of Alabama, they had only gotten as high as 15 in the AP poll, and 12 in the BCS. Is your contention that a 7-0 team should be unranked? Man, this just gets better and better. And just to further reduce your argument to a pile of dust, that 8-5 Mississippi State team beat a ranked 10-2 Big 10 team by two touchdowns in the bowl game. I don't think I've ever won an argument this easily.

We win quality OOC games all the time and, prior to last season (where we finished only a measly NUMBER 2 in bowl standings), we had the best bowl record some 8 or 9 seasons running. So the hype is well deserved. Also, go take a look at the numbers of NFL talent coming from each of the conferences. But I guess the league's general managers are all just participating in the conspiracy? Perhaps the deciders of Pro Bowl players are part of the ruse as well? We had 25 players in the Pro Bowl last year (1.79 per conference team), shredding the other 4 conferences which had between 14 and 19 (Big 10 the lowest).

Quit making excuses for your failures. If you want success, go get it. You obviously know the blueprint.

Rooting for a conference is gay.

When the playoffs started last year, all I cared about was the Steelers, Ravens and Bungles losing.

I don't want my rivals to have more ammunition to throw shit in my face.

Ohio St. hates Michigan. That's the way it should be.

I don't know what is going on in the SEC, but if LSU loses to Alabama and then Alabama beats Ohio St. (Yeah, right) do they count that as some sort of reacharound?

Let's remember ... these are the same folks that were the last ones to embrace civil rights, some of these teams were still integrating in the 70's. Not the smartest of folk.

I grew up rooting for GDI's ... Pitt , Penn St. and Notre Dame ... and I remember conference play as bitter battles to get into the right bowl game ... OSU/Michigan, Oklahoma/Nebraska, USC/UCLA ... hated each other, and wished the other nothing but ill will if they advanced.

This thing where SEC teams root for other SEC teams when they are eliminated is homosexual in nature. The South loves the South. But they also love NASCAR and fake wrestling ...they are fucking idiots. And if you are a Texas A&M fan ... and you grew up rooting for the Southwest Conference or the Big 12, and now you "root" for the SEC ... not only are you gay, but you are a whore. A manwhore that prefers the company of men. That's who you are.

Zombo

Well, as I said, most in other conferences don't root for their conference, and that includes A&M fans when we were in the Big 12 and SWC. Not gonna waste my time dissecting the rest of the pukestain of poppycock you call a post. The fact that you would invoke civil rights or the Civil War in a football discussion, THAT's what's gay here. I already said I like Ohio State, just enjoy your crystal ball and move along. I'm just here to take on the idiocy that is Woody logic.

Well, as I said, most in other conferences don't root for their conference, and that includes A&M fans when we were in the Big 12 and SWC. Not gonna waste my time dissecting the rest of the pukestain of poppycock you call a post. The fact that you would invoke civil rights or the Civil War in a football discussion, THAT's what's gay here. I already said I like Ohio State, just enjoy your crystal ball and move along. I'm just here to take on the idiocy that is Woody logic.

I'm sorry that your civil rights record embarrasses you, but you still haven't explained why as an SEC member you DO root for your conference while other conferences don't. I'm just curious why you do that.

Zombo

Zombo's closeminded view sure sounds like someone from the south to me.

I'm closeminded because I think rooting for your conference after you are eliminated is gay?

And you are relating that to Southerners, because you think all southerners are closeminded?

So you think I'm closeminded for making fun of a bunch of people that you think are closeminded ... but I'm sure you are openminded about thinking I'm closeminded, right?

Very judgmental of you, Timmy. I'm thinking there was a lack of hugs in your family.

Zombo

I'm sorry that you need to invoke irrelevant facts to try and prove a point....and still fail to do so.

I'd answer your question, but I know you're just trolling. Not worth the keystrokes.

I'm closeminded because I think rooting for your conference after you are eliminated is gay?

And you are relating that to Southerners, because you think all southerners are closeminded?

So you think I'm closeminded for making fun of a bunch of people that you think are closeminded ... but I'm sure you are openminded about thinking I'm closeminded, right?

Very judgmental of you, Timmy. I'm thinking there was a lack of hugs in your family.

Zombo

Plenty of hugs. Also plenty of logical discussion, and very few homophobic quips..

I'm sorry that you need to invoke irrelevant facts to try and prove a point....and still fail to do so.

I'd answer your question, but I know you're just trolling. Not worth the keystrokes.

So ... you can't answer a direct question of why you root for your conference when other conferences don't?

And I have been on this site, The Browns Board, for 18 years discussing the Browns, but now I am "trolling" a guy with an avatar of Texas A&M who is on the Browns Board telling me that his college conference is the best because it roots for itself?

Yes, I am a troll. A Big Time troll ... for just asking you to clarify your stance on college football conferences here on this Cleveland Browns forum.

I apologize for being out of place.

Please ... please ... carry on Mr. Idontcareaboutyoursixtyyearsofhistoryiamjustherebecauseyoudraftedabackupqbthatplayedformyfavoritecollegeteamsopleasequitrollingmewithyourquestionscantyouseehowimportantmyquestis?

Zombo

Plenty of hugs. Also plenty of logical discussion, and very few homophobic quips..

Oh, you are upset because I used the word "gay'.

Yet, you feel the entire South is closeminded.

You apparently have it all figured out ... if only the rest of us could be so enlightened.

Zombo

I can answer it. I'm choosing not to. Just like 23 didn't answer Tim's questions the other day when the former determined the latter was trying to bait him, as you are. That your opinion is that I just exist here to troll this board as an A&M fan is completely unfounded and just another lame ad hominem attack.

And you don't know anything about me. If my intentions are what you say, wouldn't I have joined the board a year ago? I just joined in February. Always been a Browns fan. My father went to Mentor High School. Both parents went to Lake Erie College. I'm sure you will have some pathetic comeback like "so your dad must be a fag since he went to an all girls school!" Super clever bro. We're all very impressed. And ftr my avatar on the A&M boards is a Browns logo. Not meant to troll.

I can answer it. I'm choosing not to. Just like 23 didn't answer Tim's questions the other day when the former determined the latter was trying to bait him, as you are.

LOL, I'm not trying to bait you. I want to know why you think that makes it the best. I'm not a Big Ten guy waiting to shove some kind of superiority in your face. I just want to know why ... you don't have to tell me ... but that's weird.

That your opinion is that I just exist here to troll this board as an A&M fan is completely unfounded and just another lame ad hominem attack.

I never said that was my opinion. How is it an attack if I never said it? Are you just the most defensive person in the world? Or does my reputation precede me?

And you don't know anything about me. If my intentions are what you say, wouldn't I have joined the board a year ago? I just joined in February. Always been a Browns fan. My father went to Mentor High School. Both parents went to Lake Erie College. I'm sure you will have some pathetic comeback like "so your dad must be a fag since he went to an all girls school!" Super clever bro.

This is hilarious. I never stated what your intentions were. So you are making up my intention, and then making up a joke i might say, and then responding to the joke I might say that you made up about my intention that I never stated.

I think this is a first. But I'll give you a B- on the joke because I would never say "fag", that is offensive, you homo, and I don't know anything about Lake Erie college. But if it is an all girls school and your dad went there, he's brilliant.

Oh .. and I know when you joined and why. Because I am the administrator. I'm the guy you sent the note to explaining your Browns history and Cleveland connection .. and I'm the guy who approved you.

I just wanted to fucking know, from your perspective, why the fact that the SEC roots for itself is a reason onto itself of why it is the best conference. Was generally curious. But I probably got off on the wrong foot by saying rooting for a conference is gay. Like your dad.

Zombo

A.Let's make things clear.....a lot of the SEC teams look so good because of the cupcake non-conference schedules.

Also....the SEC was far from the best conference this past year despite some teams having gawdy early season records (see A Above). Their record in bowl games wasn't so hot. And, in this last draft, the Pac12 had more higher players drafted than the SEC.....because apparently it had more talent

What Zombo really is hinting at, and what guys like ballpeen have confirmed is that this "rooting for the SEC" phenomena is that somehow people in the south think that because they may have good football teams that it somehow makes up for losing the Civil War.....honest to fucking god. They think that "Dixie will rise again" if they win a football game.

Of course what a lot of those people don't get is that it is the great great great grandsons of those slaves they fought so hard to keep that are winning them those football games. And it is these same g-g-g-sons that they wanted to deny rights to up until at least the 80s (and even some today). So, yes, the South has risen again.....the sons of the slaves of the south that is.

I can answer it. I'm choosing not to. Just like 23 didn't answer Tim's questions the other day when the former determined the latter was trying to bait him, as you are. That your opinion is that I just exist here to troll this board as an A&M fan is completely unfounded and just another lame ad hominem attack.

Well, if you won't answer him....answer it for me.....because I truly do not understand it. As noted, a TAMU fan rooting for Ark/Ala/GA/Fla. is like a Browns fan rooting for the Steelers or Ravens to me. In other words....anathema to my soul. I mean, yes, it does seem incestuous....and I would like to know why YOU do it. (assuming that is is not just "Dixie pride bullshit")

And you don't know anything about me. If my intentions are what you say, wouldn't I have joined the board a year ago? I just joined in February. Always been a Browns fan. My father went to Mentor High School. Both parents went to Lake Erie College. I'm sure you will have some pathetic comeback like "so your dad must be a fag since he went to an all girls school!" Super clever bro. We're all very impressed. And ftr my avatar on the A&M boards is a Browns logo. Not meant to troll.

Archived